Chris Evans confirmed as Top Gear presenter

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Rover Repair

RMS Regular
Drives
Rover's!
Oh and imo he will end up being a star in a car on ep1 if they refuse the old format as a hand over of reigns lol

cormac81

RMS Regular
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Good news, There would be always a direct comparsion between Evans and Clarkson if Hammond and May stayed.

Dont get all the talk about them breaking the rules etc, it was all scripted/hype/bad publicity is good publicity nonsense.

Clarkson was a spoilt child that went too far. It was time for something different and back to a car show and not something to rival one of those Ant and Dec shows.

Ghisallo

RMS Regular
Top Gear was never going to continue in the format we knew. It was tired and they had run out of ideas so it needed a change of some sort, whether forced or voluntary. Evans is an ok sort but just a bit too hyper and upbeat for me. Still, it's not thr end of the tv world as some people think it will be.

Coog

Admin
Drives
GTI
lol at the advert on that page :party:

SPAD_JagXE1.jpg

Maranellohouse

RMS Regular
Drives
Italian
Some are saying it was poignant that Suzzy Perry was on TFI last Friday and heres a couple of outsiders
JK, loves cars and Chris likes him
Chris Goffey, used to do it and Chris likes him
Mark webber, Don't know why but ?
Bruno Senna, no job after that classic car show thing on 5
Oh and Sabbin Shmitt?, that lovely looking an talented lady who was on before, they told her she would be good.

Dave..

RMS Regular
I reckon the BBC should have contacted us (RMS) to supply the correct candidates, and as I am one of the oldest on here I should have got the top job - the rest of you guys can fight over the other 2 (y)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The likes of 5th gear is probably a better car show than Top Gear was...and it is hardly getting top viewing figures.

Chris Evans might have been well placed for the job 10 years ago, but it's a bit late now. There probably should be a younger generation brought in, but doubtful there is a lot of real younger talent out there that could achieve good success, especially trying to follow what Top Gear was.

I guess if they're starting from scratch, they'll expect it to take a few years to see how it goes anyway ?

Stebo

RMS Regular
Drives
Defender 110
Hope they start afresh and don't try to replicate the Clarkson, Hammond, May format.

I don't even think it should be in the same studio. Leave that top-gear as an era and start afresh.

Has anybody seen the 'merican top-gear - there's a real danger that it will turn into that :worried:

PhilGT_2008

RMS Regular
People complain too much. Now we get 2 Top Gear(esque) shows! Rumours are that Clarkson Hammond and May are shooting for a Netflix series. That would be awesome, no restrictions at all.

That's what I believe is happening. And perfectly, it will be called House of Cars.

Mel

RMS Regular
Drives
S3
Really good choice IMO as he's a proper car enthusiast with a good sense of humour, I personally loved him when he presented TFI Friday and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush way back, just a pity he's a ginger and not too pleasing on the eye.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
Top Gear should die with Clarkson, Hammond & May. They were Top Gear.

If the BBC want a motoring show with new presenters, they should call the show something else and start all over.

Brennan

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Categorically won't be watching... Or maybe I'll downgrade that to maybe will be watching...

BBC won't be laughing when the 5million strong audience tune into Clarkson's new show instead.

Evans has also said the BBC are holding open auditions to choose his new co-hosts, meaning that they can be your standard joe blogs instead of celebrities.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Categorically won't be watching... Or maybe I'll downgrade that to maybe will be watching...

BBC won't be laughing when the 5million strong audience tune into Clarkson's new show instead.

Evans has also said the BBC are holding open auditions to choose his new co-hosts, meaning that they can be your standard joe blogs instead of celebrities.

But what if they are car enthusiasts and what of they actually make a proper car show...as opposed to the same old **** that Clarkson et al have been doing for far too long?

I'll not be buying Netflix just to watch Clarkson

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Still amazes me that people are still so quick to forget that Top Gear existed quite some time before Clarkson, Hammond and May.....

Evans comes across as a somewhat insufferable arse, but I suppose he is a 'true enthusiast' due to owning a rake of horribly coloured Ferraris.

At the end of the day I probably still will watch unless it turns out as terrible as that channel 5 classic car show.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.