IMG_2654.jpeg

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
An expense I may need soon myself 🤣😩

I’m back in work tomorrow and I’ll be pricing and ordering myself some parts. Full service kit but I don’t know if I’ll be able to get the wiper mechanism.
Is it the one on the passenger side that has the two legs? If so you can get them on eBay mate.

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
This is the one I got for mine a few months ago:

gary1365

RMS Regular
Drives
e60 320d
It’s the drivers side one that’s wonky. I’ll have a look in work first as Halfords source their part through euro car parts and I have employee discount 😁

Edit at £16 in your eBay link I probably won’t get it any cheaper 🤣

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Clutch fitted today, didn’t take any pics as I was under pressure with time lol. I was right about it being the release bearing though, however I’m glad I did the full kit as there wasn’t much material left on the friction plate and the flywheel didn’t look like it had much life in it either.

But my word the difference it makes having a car that doesn’t rattle any more when you release the pedal! Lol

lennyd

RMS Regular
Drives
a car
Clutch fitted today, didn’t take any pics as I was under pressure with time lol. I was right about it being the release bearing though, however I’m glad I did the full kit as there wasn’t much material left on the friction plate and the flywheel didn’t look like it had much life in it either.

But my word the difference it makes having a car that doesn’t rattle any more when you release the pedal! Lol
If it's anything like the e46 to change the clutch, it's dead handy too. I done the carrier bearings for the prop while I was at it too as they're prone to go on e46s. Biggest issue I had was autodoc sending the wrong clutch kit and having to get a full luk clutch and dmf kit as I was in a hurry myself. That was emotional as it was about 3 times what I gave for the car!

McFall1984

RMS Regular
Drives
To many cars
You'd be mad to sell this now Brian, if you can afford to buy an insure another car, I'd def try an get an estate for the 2nd or 3rd car, BMW would be luxury an be a sin to sell it after the work you put in

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
You'd be mad to sell this now Brian, if you can afford to buy an insure another car, I'd def try an get an estate for the 2nd or 3rd car, BMW would be luxury an be a sin to sell it after the work you put in
At the risk of ridicule, I’m not getting rid of it. We’ve bought a dog guard and boot liner for her i20, so the need for an estate isn’t really there any more.

Plus the shocks I’m getting when pricing anything else up insurance wise. Either Tesco Bank have me on a fantastic introductory offer or the prices are going up drastically!!

Anything else I’ve looked at, including Insignia’s, Volvo’s and even Mini’s are all more expensive to insure!

So yea I agree, I’d be mad to get rid!!
If it's anything like the e46 to change the clutch, it's dead handy too. I done the carrier bearings for the prop while I was at it too as they're prone to go on e46s. Biggest issue I had was autodoc sending the wrong clutch kit and having to get a full luk clutch and dmf kit as I was in a hurry myself. That was emotional as it was about 3 times what I gave for the car!
I’d a bit of an issue getting the box to mate properly with the engine/clutch again. Was literally the third lift up in before it finally went home! lol.

But yea the prop bearing has been replaced as well! It was connected via Bluetooth! 😂

Blackie

RMS Regular
OP
Blackie
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Another job ticked off the list, I got the car like this with a smashed rear heater vent (excuse the mess of the car):
IMG_2678.jpeg

This evening I replaced them (again new ones aren’t clean either lol):
IMG_2679.jpeg

This next one will definitely divide opinion, but I like them so, I fitted coloured grill bars, before:

IMG_2680.jpeg

And after:

IMG_2681.jpeg