Coogs multifaceted fleet

Lappintyre

RMS Regular
Drives
Model Y / M3
TT continues to test my patience. Rear diff is making a bit of a whine so decided to swap it out. I guess one good thing is the price of parts because there’s so many being broken at the minute. Ended up with a full AWD drivetrain for a few quid.

Full subframe assy with the diff in it. Safety first… of course.

View attachment 419554

Stripped the diff out

View attachment 419555

View attachment 419556

Thought I’d service it while it was on the bench. New gear oil, haldex oil and filter.

Old oil in it was in great shape so fingers crossed the diff is OK.

View attachment 419557

So much easier.

View attachment 419558

Now time to remove the old one.

View attachment 419559

Should get the old one out and new one in tomorrow all being well and hopefully that’s it!

Think Wheeler Dealers GIF by Discovery Europe

Ceebl

RMS Regular
Drives
330d/C2 Loeb
I have a real soft spot for a tornado red gti, longest I’ve ever kept a car by a long way.

Looking forward to seeing more updates on it

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
The GTI is great. Everyone that drives it absolutely loves it. Not quite as user friendly as perhaps it once was but just brilliant on a B road. It passed its MOT a few weeks back so as a treat has been booked in to get the wingbacks restored.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
I’ll be honest a trip out in the van to the scrappers for car parts, yarn with a fellow petrol head, stripping and rebuilding and having a fixed car at the end is not a bad couple of days off ‘work’ to me.
That lift must make these jobs a delight

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Fair puts the afternoon in. Going to just go ahead and tidy the arches while I'm at it too. They've gone to s**e in 2 years.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Thought the other side was dead on. Pulled the bumper so I could paint and found more rot. Lots of it. Class craic.

IMG_7225.jpeg

IMG_7223.jpeg

This sits near the exhaust so combo of heat, muck and moisture has turned it into a right mess.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
All done. What a job that turned out to be. It’s good enough so that’ll have to do lol

Before

IMG_7171.jpeg

After

IMG_7281.jpeg

IMG_7268.jpeg

The drivers side took a full day of welding. Rust extended right round the back. All done anyway and hopefully keep me going a while longer.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
TBH it's time we'll spent in my book, if the van is basically solid it's worth a bit of effort to make it last you for a few years or even to make it more saleable if you want to move it on.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
I was toying with changing it this year. It was only bought to clear out a couple of houses and never meant to have it longer than a few months but here we are 2 years later. Had a look online and kicked a few tyres and to be honest there is a lot of absolute crap out there so decided it’s just best to stick with what I know.

Coog

Admin
OP
Coog
Drives
GTI
Well that's the old van done for a while again. Needs to get back to work and despite never having owned a van I couldn't be without it now. Have lots of bulky parts runs to do over the next few weeks for the other projects which would be impossible with anything else.

IMG_7401.jpeg

IMG_7405.jpeg

IMG_7404.jpeg

Managed to break the rear part of the exhaust when welding. Replacement section was quite expensive, so I went ahead and did the right thing and side piped it :joy:

IMG_7408.jpeg