F1 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Glad to see schumacher doing well now that he seems to have a decent car under him, tho wonder how long it'll take other teams to develop their f-duct to perform the same as the mercs

kimi was unfortunate on his lap, my opinion of him has changed after his top gear interview, always thought he was just a borebag but i think he is pretty cool n laid back once you understand his attitude and how he comes across in interviews

but overall great start for the season ahead (y)

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
Looks like it's all about the McLarens and the Red Bulls this year.

Disappointing to see that this year's Mercedes is a moving chicane in terms of race pace yet again.

Not a bad race mind.

C4L

RMS Regular
after looking forward to this for soo long i just switched on the tv and button was crossing the line. for ****sake

Shaun

RMS Regular
Was a pretty good race. Safety car tightened them up near the end.
Gutted for Maldonado crashing on the last lap, williams really looking a very fast car. Another few laps he would have got Alonso.
Massa showing good talent again :eek:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
got the feeling this new McLaren is just how Button wants it, almost the way the Brawn was. strange.

good first grand prix, as some can be a real let down.

Mercedes flattered to decieve again, so much promise yet nothing in race pace terms.

nip and tuck between McLaren and Red Bull after the safety car.

pablo

RMS Moderator
thought it was a bit yawn personally. I love the drama and spectacle of F1 but its really just not exciting.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Made up for button though. Cracking driver.

Yet again I wonder how on earth Massa has a seat in Ferrari.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Pretty dismal, how Alonso can get a top 5 finish and Massa struggle for a top 10 is beyond me, get someone in that car that can make it work and not become a magnet to other F1 cars when being overtaken

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Kobi vs kimi was a great battle, as was the Torro Rosso interteam battle. Great to see Williams with a half decent car again too.

Impressive stuff from jenson, really like to see him doing well but Hamilton was like spoilt child on the podium....

gcon45

RMS Regular
Drives
and rides
I reckon there could be a bit of friction at McLaren this year.

Former golden boy Lewis is being regularly outclassed by Button and is in danger now of being deposed to a number 2 status in the team (psychologically, if not actually), which will not sit well for someone who has as many tickets on himself as Lewis.

Like Brundle says, Lewis has far too many distractions. Rappers entourages, Pop star girlfriend, idiot showbiz manager etc...

He needs to forget all that and get his head in the game.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Very good race I thought! Never used fast forward even once, good sign.

Good move by Jenson. He seems to be in a very good place indeed.

Vettel is a very, very lucky man.

The tyres do seem to favour Jenson and Vettel over Lewis, and Lewis still seemed a bit subdued I thought?

Fantastic midfield racing. Telling that most of the coverage was of the midfield battles. Go Kimi:laughing: Was it just me, or did he seem to be right on top of both tyres and car? A better starting position and he could have been right up there.

And Kobayashi, another great entertainer (y)

Beeb coverage fine again. Just less pre-race rubbish which I personally would fast forward through anyway. The whole race was covered.

Who was the dude doing the pitlane commentary during the race? He did seem to know what he was talking about.

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Kimi looked great in the race, imagine if he had have been up there with Grojean!?

Lewis I think has decided to play the safe game and looked at the whole season worth of points instead of going balls out for the win every race, I think Vettel was geared for the race better than Lewis and that's why he couldnt get past

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
pity there was no run up to this race on bbc, as they usually run through an rule changes for cars etc and pity the nonw live shows are just highlights, with only the race and few chats before and after.
and no grid walk anymore as bundrel is on sky

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Skys coverage was excellent, really want to hook up the Sky to my surround sound but havent got a long enough Optical cable :worried:

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
After race coverage was brilliant. Interviews and into pits etc!!

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Speang set to be a wet weekend, could be see Button do well again as well as Schumacher

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.