Drives
SubaruLegacy
A 1 of 11 Bentley Val d'Isere.

The interior is even worse.

View attachment 411721

That is utterly disgusting. The steering wheel is blue and everything 🤮

bsw.PNG

Though, apparently they were four wheel drive:

- The Bentley Val d'Isere is an all-wheel drive Bentley Turbo R that was modified into an Estate edition.
- Mated to an unusual low-speed four-wheel drive system: the front wheels were powered by motors in the hubs that were driven by a hydraulic pump connected the the transmission via a toothed-belt drive. All wheel drive kicked in when reverse or low gears were selected, switching off automatocally at over 30mph.
- The rear overhang was reduced.
- The car was designed and built by Robert Jankel Design.
- The engine is from the Bentley Turbo R, without catalyst.

Though, arguably, this one is even worse:

EdCuBYEXkAAyz1z.jpg

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
I can't help thinking about Jamie Shaws first r5. Also about how blue and yellow leather DO NOT go with wood trim

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I remember seeing some sort of Lotus Esprit with a red and blue interior and thinking it was the worst interior I had ever seen.

Well today it has been bested. Those Bentleys are comically bad. Bravo.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I did see a 986 Boxster S up for sale on pistonheads in that light teal blue and thought it was sensible money and wondered why it hadn't sold. Turns out it had a matching interior not unlike that of the above.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I did see a 986 Boxster S up for sale on pistonheads in that light teal blue and thought it was sensible money and wondered why it hadn't sold. Turns out it had a matching interior not unlike that of the above.
I think the masochist in me kinda wants an early 2.7 boxster in silver, orange fried egg lights and that interior. So truly awful it's great, but at least it's not a 4 cylinder 😂

Paul.

RMS Regular
I still think Porsche are kings of hideous interior options, look at this beauty of a 996 😂

View attachment 411735
I think this is class. I'm not a fan, but I love the fact Porsche will happily let you ruin your car's second-hand value.

"Teal everything, sir? Certainly. And because you've been struggling with which wood trim you prefer, how about some of each?"

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think this is class. I'm not a fan, but I love the fact Porsche will happily let you ruin your car's second-hand value.

"Teal everything, sir? Certainly. And because you've been struggling with which wood trim you prefer, how about some of each?"
It's so genuinely distasteful it's brilliant!

I say fair play to the (thoroughly lacking in taste) people who spec a car like that for themselves. I've only ever witnessed a silver 996 C4 with the same colour interior, it just lacked the wood trim.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I've been in the back of a few of those Passats in China. And yes, it's pretty much exactly a Superb, lol. Best taxis ever made 😎

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
I've been in the back of a few of those Passats in China. And yes, it's pretty much exactly a Superb, lol. Best taxis ever made 😎

Best not let the German taxi drivers hear that one. They took to the streets when the W123 was discontinued for the W124 in the mid
80’s!

IMG_5885.jpeg

Not only that but workers at the Mercedes factory used to get harassed at the factory gates by the public attempting to persuade them to part with their discontinued W123’s lol

And the W124 was a bloody good car too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Would be worth it in a collection just because it's so outlandish, lol. Very Japanese 😎

No idea what one would do with it though.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Was the Orochi not a bespoke Mitsuoka body though?

Bloody terrible looking things, albeit interesting 😂

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yes, bespoke bodies, sometimes interiors but usually not very much on that side. Built on standard chassis.