F1 2019: ALL CHAT HERE

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Watched the Formula E race there.

Good racing, much better than F1. Looks very even through the field too. But all those random gimmicks - attack mode, fan boost, etc. - didn't really add anything to me. More Mario than racing.

Great drive by Vergne (y)

The nail in the coffin was those random "technical infringements" drive through pit penalties to do with energy deployment. Que? Lol :joy:

Apparently it's so tight that spinning a wheel can trigger a penalty. So they effectively calibrate traction control to avoid that and control energy deployment. And getting it the slightest bit wrong incurs a drive through penalty.

I get why they need the rule, but still...

Dave..

RMS Regular
Been reading some positive news about Michael Schumacher today. Jean Todt saying they watched Hamilton win his 5th championship together and talks of moving him to a more specialized treatment facility in Texas in January.
That would be great.

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
@stevyg
To order your copy of Winnow Your Words: Kimi’s Book of Haiku for £9.99 plus postage and handling please visit Autosport.com/kimibook

"Sorry, we are currently unable to complete your order because either we don't ship to your country or you have products with mixed payment types in your basket.
Please call Customer Services on 0844 543 0064 (UK), +44 1604 251043 (International) to complete your order."

SMH It has a USA shipping option...Bastids. I'll have to ship to the rents house.

Dave..

RMS Regular
"Sorry, we are currently unable to complete your order because either we don't ship to your country or you have products with mixed payment types in your basket.
Please call Customer Services on 0844 543 0064 (UK), +44 1604 251043 (International) to complete your order."

SMH It has a USA shipping option...Bastids. I'll have to ship to the rents house.
I can buy a copy and post it to you, let me know?

stevyg

RMS Regular
OP
stevyg
Appreciate the offer. I ordered one and shipped to the rents house but emailed Autosport to see if they can just ship it directly to me.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Formula E thread started here:
Formula E 2019

Mods: can we make that a sticky thread too please? And maybe move the Formula E discussion here over to that thread?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
Schumacher's 50th birthday yesterday. Good old Benson had this to say, thought it was fair.

Michael Schumacher: reflections on the career of F1 great as he turns 50

I guess the pendulum between greatest driver and greatest cheat will go on swinging forever. Same with Prost in fairness, and both of them products of their times.

It's actually amazing that we now have two drivers on the grid who could potentially get close to or maybe even exceed Michael's records.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Schumacher's 50th birthday yesterday. Good old Benson had this to say, thought it was fair.

Michael Schumacher: reflections on the career of F1 great as he turns 50

I guess the pendulum between greatest driver and greatest cheat will go on swinging forever. Same with Prost in fairness, and both of them products of their times.

It's actually amazing that we now have two drivers on the grid who could potentially get close to or maybe even exceed Michael's records.

Both Schumacher and Prost were very, very clever.

What always goes unsaid in instances like this is that Senna was just as bad, and also seemed more hot blooded.

Schumacher was able to mould a team around himself, and made use of loopholes whilst they were available. That is all part and parcel of being the best. Some instances weren't great like punting Hill off. But it made for great media having a 'nasty German' for some people to hate.

Deckz

RMS Regular
Drives
Cars
CFF7D0BD-5D55-4438-9965-E39154C879B6.png

3C04DC02-84C6-47F1-A8FD-60411E2F27EE.png

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
i would say that would be a good day out ect

if it’s not snowing like last year lol

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
Drives
FK2 CTR
That actually looks like decent value and a good day out (y)

Just a shame it's racing point and Lance Stroll, lol, but beggars can't be choosers :innocent:

Do other teams do days like that as well?

I think the "Force India" name is how they got around getting their hands on the Force India prize money. It would all technically be forfeit along with team points, etc., if the team actually folded and then got bought up. Lots of teams down the grid were less than impressed by that manoeuvre, but I think it was fair enough as the team earned that money by putting in a great performance last year.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.