Cars you never knew existed

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's a Passat/A6, no? Looks exactly like an A6. Not a bad thing mind, just that's what it looks like. Or a Superb :innocent:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
From my cursory glance at the wiki entry, it's built on the same platform as the passat but aimed at a more luxury market. Apparently it was listed as a successor to the CC.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Pretty sure it's a re-boodied Passat. They do look nice mind.

Seen a few saloons, not many but a few. Didn't know there was an estate as well.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Because it sounds more posh than "estate" 😅 😇

I believe "shooting break" originally was more like a glorified pickup, designed to literally take shooters out in the countryside for a bit of sport without having to use their own legs, lol. Hence the name. Or something along those lines at least.

ace275

RMS Regular
Drives
SubaruLegacy
Because it sounds more posh than "estate" 😅 😇

I believe "shooting break" originally was more like a glorified pickup, designed to literally take shooters out in the countryside for a bit of sport without having to use their own legs, lol. Hence the name. Or something along those lines at least.
Given Jag called mine a Sportbrake, that leaves a very short list of sports you can do in the back of a pickup, if that is how the name originates

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
VW Arteon Shooting Brake. They've been out for a couple of years but I've never seen one.

View attachment 375075
Seen one of these in person last year at VW Boucher, very cool cars and given most super saloons are now losing their ‘exotic’ engines it’s every bit as special as them in my book. The R engine is rapid and capable too with a map.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
We've had 3 of them. Sporty, not quite the word 😂

Maybe if the Ford boat anchor was binned and replaced with something that weighed less and had more power....

Laundrymike

RMS Regular
Drives
T4, S3, Mini
I'd genuinely take this over that Arteon, or a Scimitar, or a Jag even...:cool:

1663706370516.png
1663706370516.png

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I have no idea, its Renault so probably :joy: