Castlewellan Car Show - Saturday 30th June 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
was thinking of dropping in with the e-type but is it really VAG only?
Sorry Andrew but as above its non vag by invite only. It would need to be on a pre-booked club stand. It is a VW show from it started 15 years ago hence that rule.

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
Ah balls, I didn't think the rule was overly enforced either :joy:

I'll be happy enough to park up elsewhere and take a dander round instead :cool:

Always a great show, hard to believe it's 15 years from I was first at it parked on the grass with BBQ's on the go.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
I was at the last one on the grass, think it was 13 years ago. Definitely better in the car park though. Does Porsche count as VAG?

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
@natogreen16v if I come up will I have to stay the whole day or can I leave early etc? With that weather I doubt I'll be rushing away like but just making sure :grinning:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
@natogreen16v if I come up will I have to stay the whole day or can I leave early etc? With that weather I doubt I'll be rushing away like but just making sure :grinning:

As it’s a public park you are normally ok, I’ve done it in the past. I will need to do the same tomorrow.

Reactions: WSM

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
@jonny_w @trev 1515

Previously this has been the case. This year the forestry want the carpark closed until the show is over. No one in or out. They've forced a lot of changes this year tbh

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
Hmm so if I come in at 11 I'm stuck there until 4 at the earliest?

WSM

RMS Regular
Drives
R8
I'll probably give it a miss then if that's the case. I'll see how I feel on Saturday but I have little intention of staying all day.

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Yeah the car park could be better than the show lol.
Strange thing to do, one of the best things about it was that it was a more laid back show and more like just a meet up. Was handy to leave when you wanted. How will joe public be able to get out? Is there still only one way out?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.