Cars you never knew existed

Johnny_E

RMS Regular
Drives
C220
For goodness sake.... That explains it 🤣 Uploaded off my phone and never even read the small print that said its AI! 🤦‍♂️

I'd want one if it was real!

Last edited:

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
Lotus Eletre

Didn't know Lotus had made an SUV until I saw one at Cityside on York Street yesterday. I actually thought it was a Lamborghini until I passed it. It was left hand drive too.

Lotus-Eletre-pricing-1600x900-cropped.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
I thought that was for next year?

It's a codev with owner Geely.

There is allegedly an "electric sports car" after that, along the lines of a Taycan. So a 2-tonne electric saloon thing, rather than an electric Elise. That one was supposed to be co-developed with Alpine, but that appears to have fallen apart. Not clear if they're going it alone now.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lotus website says they expect to start to ship them summer 2023, so that is indeed now then 😎

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Had a play on the configurator, came in at £112k. Whoops 😇 Yellow, of course!

It's massive, weighs 2.5 tonnes, huge 112kwh battery, but still only 375 miles official range.

Can't say I see the point, but I'm sure it will fly off the shelf.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Somebody called Analogue Automotive have produced a Lotus Elise "restomod". At £100k+ 😳🤯

Analogue Lotus Elise SuperSport review.jpg

It's nice, but as far as I can tell it uses the same bolt-on bits that any other modified Elise does. Ok, every single one of them, lol, and some bling inside 😇 But still, £100k?

The 210bhp Rover is probably the bulk of that to be honest. At least if it actually lasts more than a few thousand miles.

Manufacturer's link:

Piece from Evo magazine:

Paul.

RMS Regular
Smart looking thing, big big glasshouse with some real nice touches. Would love to have saw it lit up.View attachment 407675
I absolutely love the look of these. Even the standard cargo van is arresting. In a market where the Transporter is the lifestyle van, I reckon the Staria would edge it out on the looks front. Although the van foregoes the LED light bar, instead getting a black plastic insert. But still, Hyundai - why aren't you selling these in the UK!?

hyundai-staria-load-exterior.jpg

And now I'm riled up by things built in RHD (for the Aussie market), but not sold here, I give you the Mazda BT-50. Sure, beneath the skin it's an Isuzu D-Max but Mazda make very pretty cars - which they'll sell us - and pickups - which they won't.

maz14565_bt-50_dualcabpickup_xt4x4_icewhite_front3-4_980x520_rgb.png

purplea4T

RMS Regular
I absolutely love the look of these. Even the standard cargo van is arresting. In a market where the Transporter is the lifestyle van, I reckon the Staria would edge it out on the looks front. Although the van foregoes the LED light bar, instead getting a black plastic insert. But still, Hyundai - why aren't you selling these in the UK!?

hyundai-staria-load-exterior.jpg

And now I'm riled up by things built in RHD (for the Aussie market), but not sold here, I give you the Mazda BT-50. Sure, beneath the skin it's an Isuzu D-Max but Mazda make very pretty cars - which they'll sell us - and pickups - which they won't.

maz14565_bt-50_dualcabpickup_xt4x4_icewhite_front3-4_980x520_rgb.png
The Staria is set up for sale in Australia so it's not a big deal getting its UK compliance, already has EU compliance 🤐. Although they start at €55k or some thing mental 🤨🤣

Gambit

RMS Regular

mikey

RMS Regular
Drives
Celica