Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Q.S Gav

RMS Regular
This is likely to be my first and last dabble with leasing as I would like to own my next car again.

I see leasing seems to be very popular these days. It's something I've never really thought about doing.

If you don't mind me asking, is there any specific reasons why this will be your first and possibly last time?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I see leasing seems to be very popular these days. It's something I've never really thought about doing.

If you don't mind me asking, is there any specific reasons why this will be your first and possibly last time?

The concept of leasing is great, VED included, brand new car, warranty, no MOT to worry about etc. Just make a deposit payment and 23 monthly payments then hand it back and go again. You're just renting the car and any deposit and payments made are paying the depreciation, not any capital.
It works for me financially but I'd rather pay a bit more each month and own my next car after a couple of years. I just like the idea of it being mine as I like to look after my cars and futter a bit. As I don't own the car I can't do anything to it. This is good in a way in that it saves me money (in theory) but takes some of the enjoyment away. It's just a personal preference thing. Whether I own or lease I'm likely loosing the same amount of money over 2 years but I would like to build up some equity again if things were to go wrong financially, I'd at least own my car.

Gman

RMS Regular
Drives
Octavia and E39
I have just bought a 2 year old ex lease one for the wife. Pick it up tomorrow, hopefully no issues with it but you don't know how it's been driven. Time will tell!

Turns out the wife's R had seen some paint which I only noticed when giving it a wash in bright sunlight. Luckily the dealer was very good about it and offered a full refund. So just be careful.
Just in time to catch an ok lease deal on a new GTi. So an indium grey one is ordered!
Maybe another R in two years time...

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Took advantage of the nice weather today and gave the car a decent clean. Tried Ultra Gloss for the first time too (y)
Need to give the exhaust tips a good clean but I was too hungry and choking for a well earned beer so will do them next time. Gave the inside a good hoover and cleaned all the surfaces with Gtechniq APC. Long overdue :blush:
Couple of pics, DBP is a cracking colour when clean

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

IMG_0172.JPG

IMG_0174.JPG

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I'd already cleaned a wee Suzuki Alto inside and out as it'll be up for sale when I get my hole in gear and do the ad. Was about to put all the kit away and thought why not give the Golf a quick wash - 3 hours later I wish I'd never started! The results are very rewarding though.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Looks great D, although them exhaust tips will transform the look, get them cleaned up

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Looks great D, although them exhaust tips will transform the look, get them cleaned up

They haven't been done since I got it :blush: Must order one of those drill attachments to make life a bit easier.

The black really does look great (y).

Love the black in them, not many about (except for the 5 door that uses the same car park as me) too which is nice. Balls to look after though.

The scratches on top of the rear bumper are doing my head in. Need to get some touch up paint and a very fine brush and have a bash at taking the bad look off them

IMG_0178.JPG

I know it's a lease but there's a chance I could be charged for a bumper respray by the lease company so worth having a go at making it less noticeable.

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Took advantage of the nice weather today and gave the car a decent clean. Tried Ultra Gloss for the first time too (y)
Need to give the exhaust tips a good clean but I was too hungry and choking for a well earned beer so will do them next time. Gave the inside a good hoover and cleaned all the surfaces with Gtechniq APC. Long overdue :blush:
Couple of pics, DBP is a cracking colour when clean

View attachment 142398

View attachment 142399

View attachment 142400

View attachment 142401

View attachment 142402

It's hard to beat a clean (I know it only lasts 5 minutes) black car.

I understand the reasons not going for the 19in prets but id love to see them on this with a touch of lowering and spacing.

Regardless, looks great.

richie_mck

RMS Regular
They haven't been done since I got it :blush: Must order one of those drill attachments to make life a bit easier.

Love the black in them, not many about (except for the 5 door that uses the same car park as me) too which is nice. Balls to look after though.

The scratches on top of the rear bumper are doing my head in. Need to get some touch up paint and a very fine brush and have a bash at taking the bad look off them

View attachment 142497

I know it's a lease but there's a chance I could be charged for a bumper respray by the lease company so worth having a go at making it less noticeable.

I wouldn't be painting that dude, i'd be getting some black turtle wax and covering it in. If i owned the car it would do my head in but on a lease i would be less fussy; they have to expect some wear and tear.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I wouldn't be painting that dude, i'd be getting some black turtle wax and covering it in. If i owned the car it would do my head in but on a lease i would be less fussy; they have to expect some wear and tear.

Plan is to just touch it in not paint it - just to take the bad look of it. Still half hoping the lease company have a change of heart and let me buy it at the end of the term.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
What about some black 'protective' vinyl? Or will it not stick with the ceramic coating?

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
If we're me I'd just slap on the black one the day it goes back. Job done!

I do understand the need to have it right though. I'm a bit OCD about these things myself.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE

Bought one of these yokes for the drill, will try it with some Belgom Alu metal polish and see how I get on

Screen Shot 2017-04-12 at 13.41.05.png

Also bought some extra fine artist's brushes and some touch up paint for the rear bumper - I'll tackle this over the Easter break as I'm off for the week.
Treated myself to a 15m heavy duty hose for my Nilfisk too.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Bought one of these yokes for the drill, will try it with some Belgom Alu metal polish and see how I get on

View attachment 142751

Treated myself to a 15m heavy duty hose for my Nilfisk too.

I bought the exact same bit for my exhausts too (mainly the one of the Scooby but I'm sure it will be used on the Golf R as well). I also got a 15m extension for my Nilfisk power washer too, great job indeed.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Got a service message flashing up on the dash so booked into Agnes Belfast in 3 weeks. Only covered 5500 miles in less than 12 months so the supplying dealers must set lease cars to 12 months for the first service. Just an oil change so hopefully won't be too hard on the wallet.

Chris100

RMS Regular
Drives
718 T
That's a lot better than Audi, my S3 was a year old in march and the oil service was £206.