F1 2017 : All Chat Here

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Only caught the second half of the race, Hamilton would have been out of sight had he qualified anywhere in the top 4.

Bottas really needs to pick it up next year, such a flat performance today even with all the encouragement from the pit-wall. I’d say they have their eyes on someone for 2019 & beyond, either Ocon or Ricciardo.

Old school tracks are awesome too

Dave..

RMS Regular
Only caught the second half of the race, Hamilton would have been out of sight had he qualified anywhere in the top 4.

Bottas really needs to pick it up next year, such a flat performance today even with all the encouragement from the pit-wall. I’d say they have their eyes on someone for 2019 & beyond, either Ocon or Ricciardo.

Old school tracks are awesome too
Bottas set a new lap record but I agree he looks flat in comparison to the rest of them. Riccardo was great with the late braking, pulled some amazing passes.

mk2driver

RMS Regular
Drives
Impreza Type RA
Bottas set a new lap record but I agree he looks flat in comparison to the rest of them. Riccardo was great with the late braking, pulled some amazing passes.

That was early in the race, Verstappen took the fastest lap and lap record late in the race when he pitted for fresh tyres. Prior to that Hamilton went quicker than Bottas lap anyway

lackingBHP

RMS Regular
Drives
mediocrely
He was clocking 348kph against cars doing 318kph up the hill, more down to the power of the new engine with only 2 races to go than Hamilton. I love watching when he doesn't get his own way, reminds me of when my kids were toddlers.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Redemption for Lewis :cool: He said his tyres were gone by the time he got to Kimi so not sure he could have done much more, but that was a good drive.

It does go to show the difference between the top teams and the rest though. Really two different leagues, you expect them to be able to go from last on the grid to sixth at least. Just drive in circles around the rest of the field. Anything more than fifth takes some doing though, and knocking on the door of a podium is good going.

I see Haas is getting fed up with it as well, no chance with the top teams effectively running to a different rule book.

Sainz did really well too, moving to Renault definitely looks like the right move for him.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Just glad they all don’t have Raikkonen’s personality.

Kimi is brilliant!

Grosjean has to be the king of the yappy gobsh**es though by a country mile. Loved the team radio a few races back when he was gurning about his front tyres on the last lap demanding he retired. Just in the background you could hear a massive 'SHUT UP' from the pits haha

Dave..

RMS Regular
Kimi is brilliant!

Grosjean has to be the king of the yappy gobsh**es though by a country mile. Loved the team radio a few races back when he was gurning about his front tyres on the last lap demanding he retired. Just in the background you could hear a massive 'SHUT UP' from the pits haha
He also seems to have forgotten about all the other cars he used to crash into.

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Read they are planning on cutting the number of engines allow down to 3 from 4 a year for 2018

If that goes ahead that’s going to be a heck of a lot of grid penalties

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Were they not going to reduce penalties for mechanical issues?

Could be wrong but haven't seen anything official, just everyone complaining about the current system.

If they switched to penalties for manufacturers rather than the drivers then that might work better. But it wouldn't fix the actual problem of drivers having to coast along to manage wear rather than racing. And what about customer teams, etc.

The whole thing is just a mess... But without it costs would go through the roof and we would only have two or three teams left... Rocks and hard places...

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Read they are planning on cutting the number of engines allow down to 3 from 4 a year for 2018

If that goes ahead that’s going to be a heck of a lot of grid penalties
Surely not?? Many of the drivers and teams are against the current setup for engines claiming (quite rightly in my opinion) that it’s harsh.

As for Hamilton, what a drive! That’s bound to silence some of his critics!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Surely not?? Many of the drivers and teams are against the current setup for engines claiming (quite rightly in my opinion) that it’s harsh.

As for Hamilton, what a drive! That’s bound to silence some of his critics!

Yea down to 3 for next year. Harsh on the independent teams when a component they don’t make fails & it costs them a points finish etc.

Hamilton will never silence his critics.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.