Dashcams and Dashcam Footage

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
my £8 is like all yellow and bright at night like a yellow motorbike visor, really vivid like night vision on the cheap, only issue is lt looks like a constant flicker on the screen like frame rating, but i haven't took of a night video to see if it's the same. but for the money, it's hardly worth complaining.

Have a look in the settings for frequency. You'll most likely have a choice of 60 or 50. Change the one it's on, should help with this.

Basically every electronic device flickers be it TVs, video cameras or street lights. If recording you need to match the recording devices frequently to that of what's being recorded otherwise they'll appear to flicker. Can't guarantee that it will solve the issue but it should help.

NotKG

Banned
there's only 60 and 30, i done it earlier and not long home, it's certainly reduced it to a much slower flicker, and it's still yellowish,
i'm going to pick up a high speed sandisc card from tesco, i'v prob a fake in it i ordered at the same time and i don't think it's helping.
still i don't drive a lot at night, yet it's dam good in daytime. very good. almost as good as my ghost s on the bike.

cheers Paddy_R .;).. havent seen you in work in a while, things must be easy for the 2 of us , wink wink. (y)

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
What a stupid ****ing *******. He didnt even look although suppose the expectation is for traffic to be coming from his left..

Although it does also highlight the dangers of bikes passing stationary cars like that at speed when there are entrances/exits etc Even if so called "filtering" is legal.

NotKG

Banned
welt head, it reminds me of the bit of road past police HQ, heading to castlereagh. there is one lane, but when it's home time they make it 2 lanes, then indots swing in and out changing lanes if anyone turns in. seen a few close wabbz on bikes riding like they stole it, then smoke when they swiftly change lanes then realise there's a car parked, or someone slows and flashes someone out.

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Whilst you could see it clear as day.....how the hell is that open for anyone to get access to without some sort of barriers in place !

Any vids of the aftermath ? lol

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
If he'd had metro plates, cops would have nabbed him before he got a chance to crash.

Bit of a random one though

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
A reminder why it is pretty dumb to stop on a motorway....in the middle, and then get out of your car.

adam1942

RMS Regular
Drives
2015 F56
Might wanna tag that with NSFW there Stevie dare say that poor lad didn't make it or if he did is paralysed.. as for the one that got hit by the black car hes gonna be pretty ****ered too :worried:

Terry

RMS Regular
Drives
Carefully
giphy.gif

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
The above video, how could anyone be so stupid?

Motorways here are a bit quieter than some big ones like in the video. But many times I've seen people do exactly the same thing here, especially on the 2 heading into Belfast in the morning if there is a bump. It's only a miracle some of them didnt get killed. People who do stupid things like that should have their license removed as not only are they endangering themselves, but many other road users

stevieturbo

RMS Regular
Drives
Old Ford
Another good local one from FB. All local police and roads policing have been tagged in it, and they were called about it. So it will be interesting to hear their response ( even if the response to the person who called is beyond belief )