Ep3 civic type r insurance?

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

paulmicmac

RMS Regular
the other option would be to go for an ep3 type s. I know they don't have the looks/performance of a type R but they are only a group 11 and you still have a 2 litre v-tec engine. With the money you'd save on insurance you could make a few mods to make it more like a type r (body kit, wheels etc). They are 157bhp standard so your only loosing 40bhp off the type r which wouldn't be to hard to get back with some mods. Just something to think about lad but good luck.

Lawsy123

Drives
Honda Civic - Ep
Naw I've never heard of the above either! I've an Ep3 & my insurance is £1650 fully comp in my own name. I'm 19 with 6 points & a claim! :laughing: Mines like the cheapest I've heard of!!

Smog

RMS Regular
Naw I've never heard of the above either! I've an Ep3 & my insurance is £1650 fully comp in my own name. I'm 19 with 6 points & a claim! :laughing: Mines like the cheapest I've heard of!!
Where the hell from? Please get back to us!!
Did you get the points AFTER you paid for the insurance?
That is unreal!
Do you have NCB from the age of 17 or something?

I want one :imp:

Lawsy123

Drives
Honda Civic - Ep
Where the hell from? Please get back to us!!
Did you get the points AFTER you paid for the insurance?
That is unreal!
Do you have NCB from the age of 17 or something?

I want one :imp:

Todds in Omagh. Yea I've got NCB from 17 and I had 3 points when I paid my insurance but the other 3 have been fully informed and I've been told that it shouldn't go up next year because of them. I was well chuffed, had a 325i before that and it only went up by £200 to insure the Ep3.

J0NN7G

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3 CTR
TESCO are the way forward,

Im 21 with 1 yrs NCB and the rest claim free named driving,

My insurance is £1670 fully comp on the CTR, (black premier edition).

Still quite expensive but well worth it! The second cheapest was £2200 by direct line.

The thing that annoys me is that i could be insured for £1000 on a 300bhp 200sx?!
Who really decides insurance? Theres more chance of crashing going sideways than in a straight line haha!!

bluntcap

RMS Regular
Drives
2018 Golf R
TESCO are the way forward,

Im 21 with 1 yrs NCB and the rest claim free named driving,

My insurance is £1670 fully comp on the CTR, (black premier edition).

Still quite expensive but well worth it! The second cheapest was £2200 by direct line.

The thing that annoys me is that i could be insured for £1000 on a 300bhp 200sx?!
Who really decides insurance? Theres more chance of crashing going sideways than in a straight line haha!!

How did you even get direct line to quote you? Their policy is no under 22s in NI.

james123

RMS Regular
Direct Line gave me the best quote by far, £550 fully comp protected and I'm 27 with 6 years NCB :grinning:

Waaaat!! When i was looking for quotes for type-r's last year the ep3 was coming up between £800 and 1k. Thats with being 26 with 7 yrs ncb...the dc2 only cost £580 with HSBC via confused.com.:laughing:

Jonny_W

RMS Regular
i was paying under £500 with greenlight for my old ep3 with greenlight at 26 with 5 years no claims

anlygi

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR
Waaaat!! When i was looking for quotes for type-r's last year the ep3 was coming up between £800 and 1k. Thats with being 26 with 7 yrs ncb...the dc2 only cost £580 with HSBC via confused.com.:laughing:

Probably postcode mate. Between two addresses of mine, the post code was the difference between £1100 and £1600 in my first year.

civicglacier

RMS Regular
Drives
F10 / ATR / S2k
Would have to reccomend Tescos, have had great customer service, and at 23 with 3 yrs no claims its just under £900 which is reasonable i thought. I tried quinn and after being with them for 3 years they said they no longer would quote for ep3's, probably a load of rubbish though.

(y) to Tesco

neil1280

Banned
Drives
e46 318ti MG tf
i have 5 years no claims and im 28 and they still raise a finger at me and told me to try when im thirty!! and wouldnt insure me. just something to do with my insurer rather than the broker

p 5ary

RMS Regular
my fn2 gets about 35-36 mpg up and down to belfast, not much hard acceleration though

dont forget the area you live in also has an impact on insurance.

jshek007

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 335,FN2, R56
how are u getting that. i am hardly hard on my accelaraton and i think max i ever get is 32 and normally in 28s and i am not even in tec or anything.

p 5ary

RMS Regular
how are u getting that. i am hardly hard on my accelaraton and i think max i ever get is 32 and normally in 28s and i am not even in tec or anything.

jshek you know how im getting that, you passed me when i was in the evo on the motorway lol:p and i know why you aint lol

i get about 330 miles out of tank before the light comes on which im very pleased about

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
jshek you know how im getting that, you passed me when i was in the evo on the motorway lol:p and i know why you aint lol

i get about 330 miles out of tank before the light comes on which im very pleased about

im not being smart lad but i cant believe that milage.
i fill my type r up for around £45 and i would not even see 230/240 miles.
im just standard with an air filter and exhaust

Unlight

RMS Regular
im not being smart lad but i cant believe that milage.
i fill my type r up for around £45 and i would not even see 230/240 miles.
im just standard with an air filter and exhaust

You're driving it too hard then. It's very easy to get 300 miles out of a tank on an EP3/FN2

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
You're driving it too hard then. It's very easy to get 300 miles out of a tank on an EP3/FN2

i am well driving too hard, my cars that low i cant even drive it hard lol.
well maybe he is gettin them miles but i know myself my type r and friends type rs arent getting near it:confounded:

euge07

RMS Regular
Drives
c220 cdi sport
suppose 4th gear lad, never be crusing at 30, into the town etc i usualy drive around 45-55 mph

J0NN7G

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3 CTR
suppose 4th gear lad, never be crusing at 30, into the town etc i usualy drive around 45-55 mph

Mate, get her in 6th gear when cruising about , thats how you get the mpg down. My ep3 will comfortably stroll through town about 35 in 6th!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.