Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

endofreak

RMS Regular
Drives
Triumph Speed Tr
Have you seen the road sign for Moira roundabout @Darragh? According to that the Moira exit is a right turn.

I've said a few times now, I do agree that it's more sensible to use the left lane on this particular roundabout due to the long straight section but you can't argue with road signs @stevieturbo

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-12-14-10-58-38.png
    Screenshot_2014-12-14-10-58-38.png
    813.6 KB · Views: 118

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
Yes but the Moira roundabout can be done in the left lane no probs, were I got things wrong was I though Stevie went all the way around past the fit for Moira heading west bound for the motorway lol

Poleglass roundabout is another example coming up the Stewertstown road past twin brook heading to andersonstown direction you go around the outside of the roundabout even though the sign shows its a right lane approach, the reason for this is if you go around the right lane as you should it takes you further round for Dunmurry lane

Look at the picture you come up Stewertstown road and to get to upper Dunmurry lane you stay in the right lane ( inside on roundabout ) to go the exit before which would be the third exit you stay in the left lane, it's just badly signposted and goes against the 12 o clock rule but it's known as local knowledge

Now if you went all the way around the outside lane to upper Dunmurry then your at fault as the left lane is for the third exit

Hope this makes sense lol
image.jpg

Last edited:

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
but you can't argue with road signs @stevieturbo

I'll follow road markings and correct road use long before a green sign which has no legal standing/enforcement whatsoever and are purely to offer a direction/map layout so people know what road to take to get to their destination.
Even more so when the green sign is completely irrelevant to actual entry/exit points of any junction and has no noting of what road markings are used, lanes etc

If you wanted to obey a green sign and ignore lanes or road markings, places like Sandyknowes would be even worse.

Almost the only signs that have legal standing you must obey are round/red signs, like speed, no entry etc Pretty much everything else is just to give guidance to help the road user.
Blue signs are sort of grey area...some will tell you of say a bus lane, or one way street, not so sure if the sign itself is legally enforceable though as a stop sign, or no entry would be ( and also speed signs )

https://www.learnerdriving.com/learn-to-drive/highway-code/road-signs

KyleR

RMS Regular
Drives
MYSR
I'll follow road markings and correct road use long before a green sign which has no legal standing/enforcement whatsoever and are purely to offer a direction/map layout so people know what road to take to get to their destination.
Even more so when the green sign is completely irrelevant to actual entry/exit points of any junction and has no noting of what road markings are used, lanes etc

If you wanted to obey a green sign and ignore lanes or road markings, places like Sandyknowes would be even worse.

Almost the only signs that have legal standing you must obey are round/red signs, like speed, no entry etc Pretty much everything else is just to give guidance to help the road user.
Blue signs are sort of grey area...some will tell you of say a bus lane, or one way street, not so sure if the sign itself is legally enforceable though as a stop sign, or no entry would be ( and also speed signs )

https://www.learnerdriving.com/learn-to-drive/highway-code/road-signs

The only difference between a red and blue sign, other than the colour, is that one is a an order and the other is an instruction, both are enforceable.

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
This is possibly the most armchair warrior old grumpy man thread I've ever read in my life.

Ok fair enough have a dash cam incase you are involved in an accident. Posting videos of people doing things slightly wrong on the road? Sad. How anyone can be bothered to take time to upload these 'incidents' is beyond me.

Before anyone gurns I drive all over the country for work. I see loads of crap driving. Does it warrant a video? No. I just swear at them and get on with my life.

I R HillBilly

RMS Regular
Drives
Datsun
This is possibly the most armchair warrior old grumpy man thread I've ever read in my life.

Ok fair enough have a dash cam incase you are involved in a FORD accident. Posting videos of people doing things slightly wrong FORD things on the road? Fords are Sad. How anyone can be bothered to take time to upload these ' FORD incidents' is beyond me.

Before anyone gurns I drive a FORD all over the country for work. I see loads of crap FORDS. Does it warrant a video? No. I just swear at them and get on with my FORD life.

(y)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford

Ok fair enough have a dash cam incase you are involved in an accident. Posting videos of people doing things slightly wrong on the road? Sad. How anyone can be bothered to take time to upload these 'incidents' is beyond me.

Before anyone gurns I drive all over the country for work. I see loads of crap driving. Does it warrant a video? No. I just swear at them and get on with my life.

It's more amusing than people posting photos of them polishing cars ? And fits better in a Dashcam thread too.

And "slightly wrong".....jeeesus.

localboy

RMS Regular
Drives
bora

Just swear at this thread and get on with your life (y)

Darragh

RMS Regular
Drives
Supra TT6
I have nothing constructive to say here other than the poleglass roundabout can get terribly greasy in the winter months and it has been known for irresponsible young people to do two full circuits of the roundabout while exclusively looking through the side windows of a rear wheel drive car. Allegedly.

I wouldn't no what you mean lol :p

Storm

Banned

It's worse when the halfwits posting the videos are driving as badly as the people they're filming then duck the questions about it...

JayT

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi A3eeeeeee
Yeah I wonder how many dashcams were sent in by a driver who was so sure he was in the right for the insurance company to tell him that just proved in their favour lol.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Does nobody wear a seatbelt in Russia? Jeez half them ended up thrown from the cars lol.

It seems that way, but also surprisingly...in many of those videos anyway, they remain unhurt. The first video was actually entitled about the lack of seatbelts.

You'd wonder if they might have ended up worse if stuck in the car.

RolyaT

RMS Regular
Drives
people mad
Those videos above are scary, there must be a serious amount of road deaths in Russia every year!