Car Insurance increases

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Mum's insurance came in this morning. 79 year old, non commuting policy, and 5k miles per year, has only ever had one claim about 10 years ago in her life on a 2019 1.0 Fiesta almost £1000

roverspeed

RMS Regular
Drives
Insignia
Is yours an '05 @Lappintyre ?

I am going to be north of £4000 annually year to insure everything - House, cars, Travel ins, Life policy etc.

Thing is, its £4000+ a year for something that I'm aiming to never use!!!

Mad....
Whether you like it or not, you're gonna "use" that life insurance policy eventually 😏

davyk31

RMS Regular
Won’t necessarily use the life cover. They normally have an end date whatever you set but normally age 60 to 65.

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
My renewal with hughes was £988 and I got it on go compare for £590 with 1st central with everything the same except I didn’t take legal cover with them. Still have rac breakdown cover etc.

Dave..

RMS Regular
Mum's insurance came in this morning. 79 year old, non commuting policy, and 5k miles per year, has only ever had one claim about 10 years ago in her life on a 2019 1.0 Fiesta almost £1000
My mothers insurance went up we she was the same age. I was told it was because she was so old 🤷‍♂️.
Won’t necessarily use the life cover. They normally have an end date whatever you set but normally age 60 to 65.
Mine is until I hit 75.

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
My mothers insurance went up we she was the same age. I was told it was because she was so old 🤷‍♂️.
I said that to her, that didn't go down well at all. A flying sky remote hurts when it hits you on the head :laughing: . It might also be the car wasn't there something about the Fiesta being the most stolen car in the UK? Even though it was based on number of cars stolen, but when worked it out against number insured it was actually pretty low. But I guess it gives them an excuse

Pumesta

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus_ST_3
Mum phoned her insurance company and they dropped the price by about £80, then put me on her policy and it dropped another £50. Truly I can't get my head round how they come up with their prices

Kerzo

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon FR
stan marsh chicken GIF by South Park