Castlewellan Car Show - Saturday 30th June 2018

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Herbert Austin

RMS Regular
Drives
Clubman/s
Great day, here are some photos I took
You can maybe guess which stand I was on :p
GsKJgHxl_o.jpg

eTFTSZZz_o.jpg

9HDJNF39_o.jpg

L46UXBWq_o.jpg

jqoXqqqT_o.jpg

jFizKhLE_o.jpg

7MfaQTau_o.jpg

TqRibhqg_o.jpg

CMqHiu11_o.jpg

cy58TGRj_o.jpg

hEO4jO0f_o.jpg

bjwyfWL9_o.jpg

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Good to catch up with the usual people and meet a few new ones as always.

@Big Pimp I went over to buy stuff from you and ended up chatting and forgot ffs. I'll drop you a message in a few days for some advice

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
I pointed him towards one yesterday and he started to run towards her, turned round and ran back to me and said, ‘No, she’s not pretty enough...my daddy said these are only for pretty girls’

:cool:

Was admiring the golf yesterday for ages..... you got a decent spot lol the stand was busy every time I walked past

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I loved the show. It’s the most relaxed chilled out show there is.

Shame that a jumped up officer dibble park warden seemed to ruin the experience for a lot of people.

Castlewellan has always been probably my favourite show of the calendar each year just because of the location, vibe and people generally enjoying themselves.

This was my first year as a trader and I was flat out and didn’t get a look at 95% of the cars which was disappointing

Thank you to everyone who came to see me, speak to me and buy from me.

It was also awesome to see people using my products when I arrived - both surreal and humbling!

Last edited:

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
It was always my favourite show too. Wasn’t too impressed yesterday. No point having a show there if people can’t actually get into it.

markmeus

RMS Regular
Great show, I was there for about 10:45 and had no issue getting in.
Although I did miss the limbo which they'd always done on previous years
My only gripe would be the "charity donation entrance fee" I only had a £20 note with me. So asked for a tenner back and the guy wasn't one bit happy. I near felt like saying I'll take the £20 back then and you can have whatever loose change is rolling about in the car instead.

bora-gav

RMS Regular
Drives
VW/SKODA
It was always my favourite show too. Wasn’t too impressed yesterday. No point having a show there if people can’t actually get into it.

Yeah I agree.
Did people leave really early? Or did they just not get in? Seen 2 R8s, a Merc, couple nice mk2 golfs, few transporters all leaving when i was stuck in traffic
At the front entrance there was a lovely white mk5 golf parked to one side, a jetta , an orange mk5 golf, a yellow bm and a blue golf R. Probably late to the show and I think the warden in question was at that entrance so I'd assume there was no leeway with him cause by the time I got parked up and into the show there was plenty of show car space

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
We where with Scarlotte (pretty girl got an air freshener @Big Pimp lol) and 6 month old. The walk in was pretty far from where we parked to the show and then lake. We where told cars being turned away, seen it ourselves before we drove looking a space. Yet when we walked in the fella was letting cars in. Very frustrating.

@Reno_LV did you get a photo of Scarlotte?

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
Not sure if it was anyone on here but the warden let us in as I was in crutches and a guy watched and made sure we didn’t hit the wheels as we tried to get past the jeep.

The gate keeper could have been nicer about the situation but he was ignorant. I went up to see @Big Pimp and caught up with a few people but agree there was some cracking cars parked up outside.

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Great, chilled out show. Really really enjoyed it and a credit to GTINi...not quite sure what happened with the park wardens!

Pleasure to be on show and working with @Big Pimp and Pimp Jr on the Anachem stand.

Also good to catch up with the usual suspects and have a bit of craic.

Next year bring more burgers!!!!

Was admiring the golf yesterday for ages..... you got a decent spot lol the stand was busy every time I walked past

Thanks mate, yeah got a really good spot! Couldn’t believe the attention the golf got!

9E913435-CF1B-45DF-9AA1-F64369AA1FF6.jpeg

Gemma

RMS Regular
@markmeus Caroline said the same thing, when she pulled up to the entrance and said I'm here for the show, your man went "and your donation!!!" And put the bucket in her face

She said it was literally, your not getting in until you make a donation attitude

Again absolutely nothing to do with the GTINI guys at all.she had a good time and said the show was great.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Great, chilled out show. Really really enjoyed it and a credit to GTINi...not quite sure what happened with the park wardens!

Pleasure to be on show and working with @Big Pimp and Pimp Jr on the Anachem stand.

Also good to catch up with the usual suspects and have a bit of craic.

Next year bring more burgers!!!!

Thanks mate, yeah got a really good spot! Couldn’t believe the attention the golf got!

View attachment 198673
I need a splitter...

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Great weather for it, and a shame that the forestry whatever they are were making things difficult for the gtini guys.

I had a good day at the show, was mostly just happy my car actually made it there under its own power after last weekends fiasco, and very chuffed to get a top 15 prize.

I must say big thanks to @Big Pimp for letting me abandon my very heavily buffer trailed bonnet at his stand!

Tufty

RMS Regular
Drives
RS3/RS4/S6
I got turned away at the gate by jack the lad who told me the car park was full. I went back to town parked up and walked back to the gate to find out he was letting everyone in so my brother went and grabbed my car while we walked on down and he then didnt get parked as he didnt have £5 for the donation so he went back out to grab a few quid and he didnt get let back in. We must of missed the majority of cars as well as when we arrived there was alot of empty spaces.

@Mark King I did say hello when you where leaving the Mondeo was looking well.

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Great show as always but I was in a foul form going in.

The traffic coming in from Banbridge direction was mental and because we had heard they had closed the gates we had to find a space on the main street. At this point I was worked up, the fiancee was worked up and the little one was starting to get cranky sitting in the car for so long in that heat. So annoyed as it was both their first time at the show and I'd promised them a great day, nice and chilled vibe, a wee picnic and plenty of places to park right next to the show.

Instead I had to walk half a mile into the show with MJ giving off at me and Elena heating up in the sun...only to find out once we were in the show that there was loads of spaces available and absolutely no reason for the park to be closed off! Raging I was!

Once we had sat down in the shade, had a wee picnic and calmed down though, the show was great :grinning:

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.