Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I found a massive random chip in 1 of our B pillars the other night. Luckily they can be stripped and replaced easily enough. Something else to add to the to do list :worried:.

Don't even know why I'm annoying myself about it as it's a lease!

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I'm convinced that no matter what coating you apply or how safe your washing skills are its impossible not to get some amount of wash marks. I'm willing to be proved wrong though

I think it's happening during the drying process as I use 2 buckets and a CarPro merino wool mit to wash and I've another bucket for wheel duties.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Would a hairdryer do the trick Pete?
I've read that EXO gets "clogged up" and needs reactivating to give it it's gloss and hydrophobic properties back. How do I do this?
I'd imagine there will be a few curtains twitching down your road with you going round your car with your wife's hair dryer:monkey:

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Bit of a dull update -
Had the car 11 months and the service indicator said it was due a service. Dropped off at Agnews Boucher this morning for an oil service and a software update to the infotainment system - is an issue where there was no sound sometimes when I started the car and some weird audio issues when making phone calls.
Excellent service from Agnews, even had a sign to hang from the rear view mirror with "do not wash" on it. Got sent a video of the car up on the ramp too.

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
The radio in ours spends more time not working than it does working, must get it in for an update.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Would a hairdryer do the trick Pete?
I've read that EXO gets "clogged up" and needs reactivating to give it it's gloss and hydrophobic properties back. How do I do this?

I'm only seeing this now chum. You need to use fall out remover and citrus pre cleaner. The coatings ideally want washed every week or every other week. Did you try the heatgun trick? Hairdryer would do yes

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I'm only seeing this now chum. You need to use fall out remover and citrus pre cleaner. The coatings ideally want washed every week or every other week. Did you try the heatgun trick? Hairdryer would do yes

Haven't tried the heatgun trick yet. I'll give it a going over with fall out remover (was waiting on @Big Pimp releasing his) and I have some Gtechniq citrus cleaner I can use. Needs a wash as it's covered in that sand that seems to be everywhere at the minute. Need some fallout remover for a few stubborn bits on the front wheels too.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Bit of a dull update -
Had the car 11 months and the service indicator said it was due a service. Dropped off at Agnews Boucher this morning for an oil service and a software update to the infotainment system - is an issue where there was no sound sometimes when I started the car and some weird audio issues when making phone calls.
Excellent service from Agnews, even had a sign to hang from the rear view mirror with "do not wash" on it. Got sent a video of the car up on the ramp too.
Yip Agnews customer service is second to none. I live no more than a mile from a VW dealer but choose to travel 30 miles to Agnews every time(y)

BBSBOY

RMS Regular
Yip Agnews customer service is second to none. I live no more than a mile from a VW dealer but choose to travel 30 miles to Agnews every time(y)

Id say completely the opposite, they have continually lied about work being carried out. I wouldn't go anywhere bar Phillips in Lisburn now. Id nearly go as far as saying I won't own an Audi cause Agnews is the only place it can go for warranty work. They just don't take care of customers cars.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Id say completely the opposite, they have continually lied about work being carried out. I wouldn't go anywhere bar Phillips in Lisburn now. Id nearly go as far as saying I won't own an Audi cause Agnews is the only place it can go for warranty work. They just don't take care of customers cars.
Very interesting.
I've been to Philips a couple times for a look about, very nice people

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Yup, used Phillips most recently, but I've only good experiences with Agnews myself.

MarkM

RMS Regular

I have the same feelings about Agnews Audi, completely spoiled my ownership and poisened me against the brand tbh I was treated like ****

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
I only use Phillips to. Agnews are closer but still use Phillips. Not had to take the R in yet though the scirocco got all its work done there.

@big_pete thanks for the tip on the crystal serum with the hair dryer.