Deep Black Pearl Golf R

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I managed to get some time this afternoon to try to “reactivate” the coating on the Golf.
I followed the process @big_pete helpfully posted which was -

Articulate, Ultrafoam then rinse, second foam with citrus through the snow foam lance then wash directly using the citrus foam and mitt.
Rinse and dry off the car. Soak from top to toe in Purge allow to dwell then a thorough rinse, one last foam with citrus and rinse again. Dry off and wipe down with C2.

I ran out of time for the drying and C2 as the dinner was on the table.
Hopefully touchless washes will give better results now that the coating has been unclogged.

Couple of pics of Purge doing its thing

B6D9AF80-429D-4FDA-8ABC-72042EF91F7D.jpeg

37AA1751-D071-4810-8836-94611C66C46D.jpeg

51980F15-8EEE-4E2A-A778-B044A7F30E5E.jpeg

And a few after the process (not great pics as it was a dull day and I couldn’t be bothered moving the Mini to get better angles) -

B762524D-E603-4262-B424-3F8F7931B033.jpeg

3AFFAB02-75A9-42FC-8605-67A6741BA3DA.jpeg

864C97AF-E746-4EBD-B84E-841B8C7437F7.jpeg

24181406-B24E-4144-8CF2-307381502531.jpeg

D55F8FB4-2A46-41DF-A27D-FCCE98D373BE.jpeg

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late
That looks fantastic.

I love deep black pearl - your car was the one which convinced me to get my van sprayed that colour.

Hopefully now the touchless washes will save you time and hassle to keep your car 99% clean during the winter months

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
Notice a marked difference now?

Won’t know until the next wash if it’s worked. I could have done with a bit more time spent on it today doing the wheels properly and drying it off and giving it a coat of C2 but the decontamination process took me longer than expected.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
That looks fantastic.

I love deep black pearl - your car was the one which convinced me to get my van sprayed that colour.

Hopefully now the touchless washes will save you time and hassle to keep your car 99% clean during the winter months

DBP does look fantastic when it’s clean (y) Very few about in this colour too which is nice. I’m a fan of black cars but I think I’d like a white R when it’s time for change.

cbr600

RMS Regular
Drives
Golf R
Is it an Akra they fit? Can’t afford to buy a new one Dave. Will need to be a 2014 or 2015 car to fit with my 20K budget.
You'll get a nice low mileage one for that budget, mine was just below £19k with 22k miles!

Ghost

RMS Regular
Yes mate. I have a citrus degreaser which seems to work very very well.

I’m not a massive fan of them though for repeated uses.

I can get you a sample next time you’re grabbing something from me?
Brill. Still looking the stiff for my alloys? Remember when u called last? Can't remember what it was.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
You'll get a nice low mileage one for that budget, mine was just below £19k with 22k miles!

If I could get a nice one below my budget then even better. Not too hung up on spec. Would be nice to have Nav, Prets and heated seats but my own car is base spec and it suits me fine. CarPlay would be handy if I find one without Nav and I can just use my phone if I ever need maps. Not even that hung up on 3 or 5 doors (although I prefer 3). S3s seem to be in budget too but Golfs seem to be a good bit cheaper. I do prefer the S3 in looks and the interior looks to be better than the Golf but I’ve yet to drive one. No point tyre kicking when I won’t be changing until end of May.
Ideally I’d buy this one at the end of my lease but it’s not an option the lease company offer. I’d have to buy it from auction and I think I’d rather have a car bought before the lease ends.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
So I reckon my replacement for this will be another Golf R or S3 as the boss has ruled out another M3. Ideally we need something with 3 decent seats in the back as the Mini only has 2 so that rules out an M135i as there was next to no space in my 130i.
So, I’d been keeping an eye on the classifieds and eBay for any bits and pieces and this came up

3D595486-8F71-4DC8-B280-C9CA6298DF91.png

Burger Motorsports JB1. I had initially wanted a JB4 but to be honest I don’t really need the advanced features of a JB4 as I’ll not be doing data logging and the JB1 is easier fitted and removed. If I do decide to go to JB4 I can always buy the upgrade kit and the Bluetooth module. The JB1 should be good for an extra 45bhp and apparently makes a massive improvement.
This will go in the mods box along with the spacers. Just need to decide on springs but swaying towards Eibach at the minute.
Hoping to give the car a good clean over the next few days as I’m off all week. I need to get a coat of C2v3 on it as the reactivation process I tried a couple of weeks ago didn’t work on the EXO coating.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I was off work for a week at half term and having time on my hands I decided I would buy the JB4 upgrade kit as the reviews says it’s much smoother than the JB1. I also bought the Bluetooth connection kit too for logging, switching and modifying maps and code reading.

C5F6A415-0BA0-4348-AB79-A25B4D168FBD.jpeg

The JB1 I bought was the Rev 1 unit that has the old style enclosure and cable covers so I sold it and bought a used Rev 2 unit and sold the Rev 1.

D2570F67-4CAC-427E-9767-8869ECF8B186.jpeg

I have the option of running the JB1 or upgrading to JB4. The JB4 needs a connection to the OBDII port and a tap to the O2 sensor loom which makes it a bit more hassle to install. Rather than tap into the loom I’ve ordered the bits to make a plug in connector that should look something like this when I get it all soldered together

16CE8A98-528C-49AB-9205-5DDEFC40FD4F.jpeg

I’ll add all these to the future mods box and I’ll order a set of Eibachs in the new year from Germany.

Bought a set of Nokian WR A4 winter tyres and got them fitted today. I didn’t have any real issues in the snow last week but I’d rather have the extra bit of control that winter tyres offer. They’ll also save any wear on the Bridgestones so there’ll be no need to replace them when I hand the car back. I can use the winter tyres on my next car. Ideally I’d have 19” Prets for summer and 18” Cadiz for winter.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
When's your lease up D?
Any preferred spec colour of one you'd like?

Some nice specced ones for sale ATM, but non lease spec cars seem to go for top money

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
When's your lease up D?
Any preferred spec colour of one you'd like?

Some nice specced ones for sale ATM, but non lease spec cars seem to go for top money

Goes back in June Ian. I'd like to have something lined up before it goes back though. Haven't really been watching the classifieds as I'd only be tormenting myself! Honestly not that worried about colour. All the R colours are good. If I had to pick at the minute I'd maybe like white as I've never owned a white car.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
White looks great but with my GTD there was no real pleasure in making it shine if you get what I mean but maybe that suits you better lol.
Oynx white would be a great buy, don't think I've ever seen one

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
White looks great but with my GTD there was no real pleasure in making it shine if you get what I mean but maybe that suits you better lol.
Oynx white would be a great buy, don't think I've ever seen one
Exactly this. But at the same time white is a lot more forgiving compared to a darker colour.

My GTD is the normal white (can’t remember the name). After getting Crystal Serum Black on it I’ve had a lot of people asking is it Oynx as it really has brought a nice pearlescent look off the paint when clean!

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Exactly this. But at the same time white is a lot more forgiving compared to a darker colour.

My GTD is the normal white (can’t remember the name). After getting Crystal Serum Black on it I’ve had a lot of people asking is it Oynx as it really has brought a nice pearlescent look off the paint when clean!
Pure White?

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
I’d love an oryx white one but given the optional extra price for it there’s not many about. Might touch lucky when it’s time to buy.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
If you've got the time and the funds take your time and get what you want(y)

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
If you've got the time and the funds take your time and get what you want(y)

For once I will have a bit of time and get the spec I want. To be fair Prets, heated seats and Nav would do me. Be nice to have Pro Nav though. If a clean, low mileage base spec one came up I would turn it down. Budget is £20k so hopefully get a maybe a 2015 car. I’d prefer a 3 door but would be happy enough with a 5 door.

Deezer-D

RMS Regular
OP
Deezer-D
Drives
Mini SE
No updates on the Golf other than it’s filthy and I’ve almost hit the mileage allowance with just over 5 months to go. Been getting emails from Vehicle Savers trying to tempt me into a new lease but I don’t want to lease again.
I’d been trying to avoid the classifieds but have been tormenting myself looking at S3 Sporbacks. Generally not a 5 door fan but these look really good. Never owned an Audi and haven’t driven an S3 so will need to get a test drive in one to see which I prefer, S3 or R.