ebay-Can I get my money back

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gttc16

RMS Member
Bought some stuff from a guy on ebay nearly a month ago and still nothing has arrived. No replies to my emails either. Can I get my money back and how..?? Payed by paypal btw.

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
About 100 euro, $125 dollars to be exact.... F8cker
Bought some "Aero" type mirrors for me twincam (dtm style) and they still haven't arrived although the guy said he'd post them on the 10th of July..??

Emmy

im going to have to do something like that myself i was promised a replacement for an amp which i sent off to be fixed but couldnt be fixed, emailed the guy and he said he needed my address to post a new one out, never got it, has been over a month since i sent my last email to him! im going to contact ebay who should refund some money and track down the seller! i still have the reciept for sending off the amp so if all else fails i will see if i can claim off it as i insured it but dont know if i can because he recieved it.

Calibra

if u report them to ebay and threaten negitive feedback usually works if not tell pay pal as they insure ur money if the item is not sent, did u get postal insurance?

RComms

RMS Regular
Drives
E63
yep you can. Contact paypal, they have all kinds of protection. they will also chase the seller on your behalf, and take any funds out of his account.

Emmy

ooooh interesting , do you think i should contact paypal (sorry for hijacking here) and ask them to chase the seller up as they havnt sent my replacement amp and i spent £75 on insured postage to post it to the states too! and he emailed me to say he had recieved it and was sending a replacement?

Emmy

gr8 coz i left him positive feedback after recieving them, then one amp blew after only using it for a few days and i got it looked at and it was a total refurb and he didnt believe me but took it back anyway, spent £75 to send it to him (still have my reciept) and he said he would send me a new one, never replied to my last email checking up on what the status was so i think its about time i emailed paypal, or should i contact ebay first? how does it work?

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
Will try paypal tonight. Just got a mail from yer man saying it was posted over a week ago from California. Still going to chase to get my money back and I'll re-imburse him if it arrives to me.
Seems up to this he had good feedback (+79) but now some other guy has given 2 negatives for stuff that didn't arrive.!?
Make you wary of using ebay..!! --But that's where a lot of good stuff is unfortunately.
Thanks for the replies so far....keep any info coming, for all of us.. :eek:)

Calibra

contact both ebay - who will track him and warn him and PayPal- who will warn him of fraud and threaten to close his account and take the money u gave him away

Emmy

ask him to find out the parcel number, he should be able to get a tracking number that you can use parcelforce to track, took some emailing the guy i bought these amps off at first to finally get a tracking number off him as he didnt believe me that international parcels always have a tracking number. if its only been a week id say more than likely it is on its way, if its gone by ship it will take more than a week, by air, less.

Emmy

aye thats what i thought, anyways who should be contacted first in this situation ebay or paypal?

Calibra

ebay first then paypal but to be safe i would send the same complaint (exactly the same) to

* ebay
* paypal
* the seller
*copy to yourself

just to be on the safe side

Marc

RMS Moderator
Emmy said:
aye thats what i thought, anyways who should be contacted first in this situation ebay or paypal?

none of them.. its totally out of their hands, contact the guy you sent the amp to

Marc

RMS Moderator
Calibra said:
she has tried we are telling her about lodging a complaint

she bought the amp about 5 months back AFAIK, she recieved it fine, all was good until the amp messed up, so she contacted the seller of the item a while after it broke, he agreed to fix it, so she sent it back to america ( nothing to do with paypal or ebay TBH) and the guy cant fix it, so is going to send a replacement.

ibitza

RMS Regular
Drives
seat ibiza
do paypal not only pay out if the users feedback was over a certain % like say 95 r over r sumfing like that?

Emmy

yep and he is ignoring me basically and as far as i know coz i used paypal its guarenteed as i paid it by credit card? because i know credit card companies insure against faulty goods etc.

Calibra

yes marc but she asked mr HOW to lodge a complaint i didnt say she was going to if u read a few posts above i said about P&P waiting times
and i told everyone to contact the seller

Emmy

well he did have very positive feedback, very little negative as far as i know, im going to check it up when i get home and email ebay or paypal and see what they say, think il check first of all if his ebay store is in action and if thats the case i shouldnt have any bother reetracting my positive feed back and leaving a massive negative complaint feedback!

gttc16

RMS Member
OP
gttc16
I won mine on the 8th, paid on the 9th and yer man replied to say he got the payment and would post on the 10th, thats 3 weeks plus and in the mean time he never returned any emails to see what was happening with my stuff. Checked paypal and it seems you can get most of your money back up to 30 days after payment no matter what your feedback, after that it is up to ebay to get back some of the money. There is one fund recovery thingy on paypal where you must have at least 30 positive feedbacks (I have 6) but I don't think this is the one I need to use, will have a better look when I get home.
As of now I'm going to get my money back and pay if/when the stuff arrives....my thirty days are up this week.!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.