DDE & Nico meet at the Cultra Inn 11th june

Dave..

RMS Regular
I was a pita when I was 17, as were my mates. We rode our very loud motorcycles and annoyed everyone living nearby.
We thought we were awesome.
Now I am in my 60`s I hate annoying loud small bikes.

If you like DDE then go and enjoy yourself and if you don`t do something else. Easy

Graham2

RMS Regular
Drives
RS4
Vicious cycle, nobody is going to watch a YouTube video pouring over the intricacies of running it as a business.

Besides that, there's a whole lot of different channels around that do make and fix things, showing a condensed way of how it's done.

I've watched a few of their videos and some of them they actually go in to quite a bit of detail, especially the ones with Gintani or Mike Essa doing the talking.

The thread is embarrassing.

KevM

RMS Regular
1718372796006.png

Yeah, if you find anyone really annoying on RMS, you can set them to ignored.

:eyes::p

Chris100

RMS Regular
@ScottIGLaw Not to get into a slagging match but @Chris100 is allowed his opinion, you can ignore him if it annoys you, this is a forum after all.

I think this pretty much started from my initial comment on this thread, which I completely agree could have been worded differently and I was rightly called out on that.

Now I don't follow DDE and co on YouTube, but I do follow a number of other car related channels and as everyone is fully aware the algorithm recommends endless amount of similar videos. Some I watch, some I don't.

One such recommendation I did receive (as Porsche content factors in a lot of the channels I follow) was the below, I thought I would give it a try as it was Porsche related and I thought I recognised the YouTuber based on some other videos.

Now IMO I didn't think the Porsche Dealership did anything wrong here, or was in anyway rude etc. But I thought the reaction was pretty out of order, now similar to myself perhaps this was out of character for the YouTuber, but it didn't leave me with a particularly positive perception of them.

I'll leave my negative and smartarsey comments there.

From 14 mins to about 16:30.

GrantR

RMS Regular
I think this pretty much started from my initial comment on this thread, which I completely agree could have been worded differently and I was rightly called out on that.

Now I don't follow DDE and co on YouTube, but I do follow a number of other car related channels and as everyone is fully aware the algorithm recommends endless amount of similar videos. Some I watch, some I don't.

One such recommendation I did receive (as Porsche content factors in a lot of the channels I follow) was the below, I thought I would give it a try as it was Porsche related and I thought I recognised the YouTuber based on some other videos.

Now IMO I didn't think the Porsche Dealership did anything wrong here, or was in anyway rude etc. But I thought the reaction was pretty out of order, now similar to myself perhaps this was out of character for the YouTuber, but it didn't leave me with a particularly positive perception of them.

Jagged Little Pill GIF by Alanis Morissette

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
We are getting deep into it now, but.

No I mean fair play to them to an extent for their success and getting people into cars and that, but wee lads are unlikely to realise these fellas and the teams they have working for them are actually working really hard to create their brand and ultimately cash in on it (nothing wrong with that), and that real life isn't as rosey as YouTubers (all influencers) makes it out to be and if you think it is, its only going to be a disappointment. People like @carmad. showing his son how to make and fix things rather than throw money at them is a far better influence in my eyes, getting people into cars but also giving them life skills rather than how to spend money and shout non-stop.

And well filming your mates pissing up against a wall and posting it online when you know children will be watching it isn't a great example to set I don't think, and its just this whole hype they create over everything its part of the YouTuber business but it's just not a healthy example in my eyes, but if they didn't none of them would watch it so is what it is to an extent.

As for meet and greet vs a car meet or the like, they would end up the same thing cause kids are going to want selfies etc but I think it would be much cooler if they got on like they were one of the community rather than a figure on a pedestal to aspire to be, call it being humble or grounded I suppose.

Seems being humble in influencer world these days is recording yourself giving someone a free car whilst you smile at the camera or repeetadly saying stay humble as you record your self spending money in someway.

Its an argument over influnencers as a whole really rather than just these guys.

thanks it means a lot to both off us

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
I was a pita when I was 17, as were my mates. We rode our very loud motorcycles and annoyed everyone living nearby.
We thought we were awesome.
Now I am in my 60`s I hate annoying loud small bikes.

If you like DDE then go and enjoy yourself and if you don`t do something else. Easy
they had motorbikes when you were 17 @Dave.. ?

I thought you and the rowdies would have been terrorising the place on horseback :laughing:

Ghisallo

RMS Regular

When they asked did he have permission from head office to film there he really should have said yes he did, from Jan Molby :laughing:

@NicoLeonard 's favourite toy when he was a kid:

Screenshot_20240614_183347_Samsung Internet.jpg

I still have my one!

20240614_223109.jpg

Last edited:

Daniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
The whole thing is bloody hilarious😂

I think it's fair to have a strong negative opinion on someone without knowing them. I didn't know Hitler personally but I know for sure he was a c***! Or am I not allowed to say that because our kids didnt go to school together?😂

These days you're not allowed to have an opinion one someone or something unless it's positive and that's not realistic. We can disagree and still live side by side. Some folks on here may not have a good opinion of me, but why should I feel the need to change their mind? If that's you're opinion that's fine, as long as it doesn't lead to some kind of physical attack, think what you want🤷🏻‍♂️

Chris100

RMS Regular
@Chris100 25mins in you get a mention about your post

I notice that he fails to mention that he has done the exact same thing on a video I linked to.

I’m bored now, trying very hard to defend himself. When it’s very easy to find content voluntarily posted by him in which i can’t see how anyone right minded could find justification in.