E46 M3

Neil_M

RMS Regular
Lovely car batman, lovely spec with good tyres and the B12 kit.

Any big plans for it?

They are a great daily as it's been said a few times. Probably twice the MPG of the Scooby :laughing:?

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Lovely car batman, lovely spec with good tyres and the B12 kit.

Any big plans for it?

They are a great daily as it's been said a few times. Probably twice the MPG of the Scooby :laughing:?

No plans. Saving any spare cash for maintenance and the M tax on parts.

Seems to be better on fuel than the Impreza so far but I've only been taking it to work and back. I've lived with mid-low 20's the past 18 months so if it does any more than that, it'll be a bonus.

Boksic

RMS Regular
No plans. Saving any spare cash for maintenance and the M tax on parts.

Seems to be better on fuel than the Impreza so far but I've only been taking it to work and back. I've lived with mid-low 20's the past 18 months so if it does any more than that, it'll be a bonus.

My own has averaged 24.5 (on the computer) this last 5-6 months of daily driving, few thousand miles, if that's anything to go by. Short/town journeys mostly then any longer runs tend to be fairly high speed..

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
First small mod. Ordered a re-trimmed wheel to replace the worn one in the car. Standard looking but slightly thicker with perforated sides.

Gave it a once over with the DA and got a couple of coats of sealant on it.

36847601795_04d2eb2a9b_b.jpg

36677043122_2fee625b74_b.jpg

37211950595_0b505d28a5_b.jpg

Last edited:

mcmurray

RMS Regular
OP
mcmurray
Drives
M3
Looks super clean Ryan(y)

Will probably see a bit of paint after the winter but it's in decent condition.

Good job. That particular interior looks so fresh, new HU helps a lot.

Although the standard unit is old tech, I don't think I would replace it. Haven't seen an aftermarket unit that looks OEM enough in that space. I've updated the firmware and maps so it will do me grand. The multi-changer is loaded up with some 10 year old CD's I found in the house. :p

Great looking wheel. Royal Steering Wheels make it?

Yeah, Royal are doing it. Decent price too.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Will probably see a bit of paint after the winter but it's in decent condition.

Although the standard unit is old tech, I don't think I would replace it. Haven't seen an aftermarket unit that looks OEM enough in that space. I've updated the firmware and maps so it will do me grand. The multi-changer is loaded up with some 10 year old CD's I found in the house. :p

Yeah, Royal are doing it. Decent price too.

They done one on my E60 a few years ago. Was a great job really really impressed with it.

IMG_6280.JPG

moglie

RMS Regular
Only seeing this now. That is a lovely example mate. E46 M3's are just such a brilliant all round car and they still look fantastic.

All the best with it bud

Lyons

RMS Moderator
Drives
X5 / 435D
Agreed, fantastic for playing and controlling music from the phone.

Only thing I miss is dab. I know you can use the intravee for TuneIn radio etc, but it's not as seamless as the phone music control.