Ep3 civic type r insurance?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
well then get a type r bought and insured with them for you wudnt get a better deal than that

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
Just reliased that the quote was 3years ncb and for when i turn 20 here in a few months so will be waitin till then :grinning:.. £2495 for now when am 19 and 2 years no claims also FC..

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
cudnt see it, that must be a price for paying it all at once?

yea was price for paying it fully .. Thats the way it would be gettin paid anyways to get it out of the way:grinning:.. I have the quotes saved in the emails aswell for refrence:grinning:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
dont think them references hold for too long. aw well i pay monthly so 1800m isnt too bad for i started a policy when i was 20 and my insurance is up in septemeber so will hopefully be cheaper when il have 3 years NCB hopefully

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
dont think them references hold for too long. aw well i pay monthly so 1800m isnt too bad for i started a policy when i was 20 and my insurance is up in septemeber so will hopefully be cheaper when il have 3 years NCB hopefully

yea they were just used as a guide to give me a rough price of what its going to be.. Any pics of your type r? facelift? prefacelift? Cant decide wether or not its worth the extra £££ for a facelift?:grinning:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
its prefacelift, only bought it standard two weeks ago, have it lowered real low on standard rims, its milano red. i prefer pre facelift beacuse i find them more aggressive looking and more jap looking compared to the facelifts which are so common and theyr so many sports going about which have the kit

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
its prefacelift, only bought it standard two weeks ago, have it lowered real low on standard rims, its milano red. i prefer pre facelift beacuse i find them more aggressive looking and more jap looking compared to the facelifts which are so common and theyr so many sports going about which have the kit

Been looking on pistonheads etc etc and was thinking the same myself.. Just gotta save another few £££ and hopefully get one then:grinning:.. did u go to the mainland for yours or local?

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
bought it out of belfast completelty standard, private sale. theyre lethal cars, juts be prepared for the high cost of fuelling it

J55NI

RMS Regular
OP
J
bought it out of belfast completelty standard, private sale. theyre lethal cars, juts be prepared for the high cost of fuelling it

a few have said there not that bad on fuel?? 250mile to a tank? if so wouldnt bother me as i dont do alot of driving:grinning:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
i wish! 200 to a tank lad if your lucky and ive only an induction kit fitted and a 4" back box like and im driving pretty easy mosta d time cos it very low

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
i wish! 200 to a tank lad if your lucky and ive only an induction kit fitted and a 4" back box like and im driving pretty easy mosta d time cos it very low

The back box wouldnt affect your MPG but the induction kit might but not as bad as 200 miles to a tank!!

I have a Gruppe M kit on mine and Id get about 250-270 miles to a tank with mixed driving.....I do like my VTEC. So you must be always in VTEC if your getting 200!
I find them pretty good on the juice, there just like most hothaches if not a bit better than most, ig get 30mpg average

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
seriousley thats all im gettn atm. but i only have the type r 2 weeks now so doing a fair amount of vtec but not overly bad. i need to get a decent indcution kit becasue im only running a k'n'n filter atm., had a aem v2 on my vti civic and it was good. thinking of a short ram aem?

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
yea theyre not great, but you dont buy a type r to drive like a granny lol.

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
I find my Type R sweet on fuel, yes if you cane it it wont be that good but the i-VTEC is designed to help the running of the engine be a bit more economical. When out of VTEC as far as i'm aware the engine is only producing 150bhp so its not using up anywhere near as much fuel as when taken to the redline at 197bhp.

It all depends on how you drive I guess, I do mixed driving with some VTEC fun when road conditions allow and the worst Ive had is 220 miles and thats only unitl the red light comes on, even at that point there is still 10 litres of fuel left in the tank so easy 30miles+

As for the short ram systems I personally wouldnt touch them with a barge pole, had one on my last car and it was awful for heatsoak, Cold Air Intakes are by far the best, especially as the filter in the short ram kits in the CTR sits about 8 inches away from the red hot manifold so lots and lots of heat being given off, but that just me.

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
do you mean as in a long reach indcution kit lad? with my cars all being so low i dont like the idea of the filter being down so far and then when bad flooding you would suck up water?

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
do you mean as in a long reach indcution kit lad? with my cars all being so low i dont like the idea of the filter being down so far and then when bad flooding you would suck up water?

I know what you mean mate, the long ram's arent ideal because of that exact reason, if you can afford one Gruppe M make an outstanding kit for the CTR, check my car thread and see what there like very unique http://www.reallymeansounds.com/for...1-bluntcaps-civic-type-r-new-carbon-dash.html, also ITG do a good kit, not very loud but good gains and more affordable than the Gruppe M.

Gaz86

RMS Regular
I find my Type R sweet on fuel, yes if you cane it it wont be that good but the i-VTEC is designed to help the running of the engine be a bit more economical. When out of VTEC as far as i'm aware the engine is only producing 150bhp so its not using up anywhere near as much fuel as when taken to the redline at 197bhp.

Yep thats about right (y) mine's not bad on fuel as long as you don't horse the sh*t out of it all the time the 6 speed box helps even at low speed its still quite driveable in 6th

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
22 with 3 years ncb £750 with Quinn, integra when I was 20 was £1080, vti when 18 was £1700

They've always been good to me :laughing:

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
22 with 3 years ncb £750 with Quinn, integra when I was 20 was £1080, vti when 18 was £1700

They've always been good to me :laughing:

That is good I tried doing an online quote with them and they wouldnt even quote me.....do they cover all your mods aswell Rik?

Rik

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E46 M3
Just asked for a report for the lowering, didnt affect price, told them the power roughly as per rolling road

I actually have 4yrs ncb, renewal in October will be interesting

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.