Cars you never knew existed

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Looks vaguely similar to the Polo Crossover thing they made. Also reminds me of those Peugeot 206’s that had a 207 front end.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Skoda 1100 OHC Coupe - only 2 built both destroyed and now 1 restored by Skoda to celebrate 120yrs of Skoda motorsport - cracking looking thing!!

1644832635043.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Skoda 1100 OHC Coupe - only 2 built both destroyed and now 1 restored by Skoda to celebrate 120yrs of Skoda motorsport - cracking looking thing!!
I guess there will be a new electric one soon enough then. They wouldn't have gone to all that effort just for a show car, would they?

Amazing looking thing either way! :cool: A bit of sixties Honda S500/600 over it? Possibly less mad engine in the Skoda :innocent:

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I guess there will be a new electric one soon enough then. They wouldn't have gone to all that effort just for a show car, would they?

Amazing looking thing either way! :cool: A bit of sixties Honda S500/600 over it? Possibly less mad engine in the Skoda :innocent:
Skoda predated the Honda by a few years. Equally super engine in the Skoda, 85 bhp per litre, 92 in total, revving comfortably to 7,700, max operating revs 8200. Honda a bit revvier and maybe more bhp per litre but wouldn't see anywhere near the 125mph top end of the Skoda.
Just goes to show, Honda weren't the only people ever making high revving engines.....

Jaystar77

RMS Regular
East County Down, Loaded up and Truckin'...
Drives
Starlet GT Turbo
Ummmm...

1644950707414.png

1644950735090.png

Don't think they are production, more like a coachbuilding option:

avo5021

RMS Regular
Watching Goonzquad on YouTube and their latest buy is a Factory 5 GTM Super car.

Yes it’s a Kit Car but I’d never heard of them previously.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
But like the Ultima? Only ever seen one but they're still around it seems:

Apis

RMS Regular
Drives
various
Watching Goonzquad on YouTube and their latest buy is a Factory 5 GTM Super car.

Yes it’s a Kit Car but I’d never heard of them previously.

It's the same GTA that made the Rossa in 80s and 90s. One of the best kit cars around at the time, especially the later Rossa K3.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Honda Stepwagon. That would be a Jap import I imagine? Quite a lot of Jap minibuses like that being imported. Tend to be big spec inside. Mazda Bongo would be another one. Nissan Elgrand. Toyota Noah. There are loads.

Learned this from spending waaaaay too much time on Jap import sites 😅

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Dacia. Logan or Duster, not sure, lol.

Not that I didn't know it existed, but never actually been in a Dacia before. And you know what, it's perfectly fine. Won't set your heart on fire, but for doing A to B there's nothing wrong with it. Aircon and all, reasonably spacious, doesn't feel any cheaper than equivalent entry level models with other badges at 50% more. Simple, uncomplicated, should be easy and cheap to keep it going. Sub 10k new.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Dacia. Logan or Duster, not sure, lol.

Not that I didn't know it existed, but never actually been in a Dacia before. And you know what, it's perfectly fine. Won't set your heart on fire, but for doing A to B there's nothing wrong with it. Aircon and all, reasonably spacious, doesn't feel any cheaper than equivalent entry level models with other badges at 50% more. Simple, uncomplicated, should be easy and cheap to keep it going. Sub 10k new.

But would you buy one?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not me personally, no, lol. But if I were in the market for a new cheap runabout then it would be on the list. I was just surprised at just how perfectly good it was at sub 10k. You'd probably need something a couple of years old with a different badge to match that, and I didn't think it was any worse than a base spec equivalent car with another badge.