Caterham 620s S3

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
What an absolute weapon. Looks great in liquid yellow and with the various options. Would love a run in this sometime!

That makes me feel a LOT better about my Westfield :joy:
Westfield's are going up in price a lot in recent year's too, both new and used.

Rob

RMS Regular
Drives
Amarok V6
Westfield's are going up in price a lot in recent year's too, both new and used.

That also makes me feel better, as I have the biggest end of £30k ploughed into mine. They are such a unique car though, nothing turns heads on the road like them. Literally feels like you are in traffic in a mario kart!

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
That also makes me feel better, as I have the biggest end of £30k ploughed into mine. They are such a unique car though, nothing turns heads on the road like them. Literally feels like you are in traffic in a mario kart!
I sold an 08 FW Duratec in 2012 for 12500 and I'd say the same car now is worth 16000.

Reactions: Rob

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
So finally got my exhaust sorted out after the rear exit system bottomed out on our pathetic roads. I wanted to keep the original silencer as it has the catalyst in it and the end was bent beyond repair so I took it to @PeteMoore of Brookfab near Dromore for modifying. Bent bit chopped and new end on.

DSC_0004.JPG

Last edited:

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
If you are over 6'2" and 15 stone you will struggle with an S3.

At 5'9" and 12 stone I rattle around in an S5:joy:

The other thing with an S3, if you're feet are over size 11 you'll struggle with the size of the pedal box and regardless, you need very narrow shoes. Not an issue in an S5

5100d41b1e2895ac287795db040198d0.jpg

Last edited:

Amos

RMS Regular
Drives
What ever is in
Size 11 feet, 5’11” and 16 stone..

Looks like the bigger chassis is what I’m looking for.. Know anyone in NI with one to try my ass in..?

Thanks for the info.

A

mike150

RMS Regular
OP
mike150
Drives
Around
Size 11 feet, 5’11” and 16 stone..

Looks like the bigger chassis is what I’m looking for.. Know anyone in NI with one to try my ass in..?

Thanks for the info.

A
I know there are a few and I know 1 S5 owner.

Caterham are about 2 miles away from Gatwick. Maybe worth a flight over.

I could put you in touch with the Lotus 7 area secretary.

You're welcome to have a look at mine.

Pm me.

slickcell

RMS Regular
Drives
S5 3.0 V6
Yes, that would have been me, you should have stopped me for a chat.

I was running in to get parts and saw you just as you drove off the roundabout towards for Newcastle. Would love to see this up close though!