Dubshed 6&7th April Eikon Centre

AMG

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
Well said, there was literally another giant hall filled with non vag stuff. Its impossible to please all the negative Norn Iron people. 600+ cars from all walks of life, and all over the uk, of course theres going to be something there that doesnt float your boat, but its that persons hard work so some credit should be given.

Oh and all those giving off about "paying to show my car" you didnt. You paid to get yourself into the show like everyone else. I imagine if they let everyone with a car into the show for free, there'd be boys hiding in boots to get in for free :joy:

It was a great turnout as always, the standard of some of the cars was mind boggling. Mk3 golf in front of my car (with the orange interior) was stunning, the polish lad that owns it took 6 years building it and it shows.

He was telling me he has his next project ready for paint - Mk2 with turbo R32, full 4motion, DSG. Looking forward to seeing that if the mk3 is his level of work!

Didnt take too many photos, mostly just my own car lol :yum Was nice having two days away from the wife, in a dry shed to be able to give it a good clean :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Don't mean this to sound negative in any way at all because I really like your car, but it was an unfortunate spot you got as what was surrounding it was just on another level, that mark 3 in front as you say was just so well put together.

300trophy

RMS Regular
Drives
Megane 275 Cup-S
@r16vka Would I have seen you along the Knock dual carriageway after 5pm on some evenings? I used to go home from work that way every evening and pretty sure I’ve seen that car and recognise the reg!

r16vka

RMS Regular
OP
r16vka
Drives
Audi 80 V6
Don't mean this to sound negative in any way at all because I really like your car, but it was an unfortunate spot you got as what was surrounding it was just on another level, that mark 3 in front as you say was just so well put together.

No offence taken! I was almost embarrassed to be so close to the stage surrounded by the cars there. Think it was just the time I arrived at that I got directed into that spot. Bonus was I had a comfy seat for prize giving 😂

@r16vka Would I have seen you along the Knock dual carriageway after 5pm on some evenings? I used to go home from work that way every evening and pretty sure I’ve seen that car and recognise the reg!

Yeah I'm on the ring road from Rosetta round to ballygowan road most night after 5 on my way home 😊

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
Pablo, chatting to some of the organisers, the costs to hire the two giant halls are insane. And if they want them next year they've to pay £50k up front. That's before you pay for insurance and all the other running costs

Sorry, have to correct you there @r16vka. Sorry but this fact and the amount is incorrect.

We appreciate your understanding of the costs associated but we don’t quote figures to anyone as we are contracted by the venue. Thanks for the support as ever though :grinning: To everyone else who attend thanks for all the great compliments and glad you had such a good weekend! We certainly did.

That couldn't possibly be the most cost effective method of laying out parking bays? Isn't there something you could lay down that peels up in one rather than breaking your back scraping it?

Unfortunately we've tried various things over the years. Blue tape ends up in shreds and is much worse than this stuff. Duct tape lifts and leaves all the sticky side on the floor and the black backing in your hand. This stuff was recommended to us and it's still crap. We didn't do full runs of it this time, just dashes every so often, so that was a better plan.

Chalk lines last about 30mins in the dry and the 2mins in the wet unfortunately. Some sort of paint that lifts with an agent would be the job but I don't know of any.

The problem is 1000s of people tramping over it for 3 days. It's along of abuse for any product to take.

quattro Rick

RMS Regular
Drives
quattro / M796
Sorry, have to correct you there @r16vka. Sorry but this fact and the amount is incorrect.

We appreciate your understanding of the costs associated but we don’t quote figures to anyone as we are contracted by the venue. Thanks for the support as ever though :grinning: To everyone else who attend thanks for all the great compliments and glad you had such a good weekend! We certainly did.

Unfortunately we've tried various things over the years. Blue tape ends up in shreds and is much worse than this stuff. Duct tape lifts and leaves all the sticky side on the floor and the black backing in your hand. This stuff was recommended to us and it's still crap. We didn't do full runs of it this time, just dashes every so often, so that was a better plan.

Chalk lines last about 30mins in the dry and the 2mins in the wet unfortunately. Some sort of paint that lifts with an agent would be the job but I don't know of any.

The problem is 1000s of people tramping over it for 3 days. It's along of abuse for any product to take.

The tape alone just shows the effort put into dubshed 😂 hopefully something more hassle free comes around eventually!

Maybe just bombard Victoria Square next year, the acoustics are magnificent 🙈

DaddyCC

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
Came over to speak to you at the end Conrad but you were in middle of speaking to someone and looking a bit stressed then ran away as i got within 10ft of you. And i thought it was only the ladies i had that efcect on lol :sob::kissing_heart:

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
@DaddyC you should have thrown something at me lol. It's hit or miss getting to talk to people unfortunately. If it was after prize giving it might have been @cauld1 and his dad (gentleman in a very dapper hat and jacket) I was speaking to. Or if it was around 7 I was running towards a friend's grey Mk5 GTi to get a run in it to try out dsg for the first time

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Only managed to get down on the Saturday this year but was a great show all the same. Spent most of it running after Elena as she didn't want to sit in the buggy or be carried or hold my hand 🤦‍♂️ but still got to see loads and take a few pictures. I'll try and upload them here in a few mins.

@natogreen16v Send my thanks to everyone involved. Fantastic show as always (y)

steenson

RMS Regular
Drives
misc 80's/90's
Great show as usual! its well worth the entry fee for the inspiration to get out and work on your own cars!
Got heat stroke this year! bad choice of jacket! lol

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Here's a few pics I got

20190406_134058.jpg

20190406_145202.jpg

20190406_134228.jpg

20190406_142901.jpg

20190406_135545.jpg

20190406_134339.jpg

20190406_133704.jpg

20190406_135553.jpg

20190406_131143.jpg

20190406_131126.jpg

My old wheels off my A3 ^^

Sam_FN2

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 Civic TypeR
Some cracking pics folks, thought what I did see of the show was great, gtini boys know how to run a show, I was working all weekend in the main hall so I didn't get much chance to look round.

Big Pimp

RMS Trader
Drives
like im late

natogreen16v

RMS Regular
Drives
Stuff
I
I could’ve sold you something to make that hateful job easier, lol

Actually, even a hot air gun would’ve helped
I actually said to Lee that you would likely have something FFS lol. I must get a proper chat with you. We had a small blow lamp to heat it and it was useless

_James_

RMS Regular
Drives
V50/M135i
Enjoyed it as I do every year. Not getting involved in the politics, it was a good show.

My phone didn't play ball for one reason or another and I didn't get half the pics I wanted, so a bit gutted. But I enjoyed the day none the less.

This thing was pretty cool though.

View attachment 230945

You should really get yourself a proper camera, your eye for a decent picture be it in Forza or in real life is generally very good in my opinion.

TheDaniel

RMS Regular
Drives
Silvia PS13
@Jamz3k Cheers lad! I wouldn't have a clue what I was doing with a proper camera though or how to edit it😂

Last edited: