Daytona Grey RS3

Bronk

RMS Regular
OP
Bronk
Trying to work out who to use to map the car for when i decide to bite the bullet - every remap company you hear good reviews & bad :-#

Currently its ARP VS REVO VS TORQUE TRONICS VS AUTO TUNE VS TDR PERFORMANCE VS CELTIC TUNING

confused rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Reactions: Ged

Bronk

RMS Regular
OP
Bronk
Revo then APR. Don’t think I’d bother with the others unless it was a 2.0TDi.

Everyone i speak to have gave me all different recommendations for all of the above 😖

APR is supplied by autotune

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Autotune APR have done several RS3's right up to Stage 3 and have the advantage of a rolling road and some form of local support

AFAIK @KeithRobinson RS3 is Revo?? And you know my opinion on Revo

Conclusion: Revo

Reactions: Ged

Ged

RMS Regular
Drives
sexmo VTS
Trying to work out who to use to map the car for when i decide to bite the bullet - every remap company you hear good reviews & bad :-#

Currently its ARP VS REVO VS TORQUE TRONICS VS AUTO TUNE VS TDR PERFORMANCE VS CELTIC TUNING

confused rooster teeth GIF by Achievement Hunter

Well if cummins calterm will work for that german engine ill give it a go... how much reek would you like hi surrr??

Bronk

RMS Regular
OP
Bronk
Well if cummins calterm will work for that german engine ill give it a go... how much reek would you like hi surrr??
Enough to cover the back window please 🤣
Autotune APR have done several RS3's right up to Stage 3 and have the advantage of a rolling road and some form of local support

AFAIK @KeithRobinson RS3 is Revo?? And you know my opinion on Revo

Conclusion: Revo

Speaking to autotune today about apr, told me to hold off as they think APR are lowering prices soon and usually have a black friday sale.. be interesting if true 😎

slapshot_99

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Focus
Did Autotune mention anything about the APR stages currently available? Is it still possible to get stage 2? APR were supposed to have pulled the plug on all but stage 1 earlier in the year and their site nolonger lists the stage 2 or 2+ for the pfl model.

Another option is MRC Scotland, and they can also do the DSG map at the same time. Would be a good excuse for a weekend in Scotland once the madness calms down a bit !!

Bronk

RMS Regular
OP
Bronk
Did Autotune mention anything about the APR stages currently available? Is it still possible to get stage 2? APR were supposed to have pulled the plug on all but stage 1 earlier in the year and their site nolonger lists the stage 2 or 2+ for the pfl model.

Another option is MRC Scotland, and they can also do the DSG map at the same time. Would be a good excuse for a weekend in Scotland once the madness calms down a bit !!
Told me stage 2 has been pulled few weeks ago due.

MRC is near £900 then take into consideration travelling costs and time.. its really hard to justify 😖

slapshot_99

RMS Regular
Drives
RS Focus
Yeh, it all adds up.

The other way to look at it is based on how long you plan to keep the car v's overall cost of tune in that context.....or is that just the man maths kicking in 🤣🤣

Most of the guys on ASN or RSOC seem happy with either APR or Revo and at least there's some local agents should there be a problem as already mentioned.

With TVS offering their DSG flash via an at home flash tool, we now have that option available in NI (think they may offer ECU maps also but their gearbox software is where they really stand out).

Bronk

RMS Regular
OP
Bronk
With TVS offering their DSG flash via an at home flash tool, we now have that option available in NI (think they may offer ECU maps also but their gearbox software is where they really stand out).
Who is TVS? Apologies im a noob with all the VAG talk lol
must look into them, but i reckon its going to be a toss up between ARP and REVO

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
Just another tuning company who a lot of owners like their TCU (gearbox) software

I test drove a MRC Stage 2 8P RS3 and it was an absolute rocket

The likes of Revo and APR can offer all stages of ECU/TCU that work in tandem with each other

Bronk

RMS Regular
OP
Bronk
Couple of pet hates with the car

1) The washer jets fire 2 lines of water instead of a spray

2) The interior lighting is typical yellowish oem lighting.

Seen a guy advertising audi heated spray washer jets on the RSOC facebook page 🤩

Screenshot_20201114-082251_Facebook.jpg

Problem number 1 sorted ✅

Ordered white interior lighting from ebay 😎
Screenshot_20201114-082139_eBay.jpg

Problem number 2 sorted ✅

Was out briefly this morning in the car a spin and stopped to get some fuel and seen a great photo opportunity and thought it would be rude not to 📸

20201114_110310.jpg

Boydie

RMS Regular
Drives
S3 Revo
I know we briefly talked about the washer jets but what do they plug into electrically? Do they need wired up?

Unless mine are heated already but I am not sure

Bronk

RMS Regular
OP
Bronk
I know we briefly talked about the washer jets but what do they plug into electrically? Do they need wired up?

Unless mine are heated already but I am not sure

Seem to be straight swop.. ill send you the installation video.