F1 2015: All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

davecoupe

RMS Photographer
Drives
S14a/vRS/Jetta
I think what Lewis done was very demeaning ..... when looked at from Rosbergs position. To be fair Rosberg had just been beat and was probably on the edge, he will probably feel he had to react to show he has a set at least.

I don't like Hamilton, but I really don't think he meant it in the way Rosberg will see it, I think he was genuinely just chucking him the hat.

The look that Paddy Lowe gave Rosberg after was class, he stared him right out.

pablo

RMS Moderator
the fact that Lewis just handed Vettel his cap before throwing the one to Nico was enough to show it wasn't malicious. Im sure he was buzzing with the win and all hyper etc.

Understand Nicos reaction in truth, but the reality is he looks like a sore loser.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Hamilton chucked Rosbergs before he handed Vettels his.

I did laugh tho as said when Paddy Lowe starred straigh through Nico lol. More to say "wise up, your on national TV" lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think Lewis has been stellar this year. The mental focus and relentless drive has been, well, mental. And you could see the release of all that after the race.

Well done (y)

As for whether he enjoys playing piano and walking his dog, mixing it with stars, and has questionable dress sense - honestly, who cares, if people genuinely get upset about that then get a life, lol. Seriously.

Papers/news will write about anything that sells, and Lewis sells at the moment, so they will write about him. Hardly his fault. Nobody is forced to read unless they want to.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
As I said before, if I wanted to know what he gets up to during the week, I'll buy Heat or Flaps or whatever. BBC sport should be just that, sport. It's bad enough they give him his own column to feed his egomania.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
So don't read it then, lol, nobody forcing you - honestly cannot see the problem :grinning:

Mark Webber and several others had the column before Lewis, a behind the scenes view into the drivers and what they get up to. This year they asked Lewis. They also report on Button's triathlon charity events, tech articles, opinions from all sorts of random people including drivers.

Every single driver on the grid interact with their fans using every kind of media, just part of the deal. What should he do, sit quietly at home in contemplation or something between races?

Or is it just that the BBC has the audacity to try to get a bit more depth and interest to draw in the punters in the weeks between races?

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
*sigh*

No, I just abhor celebrity culture. I don't mind the likes of Jenson's triathlon or Fernando's cycling because F1 is a demanding sport and the fitness involved comes part and parcel with activities such as these. It gives you an insight into what an F1 driver must do and to what level to be competitive in the top tier of openwheel motorsport. Posting haircuts on instagram or going to fashion shows aren't part of that in my opinion. I'm not for one second saying he shouldn't do these things, far from it. He could take up ferret farming, it's his free time. My issue is that F1 media outlets (BBC in particular) seem obsessed with posting anything about him when it has nothing to do with his F1 career.

I know F1 is a very driver personality focused motorsport, moreso than any other motorsport in the world and it will from time to time elevate the more successful to celebrity status but christ on a bike, I don't remember it being this bad during the Vettel, Button, Alonso or Schumacher years. I don't see what I should stop reading about a sport that interests me on a technical level because its current champion is getting a new bathroom put in.

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Not a happy man :p

12193351_971336666256627_4567877110821365507_n.jpg

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
Did that actually happen? Bbc didn't show the press conference.

Funny has fk, but man that was mean of vettel, and the reporter haha.

I don't think so (couldn't find it on the bbc's post) but they may as well have with the amount of times they mentioned the championships between Lewis and Seb lol

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Yeah only thinking it probably didn't happen, just got caught up in up funny it was.

I used to hate vettel, but since he's moved to ferrari his personality is coming out better, good sense of humor, maybe under less pressure or sosomething?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Has anyone on here even seen Hamilton when he loses? He's the worst loser on the grid.

Hence why he keeps winning instead :p :innocent:

Know what you mean though, but I think he has been a lot better for it this year, more taking it on the chin and moving on instead of getting put off by it. The biggest difference in him this year.

Agree on Vettel too, more relaxed and grounded. Has made a massive difference at Ferrari, credit where credit is due.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO

Know what you mean though, but I think he has been a lot better for it this year, more taking it on the chin and moving on instead of getting put off by it. The biggest difference in him this year.

Agree on Vettel too, more relaxed and grounded. Has made a massive difference at Ferrari, credit where credit is due.

Agreed, matured this year a good bit.

Also it not like Rosberg or any other driver hasn't been a bad loser. I think Hamilton just always more open about how he feels.

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3

True but seeing his interviews after them races, you feel like slapping him and telling him to catch a grip. You lose respect for people who act like that tbh.

Vettel is a laugh in them conferences, usually Nico being the butt of the jokes. Good to see that though lol

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.