F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I still honestly don't think there is any personal agenda here.

But there is an agenda to use any tool at their disposal to create "excitement", be it penalising the top car(s) (just happens to be Lewis/Mercedes), or messing with safety car release points, or more red flags/restarts, or banning engine modes (fat lot of difference that made, lol :innocent: ), or reverse grids, or whatever.

It's a rock and a hard place too. We are all forever moaning about how boring it is. And they can't magically change the formula to fix the actual problem - the aero that won't allow racing. So here we are.

It's not the fault of the Stewards, they're just doing as they are told.

It comes from the race director. And he takes his orders from Brawn and Carey. Where the buck stops.

Like Lewis himself says, it is what it is, just put it behind them and come back stronger in next race.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Yep, good track and at this time of year it will be anything can happen Sunday up there 😁

Reactions: KHI

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
I still honestly don't think there is any personal agenda here.

But there is an agenda to use any tool at their disposal to create "excitement", be it penalising the top car(s) (just happens to be Lewis/Mercedes), or messing with safety car release points, or more red flags/restarts, or banning engine modes (fat lot of difference that made, lol :innocent: ), or reverse grids, or whatever.

It's a rock and a hard place too. We are all forever moaning about how boring it is. And they can't magically change the formula to fix the actual problem - the aero that won't allow racing. So here we are.

It's not the fault of the Stewards, they're just doing as they are told.

It comes from the race director. And he takes his orders from Brawn and Carey. Where the buck stops.

Like Lewis himself says, it is what it is, just put it behind them and come back stronger in next race.

I don’t think it’s anything personal either but the inconsistency of the stewards decisions is beyond farcical.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
Have to agree, I don’t think or believe it’s personal not racial. I don’t think it would matter who the driver was if they were in that position. I believe the stewards may be under pressure from Liberty media to try and spice things up, to as others have said, stop it being a one horse race.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Nope, don't think he did.

Just the usual balls to keep the haters hating.

Not that I understand why people are so threatened by equality anyway, but that's a different discussion.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I see Lewis getting a lot of flak for playing the race card but afaik he never mentioned it at all? Am I mistaken?
I think some of the things can possibly be construed as him implying racial issues, but that’s about when he mentioned how hard he had to work to get where he is and that it’s nothing new. However even I feel that’s one hell of a stretch to get that inference!

pablo

RMS Moderator
I follow a few F1 pages on FB and its full of trolling bastids who DESPISE hamilton (@scub is probably on there lol) and if Im honest its ruining the sport for me. I really must stop looking but FB just loves drawing you in

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
I follow a few F1 pages on FB and its full of trolling bastids who DESPISE hamilton (@scub is probably on there lol) and if Im honest its ruining the sport for me. I really must stop looking but FB just loves drawing you in
I have to agree here. Sport was much simpler before social media! I remember banter and heated discussions as a child/young adult about various teams and drivers and who was better, but it never seemed to descend into the same utter hate filled drivel that you see written online.

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
yeah its actual hatred. scary
Nothing more than that really. Pure, unadulterated judgemental hatred, and for no reason other than someone is successful in the field they’re in! I mean people can be picky and focus on people’s personality when they’re being interviewed etc... but that’s a tiny peep hole into what they’re really like in most cases.

Like many of us in the “real world” we all have our moments where we appear less than favourable looking to others. Sports stars are no different.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
That was one of the reasons I got off Facebook. People are just, by and large, awful. I'm on Instagram still however and follow various drivers, teams as well as NFL and european football accounts and outside of the russian sex bot accounts and the emoji only accounts, some of the comments are just as bad. Reporting them does no good either. Social media is a curse.

scub

Banned
haha😆... moi....
nope wouldn't waste my time on suchlike.
sussed out long ago that fb is either an echo chamber to confirm even the most ridiculous opinions or a place to get worked up about people you'll never meet with an opposing view to yours.
but yep - hands up I do have an irrational dislike of the little turd.
the reasons for which are many & varied but none involve jealousy in any way.
but sure life would be dull if we all agreed on everything 🙄

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Deleted Facebook 3 weeks ago and I’m pleased I did.
A person like Hamilton is divisive to the outside world but those who spend time round him would tell a different story. He is on a pedestal to be shot down and anything he does that draws attention- be it a T-shirt, a social media post or something on the track he will inevitably attract criticism.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think he will be ok if maybe not exceptional to be honest. But good to see him on the grid and happy to be proven wrong.

Big shoes to fill! Feel a bit sorry for him the way he is being pushed and promoted. But then again all doors are wide open and he gets opportunities few people do so maybe happy days, lol :innocent:

Reactions: DC.

sam_9n

RMS Regular
5245234C-09BC-463F-BFA3-EAAA0ED96C82.jpeg

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.