F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I was thinking it might be Perez and Hulk in to Haas, but I could see Schumacher instead of Hulk.

Perez brings the money, Schumacher lots of media interest and attention.

I'd say you are right either Schumacher to Haas or Alfa seeing as both have Ferrari links.

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
Heavy rumours of Mazepin for Haas, which makes sense. Brings a lot of money and makes Stroll look poor.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
I'm still hoping Hulk will end up in Albon's seat but I think it's more likely Gasly will be promoted from AT.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Gasly, allegedly, has his eye on a Renault seat for 2022 so maybe doesn’t want to commit to Red Bull.

KHI

RMS Regular
Drives
very early!
Yeah it does look like Mazepin is going to Haas and Mick Schumacher to Alfa Romeo.It seems there is a slim chance of Perez or Hulkenberg going to Redbull if Albon continues to underperform,I would really like to see Perez in a Redbull,I think he is a more solid driver than Hulkenberg.

As for Grosjean,how on earth he kept a seat in F1 for so long is beyond me.He was so bad he even crashed under safety car conditions during the Azerbaijan Grand Prix.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Musical chairs :innocent:

Ferrari driver in one Haas seat, and Perez or Mazepin in the other? Makes sense for everyone.

There is at least one seat at Alfa as well is there not?

kharma45

RMS Regular
Drives
981 S / 530d
The only thing about someone like Hulk or Perez to RBR is it defeats the purpose of their young driver academy.

Who was the last non-RBR driver to drive for the team, Webber? Ever since they've been academy drivers. I would have assumed RBR would want to stick with that so the drivers they have on their books see a future at the team to aspire towards.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Haas put it pretty bluntly on their insta. Not even a best wishes lol
Screenshot_20201022_105313_com.instagram.android.jpg

KHI

RMS Regular
Drives
very early!
I think it was actually that nutter Marko the head of their academy that said they would consider Perez or Hulk.It would be egg on his face hiring outside the academy but how long can RBR continue without a consistent high scoring 2nd driver.It really limits their race strategy for Max and the team to have their 2nd driver so far down in positions.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
But what actual or potential top driver would accept forever being absolute number 2 to Max? They'll never get equal opportunity. Ric left because of it, arguably Vettel jumped the ship too.

They've already tried Gasly, etc. There's a new RB driver about to start testing, but that's about it.

Hulk/Perez would do the job as second driver very well, just like Bottas to Lewis - get the manufacturer points in while not rocking the boat too much.

Who the flip knows, lol, we'll see when the music stops :innocent:

KHI

RMS Regular
Drives
very early!
But what actual or potential top driver would accept forever being absolute number 2 to Max? They'll never get equal opportunity. Ric left because of it, arguably Vettel jumped the ship too.

I think with the situation that Perez and Hulk are in they would jump at the chance at a drive with RBR even knowing they'd play second fiddle,they are good drivers but they're certainly not up there with Hammy and Max.

Vettel left because Danny Ric beat him and I guess the chance to emulate his hero Schumi with Ferrari too.For me Vettel being beaten so easily by Danny Ric and Leclerc shows how average a driver Mark Webber was in F1.Vettel also needs a very well planted rear end which he had in the blown diffuser years.He is a good driver but can't cope with oversteer very well hence his many spins in recent years.I think one of the things that has drawn him to Racing Point is that he will have the 2020 Mercedes gearbox and rear suspension next year,I don't think he'll do too bad next year with Racing Point but it will be interesting though how he compares with Stroll.

Gambit

RMS Regular
Quite looking forward to Portimao this weekend, always thought the track looked class with its undulations anytime the WSB was at it, be interesting to see it from an F1 perspective

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
It's a brilliant wee track, should hopefully work really well!

This year has been a bit of a treat with a lot of oldschool proper tracks returning to make up the shortfall. Just goes to show how good they are compared to the generic modern tracks.

Just add in Canada, America, Suzuka, and Brazil and it would be perfect :cool:

KHI

RMS Regular
Drives
very early!
Agreed,Mugello certainly produced the goods.it was pretty mind blowing watching the onboard camera there.
I wouldn't mind Sepang returning to the calendar,it is a Tilke track but the racing was always good.I am looking forward to Istanbul Park especially watching the current cars through turn 8.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Sad to see Russell may be getting the boot for a pay driver. Year out then into Mercedes?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I was always under the impression Russell was bringing some sort of money to Williams but maybe they just got a discounted engine deal for giving him a seat. All hush so far from Williams on any of their future plans.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Heard that about Russell too, that's annoying. He did another sterling job today.

Somebody like Perez will bring a lot of cash though and he's not too slow either. Just depends how much support Russel can get from Mercedes.

I really thought Bottas had got the qualifying nailed with that last lap. But nope, Lewis again, lol. Must be soul destroying.

RB are so close, just not quite.

Good effort by Albon too.

That track looks absolutely fantastic, would love to get out there for a few laps! Definitely one for the bucket list.

We'll see tomorrow how it works for overtaking, might be all into corner 1 just like Mugello.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Looks increasingly like Albon will vacate his seat at the end of this season. Do Red Bull go with Hulkenberg or Perez? There is nobody in the Red Bull ‘stable’ ready to step up so they will have to look elsewhere.

Number of potential seats still available:
Red Bull 1
Williams 1
Haas 2
Alfa Romeo 2
Alpha Tauri 2

Lots of moving and shaking to come over the next while 😊

Reactions: KHI

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
Looks increasingly like Albon will vacate his seat at the end of this season. Do Red Bull go with Hulkenberg or Perez? There is nobody in the Red Bull ‘stable’ ready to step up so they will have to look elsewhere.

Number of potential seats still available:
Red Bull 1
Williams 1
Haas 2
Alfa Romeo 2
Alpha Tauri 2

Lots of moving and shaking to come over the next while 😊

and merc hamilton hasn’t signed up yet

i am not a hamilton fan but if he went to red bull next year and won 👍

Reactions: DC.
Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.