Clio 200 fun car

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Fitted the KTR induction kit this morning, sounds unreal 😂 Then up the coast a rip for lunch, great craic.

20200818_112758.jpg
20200818_160942.jpg

DreamTheater

RMS Regular
Drives
Honda Civic
Love these.
I had a MK3 Clio DCI 106BHP Diesel - most reliable car I owned - bought with 8k miles on it, sold it to my cousin at 148k and it got wrote off in a carpark at 180k miles.

Cookies

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW
Always loved these, as they're supposed to be a real hoot to drive.

Health to enjoy it!!

Cheers

Cooks

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
The pipe top right of your engine bay, was that not removed when fitting the ktec intake?

I read somewhere to keep it as there’s vacuum lines attached to it? Ok to whip it out as well?

warren

RMS Photographer
I know this is a strange question comparing 2 cars of completely different price and nature..... but in terms of smiles and driving enjoyment how does this compare to the C63?

pizza85

RMS Regular
Drives
E92 M3
I read somewhere to keep it as there’s vacuum lines attached to it? Ok to whip it out as well?
I whipped the whole lot out. Haven't had any problems but no idea if I'm right or not. Followed the instructions just haha

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
I know this is a strange question comparing 2 cars of completely different price and nature..... but in terms of smiles and driving enjoyment how does this compare to the C63?

Lol good question actually. For me, the C63 was fun in that it sounded amazing, had unreal pull out of corners and was great to throw around with traction control in sport mode or off for a bit of craic.

The Clio sounds rubbish and isn't fast at all, but the speed it can hold round the twisties is great, and also having to really rev it to get it working is great fun, albeit a wee bit reminiscent of my DC2 days which I wasn't a fan of lol.

I always weigh cars up on a euro road trip basis, ie how would it be on the motorway, how would it handle the mountain passes and how would it cope going round the Ring, and I guess for the C63 and Clio, the C63 is perfect grand tourer up the Autobahns, Clio would be great on the passes and a combination of both would be great for the Ring. For that reason I think the perfect car for me would be a GT3 😂

Didn't really answer that very well, but in short I haven't smiled any less in the Clio. Also great filling it with fuel and it lasting a good while now!

I whipped the whole lot out. Haven't had any problems but no idea if I'm right or not. Followed the instructions just haha

Found some instructions online this morning lol, says to remove everything on the right but leave the solenoid connected. Also says to remove the vacuum line from throttle body and blank it off. I literally fired it in yesterday morning in a hurry with no instructions 😂

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Only thing I noticed was terrible understeer when really pushed, could have been the Goodyear eagle f1 tyres though!

Zach57

RMS Regular
Looks great. I would love a fast clio at some point, I’ve heard they are pretty good with the Megane engine 👀

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
All the bits arrived this afternoon for the track day tomorrow, so been flat out trying not to break stuff!

Stuck some DS2500 pads in there as will be fine for what I need, HEL braided lines front and back and new Brembo HC discs just. Changed the fluid for better stuff also. Then stuck the wheels on, need centre caps but no time and also will change them from white at some point.

Can't wait to get it round the track tomorrow now 😀

20201001_214907.jpg
20201001_160340.jpg
20201001_191010.jpg

Cossers

RMS Regular
Drives
Jeez you don’t hold back! Nice work, I always though the brakes were a bit soft on mine tbh, went off very quickly if pushing on

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Jeez you don’t hold back! Nice work, I always though the brakes were a bit soft on mine tbh, went off very quickly if pushing on

Cheers! Cant say I’ve found the limit of the standard brakes, but haven’t really driven it far or hard enough yet lol. From reading the forums, the above braking mods should be fine for fast road with the odd track day which is realistically all I need.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Looks well, think I made the right choice going with standard vented discs this time round, put Brembo max with the silly groves on when I got the 328 and the discs are crap

Also have ds2500 pads 👌

Although you must've ordered yours from somewhere faster than me 😂 mine only dispatched today so will be next week.

Wee trip to the ring before the end of the month? 🤔🙈

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Looks well, think I made the right choice going with standard vented discs this time round, put Brembo max with the silly groves on when I got the 328 and the discs are crap

Also have ds2500 pads 👌

Although you must've ordered yours from somewhere faster than me 😂 mine only dispatched today so will be next week.

Wee trip to the ring before the end of the month? 🤔🙈

As much as I’d love a Ring trip, not a chance this year. Kirkistown on 11th will have to do!

bob

RMS Regular
Cheers! Cant say I’ve found the limit of the standard brakes, but haven’t really driven it far or hard enough yet lol. From reading the forums, the above braking mods should be fine for fast road with the odd track day which is realistically all I need.

Do they recommend much else? I bought a wee blue 200 there for trackdays / recce car, was just going to go down the discs/pads/fluid/tyres route atm.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Do they recommend much else? I bought a wee blue 200 there for trackdays / recce car, was just going to go down the discs/pads/fluid/tyres route atm.

Not really much more than that brakes and tyre wise tbh, mine were grand today at Mondello. Maybe do the torque mount for the engine as it moves a lot and breaks the flexis.

gav525

RMS Regular
OP
gav525
Drives
Anything
Any videos from today Gavin?

Getting them from the gopro now mate, taking ages! Will have to pick through them and post up only the ones where I don't run wide or get passed by a Civic etc 😂