Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
@Wayne D is a lot better looking than I remember.

Autolifers said:
Here is my good pal Wayne Douglas, who had been looking after the car for me for the first month, for reasons we shall not go into on this public stage **cough**, and obliged to drive as I took some action shots, albeit very poor ones, of my new motor. Note the inserts and cut out on the top of the struts to accommodate the wider track?

autolifers-piya306-1.jpg

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Pheww, glad I clicked on that link to discover no air or hydro was happening.

Also, I need to go to Thailand :eek:

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Looks great in white and as said before in this thread the temptation must be too great not to decal it. Would define an era please do it.
View attachment 122372

I "MAY" do it at some point . Maybe

Lovely in white!
Would really suit a pug1off style v6 transplant...

Def not, only one engine for that:
306stage3.jpg

@ilovequo I'd have to agree with @amg306 here. I did think of the V6 route but no real advantage to be gained in the end. I'd rather have a n/a 2.0 16v from the GTI-6 with throttle bodies as per @amg306's photo

Speedlines?

What's dem wheels?

@Wayne D is a lot better looking than I remember.

Ah now he is a fine looking lad infairness :p

Pheww, glad I clicked on that link to discover no air or hydro was happening.

Also, I need to go to Thailand :eek:

I was thinking people might think they unthinkable haha

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Would converting to throttle bodies etc cause any upset with importing to the US, or do they base it all on the standard car?

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
TBH bringing it in as a classic probably would mean there wont be that big a hassle - either way import without and then strap on later!
Would converting to throttle bodies etc cause any upset with importing to the US, or do they base it all on the standard car?

Reactions: AMG

EP3 James

RMS Regular
Drives
Leon Cupra
Just read the autolifer write up you did. Love the colour choice! Doesn't actually look that dated, really cool.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
What colour was the car originally?

Just going to throw this out there, but seeing as it's white now....

From my understanding these cars where like a base white colour when they went to the Dimma guys. I do believe that my car was then painted BMW Dakar Yellow which was obvious in the door shuts as there was a difference in the yellow. It was then laterly painted its Peugeot Dandelion Yellow colour.

The inside of the boot is white as was the firewall in the engine bay. The paint on the top of the suspension turrets rubbed off with some solvent John said haha - white underneath.

I might do works colours at some point but it would be of the earlier works colours to fit the front end properly.

6077167923_fd7a92d957_z.jpg

These are the Speedlines I want! :laughing: Very like the Compomotive VLM

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
From my understanding these cars where like a base white colour when they went to the Dimma guys. I do believe that my car was then painted BMW Dakar Yellow which was obvious in the door shuts as there was a difference in the yellow. It was then laterly painted its Peugeot Dandelion Yellow colour.

The inside of the boot is white as was the firewall in the engine bay. The paint on the top of the suspension turrets rubbed off with some solvent John said haha - white underneath.

I might do works colours at some point but it would be of the earlier works colours to fit the front end properly.

6077167923_fd7a92d957_z.jpg

These are the Speedlines I want! :laughing: Very like the Compomotive VLM

White is definitely the colour for it :laughing:

Compomotive just stole all the old designs and remade them :p Only problem with big wheels is you need big brakes to fill them!

Paul RS

RMS Regular
Drives
Sierra Cosworth
Is it not really annoying to live half the planet away from your car? :p

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Looks great! I couldn't wait to see it in a different colour, but now I strangely miss the yellow a bit!

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma

Little video i did with an iphone and DJI Osmo mobile.
Before anyone asks - the spring in the driver side is a std one hence the even more monster truck look with the arch gap. Ain't decided what suspension will go into the car just yet and yes I need to get a passenger rear quarter window :laughing:

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Status is she’s under a cover at home tucked up in the garage. The idea was to ship it here next year but with Covid that’s hurt us quite bad financially (as with a lot of people obviously) looking like 2022 before she leaves!!