BMW M2 - Long Beach Blue

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Loving it, really shocked to see you traded the M4 Mel but that is one hell of a car and hope you enjoy it!

Reading over your posts on some of the gripes of the M4, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, they are a great car but sometimes hard to gel, I find with mine due to the size and as you said the amount of setup and buttons it takes away some of the experience. I have thought of trading mine is as well but part of me really wants to try an E92 M3, E60 M5 or the previous gen C63 and then get a daily for the work run.

I really need to get a nosy at that car as it looks a stunning machine.

Health to enjoy :grinning:

m5lvyn

RMS Regular
OP
m5lvyn
Drives
GT4
Love it, colour is great.

Interesting write up on the M4, with second hand prices dropping and a lot of choice available I was considering one when the S3 is due a change around September but you have me thinking twice now.

Thanks, the used prices are certainly getting to a cracking value level and some car for the money! The early ones can be updated to run the same software as the lci's etc and with a few mods you'd probably make them as good as the new comps. Don't let me put you off them, I maybe was expecting perfection from it but in reality it was an amazing car all round but didn't quite light my fire enough to keep hold of it just.

Love it, the only BMW I lust after :cool:
Did you just get it this weekend? I thought I passed you in the M4 on Friday heading towards knocknagoney?

Yes Saturday there, I was dropping the car to Bavarian when you passed me so apologies for driving like a granny haha

I really enjoyed the write up about the M4 as I’m trying to source my MD one.

The M2 is a stunning car and I think nicer than the M4. The M4 is a cracking car but these are eye catching. The kids was probably @Owen Mcshane and his buddies jumping out in front of you lol

Very nice, they're brilliant cars for sure! The speed the m4 generates is ridiculous.. but yes I can't stop staring at this wee M2!! Haha maybe, they reminded me of the kids in London constantly car stalking.

Best BM colour at the minute (y). The Lci improvements have helped, but personally I just can’t warm to the M2. I realise I’m the only person in the world though!

Great write up too.

Thanks, the colour does make it and it changes big time depending on the outside light. You'll come round haha :p

The proportions of the M2 are spot on imo. Looks fantastic! Colour is great too!

Shame they used the same pedals as the 218d SE though!

Thanks! Unfortunately Bmw use the same pedals on most of the cars regardless of model 8o|

Car is looking well! Did your valve controller work with with it?

Cheers, Ryan! It does but the values don't make as much of a difference open fully than they did on the m4.. im going to reseacrh it some. I'll drop you a message soon if its going bud!

Loving it, really shocked to see you traded the M4 Mel but that is one hell of a car and hope you enjoy it!

Reading over your posts on some of the gripes of the M4, I agree with a lot of what you are saying, they are a great car but sometimes hard to gel, I find with mine due to the size and as you said the amount of setup and buttons it takes away some of the experience. I have thought of trading mine is as well but part of me really wants to try an E92 M3, E60 M5 or the previous gen C63 and then get a daily for the work run.

I really need to get a nosy at that car as it looks a stunning machine.

Health to enjoy :grinning:

I know it might seem like rash move but I've been secretly eyeing up the M2 for a long time! Everything just lined up and made it worth doing sooner than I thought.

If I was you I'd get a nice comp pack e92 m3 since they're bottomed out with depreciation and keep it mint for the weekend blasts. That v8 is proper special with the exhaust mod! Then as you said something to drive to work.

Yeh man must get a meet sorted (y)

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
Drooled over this in the showroom. Health to drive.

After doing the M day at brandhatch and driving all pretty hard back to back I came home thinking M2 is the best M car I’d ever driving.

I think of it like a e36 feel with e46 power (and some lol) feels almost old school.

Hope to see you about comber!!

hre1d

RMS Regular
Drives
JCW | 500X
Great pics and write up! Beautiful M2, only colour for them!

Had a drive myself in an LCI before Xmas, was sublime!

Health to enjoy(y)

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
In my opinion they seem a little tame looking compared to the M4 and the seats shockingly, from your photos look to be the same as my M Sport ones but with coloured stitching, having said that it is still a stunning machine and I’m sure a joy to drive. Health to drive my friend (y)

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Fantastic, the only fresh M I would have any interest in buying myself. Htd

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
The only M car that really interests me these days, absolutely beautiful in Long Beach Blue, perfect colour.

For me, I'd go manual and fire a set of M Performance seats in, but other than that they are perfect. The small size, fat arches etc just remind me of the E30 M3.

Congrats, and enjoy!

riano

RMS Regular
Drives
C63s coupe
Cheers, Ryan! It does but the values don't make as much of a difference open fully than they did on the m4.. im going to reseacrh it some. I'll drop you a message soon if its going bud!

I think I saw a video that said the M2 valves are constantly open when you switch off the TC?

Nigelo

RMS Regular
I love the look of these, near gave myself whiplash heading past DSC cars in Downpatrick yesterday as they have one, LBB as well! They just look so squat with those arches.

If I didn't need a bit more rear leg room I'd be super-keen on one, interesting that even though the wheelbase is shorter, its not as snappy at the rear (according the t'net)

Sweet purchase!

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Love these, and it is a lovely colour. Months ago one followed me down the pennisula, and it was a menacing site in the rear mirror. Enjoy.

Sheeples

RMS Regular
Drives
M4/RS4
Really love these, would be far more tempted to change to an M2 than an M4 so your write up comparing them is very interesting. Health to enjoy!

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
I must have looked at this thread 10 times today. I love the M2. Looks absolutely fantastic and in a superb colour. Awesome!