F1 2012

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Good enough reason for me to watch on BBC, rather than paying through the nose to Murdoch and his gangsters!

They are filming cars going round in a circle ffs, how hard can it be? The cameras belong to the circuit and everyone gets the same feeds.

Who cares who is yapping along in the background, lol. Or watches pointless pit lane interviews with everyone giving PC corporate non-answers, regardless of the quality of the girl asking :p

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Actually Sky have more of their own cameras around the circuit, Jake Humphrey annoys the tits off me so I won't be watching BBC coverage

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I thought Id be watching on the BEEB .....but after watching the F1 show on Friday night I recon Ill be watching on Sky, it was slick and easily watchable.

I think their presenters and the unwillingness to criticise (in case they annoy any sponsors - Sky brings that into any sports coverage) will begin to grate after a while though.....to be fair Brundle was a decent F1 driver and Anthony Davidson didnt even make it in F1.....but DC and EJ have been there and done it all in F1, and they arent scared to criticise when they see someone doing it wrong.

C4L

RMS Regular
Aslong as I don't have to listen to EJ anymore I'm happy, what an absolute moron with the things he says. Like Davecoupe says he's been there and done it and is obviously a very good mind when its switched on but good god, I couldn't listen to him for another year.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
only thing I found Eddie Jordan to be good at was asking serious questions others wouldn't dare to ask.

Sky need someone to ask the difficult questions.

mants

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 320ci M Spor
I think Eddie Jordon is great, with him messing up abit it makes the F1 funny also.

Another thing is he just gets stuck in there after the races walks into team pit areas were he shouldnt be, gets away with it and gets the interview with the head person he wants. Not many out there would have the balls to do it.

Shaun

RMS Regular
Best bit of practice was massa binning it into the gravel lol
Love the new cameras from sky, unreal how close the car is to the ground :cool:

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
The speculated Mercedes Super DRS (F Duct) system

Mercedes_W03_Rear_Wing_Investigation.png

Love how when the adds come on the SkyF1 channel you can flick the red button on and still watch coverage

Force India and Mercedes looking strong as do Lotus and Caterham, Ferrari looking better and Red Bull looking nervous, McLaren looking VERY handy!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ted Kravitz is a clever boy. watched the first hour last night, impressive stuff from Sky!

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
Between the rear wing duct and innovative front wing design (w-duct ??), Ross Brawn is really gunning to get the the technical edge again this year.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
It sounds a bit mad alright, I doubt they want different air flow charistics ove the front wing when straight and turning.

Was there any mention on the coverage last night on what the upper and lower slots on the nose of the RB was for? The one under the nose is a carry over from last year supposedly, just more visible this year....

Marc.W

RMS Regular
Drives
Lupo GTI
Driver cooling :p but Antony Davidson commented as to why they didn't cover it up since It was wet so its anyone's guess though apparent the RB is ~13kph slower than the Merc and the McLaren on the straights

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
If it for cooling, they will have damn cold feet at 180mph lol

Ive read a few things, the one on the underside of the nose being used to blow/preload the floor being the most realistic....since it is carried over from the last car. Definately weird looking anyway.

Shaun

RMS Regular
No way is it driver cooling, they always have something up their sleve.
Anyone who watched lastnight, what was it they asked the Redbulls about something on their car and Horner couldn't give a straight answer if it was legal or not? Didnt catch it all.

C4L

RMS Regular
not sure, not driver cooling though obviously...owl Newey, he's always giving her stacks lol Impressed with sky, good job, just wish it was qualy and not practise today!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
...though apparent the RB is ~13kph slower than the Merc and the McLaren on the straights...

They were usually geared for lower top speed last year too. Argument was they were so much faster in the bends, they were better off with a lower gearing to make the most of it.

McL tried the same thing at Monza, which was why Lewis got stuck behind Schumacher - was geared to fight RB, and simply did not have the top gear to get past the Merc with the same engine as McL.

Roll on quali, see who is really wearing the big trousers :cool: All the signs are very good, unless there has been some serious sand bagging going on!

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.