Drives
Audi S3 (8V)
Fair play that has came up a treat

Really liking that colour also.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
Fair play to you for doing everything yourself. Such a cool looking wee car (y)

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Interior pretty much sorted. It was leapin'

IMG_20200612_132053.jpg

IMG_20200612_151418.jpg

Few bits of trim broken which will be replaced and the radio is waiting a new loom which arrived today.

Also stuck a new aerial in and spent an age getting the wire through to the headunit slot. What a pain in the arse that was.

IMG_20200612_151351.jpg

New hot and cold air feeds also fitted.

IMG_20200612_132415.jpg

And thats pretty much it for now. I've an advance timing light on order so I can do the timing properly, there's a slight blow on the exhaist and need new mats and a few odds and ends but hopefully next update will be it on the road.

IMG_20200612_151659.jpg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Car really looks well (y)

Fischer Cassette box cannot be found, trailed both garages apart :worried: I dont remember selling it either

What trim bits are you missing?

Ah don't worry. Thanks for looking for me though, hope you didn't go to too much trouble!

I've ordered most bits now, but I'm still missing the caps that cover the bolts for the base of the rear seats (x3), lower boot trim on the inside and the plastic peg for the interior door lock on the passenger side. The gear stick surround also looks like it'll need replacing soon but it's there at least.

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
Thats great work so far i'm sure your over the moon with the gloss to the paint work, my last mk2 i stripped everything from the interior including the heater box as i wanted to replace the matrix found this inside
IMG_0697.JPG

ended up like this new seals matrix etc
IMG_0699.JPG

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
IMG_0772_zps8ebb8a52.JPG

wee interior for you, are you talking about a door lock pin, i think i might have 2 new ones in the garage will have a look

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
I have a right few mates over in Derby still, and a few that would be into older cars, I could ask one of them to see if they know of any old VW's from Arlington's that still has the original rear window sticker?
This was a bust, he's really only interested in tuning and trackdays so didn't really get why re-creating an old dealer sticker would be so cool.
Yours looks spot on but I think doing it in the OEM font would be nicer? Maybe talk to @Neil@rockvale as he has a strong VW background?
20200102_094646.jpg

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
Brilliant thanks :grinning:

Left hand drive? What is it?

was a Rallye but it's long gone now 😢 to be honest i was done with it anyway.

Had a rummage in the garage but the only thing so far i can find is a brand new sunroof arm, will keep looking i have another couple of boxes.

Like the way your following up with original dealer stuff , i did it with a mk1 gti i had years ago, had mike wylie make me original font agnew plates for it.

can't believe how good a shape yours is in even the scuttle looks mint

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
This was a bust, he's really only interested in tuning and trackdays so didn't really get why re-creating an old dealer sticker would be so cool.
Yours looks spot on but I think doing it in the OEM font would be nicer? Maybe talk to @Neil@rockvale as he has a strong VW background?View attachment 283094

Haha yeah mate of mine didn't get it either. Thought it was mad I wasn't slamming it on £2k BBS rims.

Re the font I'm not sure if there was any consistency at all on what way dealers stickers were made up? Can only go from a few examples I found online from the time. All over the place...

Screenshot_20200613_061125.jpg
Screenshot_20200613_061038.jpg

Screenshot_20200613_061728.jpg

So I figured maybe they used the same font as the keyring if they had dealer stickers at all. Was the best I could come up with lol

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Yeah, probably the best idea for now TBH. I'll ask my mate Rich (tat threads hero) as he will 'get it' and he still lives in the Derby area.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Ah don't worry. Thanks for looking for me though, hope you didn't go to too much trouble!

I've ordered most bits now, but I'm still missing the caps that cover the bolts for the base of the rear seats (x3), lower boot trim on the inside and the plastic peg for the interior door lock on the passenger side. The gear stick surround also looks like it'll need replacing soon but it's there at least.

I'll have a plunder, I've boxes of trim bits lying...still raging about the cassette box as I'm not one for throwing stuff out.

Defo dont have the inner boot trim, assume the one the runs along the boot lip? they are very rare to get one that ain't bust to pieces as they are pretty flimsy, I do have a rear boot panel itself that clips on inside of the bootlid

Funny those dealer back window stickers, I've a spare tailgate and it had that dovercourt dealer sticker as I remember thinking it was quite jazzy looking for 90s sticker.

@jimc did the Rallye stay local or go across the water?

jimc

RMS Regular
Drives
caddy
@Gambit across the water mate the only way i was ever going to sell it as i never wanted to see it again :p , i put so much into it and it never really returned the enjoyment if that makes any sense.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
this is such a cool project. Bravo to you too mate.

I've said it before but i'd love to be half as spanner happy as most of you lot on here.

Gambit

RMS Regular
@Coog what clocks are in your car? Found a set of vdo 120mph clocks you can have as zero use to me.

door pin, set of small bumper front moulded mudflaps, harness adapter, gearknob, gear surround. No rubber bit for gear stick though or rear bench mounting bolt covers

If any use? Its just clutter to me!
20200613_141034.jpg

Dovercourt!
20200613_141522.jpg

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
My mate has full gti interior for sale if you had an interest in it.

I'm good with the interior in it but might know someone interested. Could you PM me details please?
@Coog what clocks are in your car? Found a set of vdo 120mph clocks you can have as zero use to me.

door pin, set of small bumper front moulded mudflaps, harness adapter, gearknob, gear surround. No rubber bit for gear stick though or rear bench mounting bolt covers

If any use? Its just clutter to me!
View attachment 283151
Dovercourt!
View attachment 283152

That's great, it's just the surround and pin I need. I've the same clocks too.

I'll drop you a PM sure.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
this is such a cool project. Bravo to you too mate.

I've said it before but i'd love to be half as spanner happy as most of you lot on here.

Kept meaning to say Ross your tyre slick and hybrid QD are both excellent products. I know everyone was going on about them on here and I took the praise with a pinch of salt, but they are genuinely very very good. I'm a total convert!