Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
If I calculated correctly, Egypt is the worst based on population size, but unfortunately they don't have dash cams :worried:

Your probably right. Though I can't imagine there is a huge volume of traffic on Kenyas roads.

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
Your probably right. Though I can't imagine there is a huge volume of traffic on Kenyas roads.

You'd be surprised at Kenyas traffic. When I was there people were driving on the footpaths and there were minibuses with 25 people in them speeding through the towns lol

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
Egypt is probably because every time there is one crash 60 of them die. I've never seen anything like it.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419787097.297547.jpg

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
I've wired up the black vue dr650gw, I've the front and back cameras fitted, all the wires hidden and its own separate power supply with on off switch ( for driving tests ) now the question is what do I do now? I've the app downloaded on the iPhone it won't connect via wifi, the cameras are getting power and doing what they should be doing but I don't no what to do at the minute

Do I take it a drive and then it starts working?

The car sat in the driveway recording with the engine running but I can't see a live stream?

Any help will be appreciated lol

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Nope nothing has came up looking a password , will I delete and reinstall the app?

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
It can.

@Darragh - do you get these screens?

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419795930.846053.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419795944.748631.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419795959.172310.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419795971.828998.jpg

Password is definitely Blackvue - I went out and deleted it and tried it again just to check connectivity.

You have to put the password into the wifi bit in iPhone settings, not just wait for the app to do it

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Got it working lol and yes you can watch it live although not much point watching live if your driving at the same time haha that be some Craic explaining that in court ;)

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
@Big Pimp yep that's what I done and it worked, thanks for your help mate, another question how do you change things from one minute loop to constant recording and how do you change Km to mph ? It's to cold to sit in the dark and play lol

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
You don't want constant recording, 3 or 5 min sections is best. It's fairly easy to join sections of video if you need. If you have constant recording the whole memory card will be wiped each time it gets to the end and starts again. If you're recording two streams in HD then you'll only have a very limited amount of recording space anyway.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
Just do it through the settings mate. I have it recording in 5 min segments I'm pretty sure, and just when I'm driving

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
I think it's in 1 minute clips at the minute it's just incase it ends up recording all day and misses anything lol sorry to be a pain but how do you save a clip of you see something happening? Do you push the we button on the side?

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
I think it's in 1 minute clips at the minute it's just incase it ends up recording all day and misses anything lol sorry to be a pain but how do you save a clip of you see something happening? Do you push the we button on the side?

You can be sneaky and just lightly tap the camera, it'll record it as an event without fumbling about for buttons etc (y)

Most people just keep an idea of what time it happened at and then the videos / clips saved are timestamped (unless you've a small capacity card or are driving for long periods). Creating it like an event as i mentioned above means that it will be hard saved and won't be written over, which isn't always what you want.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If you cant easily secure a file with a tap or button, just keep a notepad handy. As a driving instructor, I'd presume you have something like that anyway for notes. Then just write down the time of any incident, and then you could go back over and check or save later.

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
I wrote everything down anyways just incase it ever came back to me lol I've had a lot of people shout " I'm reporting you to the police " and my reply is " go for it, your in the wrong " so if the police ever phoned me I'd have the persons details wrote down time and date and exactly what happened,

So far I've never had that phone call but I have phoned the police on a few occations about crazy people lol

Now I'll have video proof of the persons crazy driving and hopefully there words of wisdom they insist on shouting at me lol

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
Had a very very scary moment today going from newtownards to bangor doing 70mph and a bin lorry pulls in on the left filter lane then just swings right and goes across both lanes to go up the other side off the road had to lock my brakes up etc and if I was going any faster I would say I would off ended in the side or under the lorry

Am just uploading it to the computer so will post video later

Turbokid89

RMS Regular
Drives
E34,e36M3,skoda
I like the way you say twice you were doin 70. lol As if you were trying to hide something.

Lol no I was doing 70 soon there was traffic and my mum was in the car as i do go faster on there but only when there's no one on it