Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
I remember Dave starting to build that on the rallyereg back in the day. Good to see you're still at it!
The car above is a different car but I believe elements of that version you’re referring to have been transferred into this car. The original build was bought after an accident - I seen the shell and other bits for sale recently (last 12 months) on donedeal.ie too.

Simon998

RMS Regular
Drives
90's Junk
The car above is a different car but I believe elements of that version you’re referring to have been transferred into this car. The original build was bought after an accident - I seen the shell and other bits for sale recently (last 12 months) on donedeal.ie too.
Ah, it was many moons ago. The original was a masterpiece, I imagine this one is better as he was only learning how to lay kevlar when he was building the first one.

It's a crying shame the RR was taken down, Mark (106parts) says he only took it down due to hosting costs and he has it all backed up which is a bit of a **** excuse considering what he charges for parts lol

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Dave is theeee guy to get at this Patrick! I wanted to get him on the podcast. Stefan was down with him a while back but it's very much not his thing.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Dave is theeee guy to get at this Patrick! I wanted to get him on the podcast. Stefan was down with him a while back but it's very much not his thing.
Yup, he and I have been chatting for years on and off about doing something with it and delighted now to be able to start the project. I can’t wait to see it progress.
Can't wait to see the progress on this! Still one of the coolest cars on the forum!
Cheers dude - hopefully everyone is going to dig what gets done to it!
Ah, it was many moons ago. The original was a masterpiece, I imagine this one is better as he was only learning how to lay kevlar when he was building the first one.

It's a crying shame the RR was taken down, Mark (106parts) says he only took it down due to hosting costs and he has it all backed up which is a bit of a **** excuse considering what he charges for parts lol
The RR was a great forum and you’re right he wasn’t afraid of asking for a few pound 😳

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
IMG_3025.jpeg
My car.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
6439d0ac-84d1-4cd5-991a-d54d511fa69d.jpeg

Off with your head! So the work has started on the Dimma. The car getting a full on cage meant that I really didn’t want the sunroof any longer so I was able to source a roof skin VERY cheap. So cheap I made sure the guy got something extra to go along with what he was asking.

9c67859f-ea28-4503-bca9-de9f22a3d6eb.jpeg

28d5fbb5-cc40-4b2e-8986-e04a25f11986.jpeg

David (Mr Red Hill Motorsport) stated typical 90s ***** wiring for alarms and subwoofers etc along with the carpet and…

9b007401-318a-4e42-9d0a-d861ced401a9.jpeg

…bits and ends from the interior that won’t be required. And the most exciting pic below

d53c3ab2-2dac-4750-bb16-4581b6083942.jpeg

The cage points getting setup for the custom cage that Red Hill Motorsport is going to do for me. Thought some of you might like to see some of the early progress.

Mucho Mucho Excitedo

Woodcutter

RMS Regular
Awesome. Really looking forward to see progress on this. It’s a very very special car.

Full cages scare the crap out of me for a road car unless you’re gonna wear a lid though.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
That's brilliant @Nazor glad to see progress on it, and a cage at that!

Please tell me you're adding a Satchshift too
Full cages scare the crap out of me for a road car unless you’re gonna wear a lid though.
I totally get where you're coming from on that, but it should be grand tbh if using proper seats fitted in a good position with properly done up harnesses. Would typically add some padding around the relevant areas (not that it's overly soft!). Sure even with competition cars, helmets aren't worn on road sections.

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Awesome. Really looking forward to see progress on this. It’s a very very special car.

I hear you but like @cauld1 says padding, seats and harnesses will mitigate that but I certainly see your point.
That's brilliant @Nazor glad to see progress on it, and a cage at that!

Please tell me you're adding a Satchshift too

I totally get where you're coming from on that, but it should be grand tbh if using proper seats fitted in a good position with properly done up harnesses. Would typically add some padding around the relevant areas (not that it's overly soft!). Sure even with competition cars, helmets aren't worn on road sections.
Satshift is part of the plan. I have Sparco Evos and Sabelt 4 point 3 inch harnesses and an appropriate mounting bar that’ll be part of the cage.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Satshift is part of the plan. I have Sparco Evos and Sabelt 4 point 3 inch harnesses and an appropriate mounting bar that’ll be part of the cage.
Perfect! 3 inch harnesses are definitely the way to go. Way more comfy than 2 inch ones.

I'm guessing given who it's with the dash is getting flocked too?

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Abso-flockin-lutley @cauld - if I do say so myself this car is going to be a cracker. I can’t wait lol. I think people will appreciate it and those who like their pugs (us small few) will really like it.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Class job, looks like it's going to be a proper build. :cool:
Any engine & gearbox plans?

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Class job, looks like it's going to be a proper build. :cool:
Any engine & gearbox plans?
Engine plans - absolutely. My thoughts are GTi-6 head (XU10J4RS)on my original engine (XU10J4R), more aggressive cam, Jenveys, ECU. I’m hoping for about 210bhp which should be achievable.

Gearbox wise I’m thinking keeping the BE 5 speed but going for straight cut gears and a LSD. I want that whine!! lol That coupled with the Satchshift will be awesome.

The ultimate phase of gearbox would be a sequential from Beckert or if I was feeling extra fancy, a Sadev.

The car will definitely be in phases. Initially it’s the look of the car and then the engine. I will then go to the gearbox end of things.

TBH the idea from what I described in the first pages of this thread still ring true. The basics are what are going to be done with some great input from David at Red Hill Motorsport.

FM155

RMS Regular
Drives
Alfa 155
Class! You'll have to practice not blinking like Panizzi or shrugging like Frankie D saying "I am Francois Delecour, he is Carlis Sainz, it is nothing"
Peak Panizzi

Worked with a guy from Cannes a couple of years ago, he had a hunting lodge up in the alps and Giles Panizzi had one close by. Anytime the Monte was on they'd all go to watch the stages with a good fire and plenty of beer. They would always avoid any TV cameras though, just a few mates watching a rally.

Last edited:

Nazor

RMS Regular
OP
Nazor
Drives
306 Dimma
Frankie D saying “it’s not a problem for me. I don’t know heem”. That was Catalunya 97??? Love that video of Panizzi.

When we had our Dturbo back in the day dad would go through a few corners from apex to apex and turn to me and say “just like Panizzi” lol

Wayne D

RMS Regular
Drives
Family Wagon
Awesome @Nazor , plans sound epic and no better man to make it happen than Dave.

Can't wait to see it finished and looking forward to the progress along the way too.