F1 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Seen that, writing been on the wall for a while. Guess he will buy a seat somewhere else, no shortage of funds at least.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
He was linked with Williams but I doubt he’ll end up there.

Looking like Wehrlein or Kubica for the Williams seat.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Mercedes helping Ferrari beat them has a definite whiff of tin foil about it, lol :joy:

That FIA politics have always favoured the main four, and especially Ferrari, is hardly a secret. That's how F1 is set up. Don't think anyone has ever pretended anything else.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Not a perfect run for Lewis, but certainly good enough. Just needs to stay out of trouble tomorrow.

Really hoped Max would clinch the top spot but the German pipped him to it... How close was that :cool: Here's hoping Max jumps Vettel at the start :innocent:

Reactions: DC.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Yep, completely agree. Behaving like a spoilt child who has never heard the word no.

One of the many reasons I have a great dislike for him.

giphy.gif

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Job done, world champion, fourth time :cool:

Great race by Max, thoroughly well deserved win.

But Vettel, lol, good recovery in fairness, but running into the rear of the championship leader, then going off the track under overtaking, etc. - nothing. Is there anything at all that would earn a Ferrari a penalty :joy:

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ferrari are hated up & down the paddock when you listen to journalists, photographers & other people within the media chat on Twitter & Instagram.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
There is no doubt that Hamilton is a fantastic driver, great to see him win the 4th championship too. I may not be the biggest fan but still.

Await the total vitriol from Jackie Stewert now!

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
Link? @pablo ?

I was watching the race live, Hamilton on the team radio crying he can’t catch up with the Renault of Sainz in front.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Another great race at COTA, really enjoyed it. Opening ceremony was pure American but sure, they need to keep growing their fan base over here so I can handily attend more races :laughing:

Pity Max got a penalty, he had the room to make it stick but gaining a podium on the last lap by having all 4 wheels off the kerb wasn’t the brightest move, especially against a red car. If it was further down the grid I don’t think he would have had the spotlight on him. It’s the “gaining an advantage” part that counts, you can drive off the track all day but if the stewards deem that you gained an advantage (i.e gain a position) by doing so, you’ll be penalized. Hate it for the guy because he had a great race and deserved it but to me the stewards made the right call. He can put it down as a relatively expensive lesson learned.

Also enjoyed Mexico. It was tense watching Lewis, Max & Seb 3-abreast into the first corner fighting for the lead, there was always going to be contact. It really was Vettels mistake again, he knew he had to be 1st or 2nd and seeing Max & Lewis pass him after he broke his front wing was something he knew he couldn’t recover from. Maybe purposely touching Hamilton, giving him a little ankle-tap? Still good watching them both fight up through the field. All it took was Max or Bottas to have a failure and Kimi would have certainly let Seb through to 2nd.

Congrats to Hamilton another Championship under the belt. I thought it was going to be a close fight to the last race but Ferrari’s technical negligence and Vettels personal issues / bad attitude sunk them this year. Mercedes kept up the consistency and Lewis didn’t let anything distract him which was a nice change, great driving all year. Who knows, Bottas might be 2nd by the end of it, he’s only 15 points behind Vettel.

Alonso's beating a dead horse with the same old "we had the fastest car today" comments. No you didn't.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.