F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I’d imagine Mercedes will offer Hamilton a similar contract to his last, copy, paste and change the dates over.
Be even better if Mercedes supplied Red Bull with an engine for 2022 and Hamilton still beat Verstappen.

Hamilton is key to the Mercedes/AMG/EQC brands appealing to a younger more diverse group than the regular Mercedes clientele.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Looks increasingly like Albon will vacate his seat at the end of this season. Do Red Bull go with Hulkenberg or Perez? There is nobody in the Red Bull ‘stable’ ready to step up so they will have to look elsewhere.

Number of potential seats still available:
Red Bull 1
Williams 1
Haas 2
Alfa Romeo 2
Alpha Tauri 2

Lots of moving and shaking to come over the next while 😊

They were saying during qualifying that Alfa are keeping both drivers for next season.... Though I've also read that Mick Schumacher has signed a 1 year deal with them already. But Kimi will still be there.

Reactions: DC.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Anybody else read about the link between RB and BMW for engines next year. Apparently its been an on going project

Saw an interview with Christian Horner where he was taking about a transfer of Intellectual Property re the engine from Honda and RB doing their own engines based on where Honda are currently at. He wanted and engine development freeze though as it wouldn't work form them otherwise

scub

Banned
Saw an interview with Christian Horner where he was taking about a transfer of Intellectual Property re the engine from Honda and RB doing their own engines based on where Honda are currently at. He wanted and engine development freeze though as it wouldn't work form them otherwise
well somebody knows.
even years back Hamilton's move from mclaren to Mercedes wasnt any type of coincidence.
he was able to move from 1 shoe in team to the next.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
25+ seconds behind at the flag is a real hammering for Bottas. Just slow once he got overtaken and was fortunate Verstappen was a good bit behind.

Albon had a real shocker; being lapped and finishing outside the points is no help to Red Bull. They have nothing to lose by switching him out of there before the next race.

Same situation for Vettel and FerrarI - they might as well try Schumacher in that car for a weekend. Why not?

Blackie

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 520d SE
A commanding race by Hamilton! That’s bound to shut up some of the Hamilton haters, because he lost the start, but just kept at it, got the lead back and just kept pushing and pushing that lead out!

Not sure what got into Stroll today!

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Job done 😁

The in-car was telling. All calm in Lewis' cabin. Bottas working much harder, car sliding around, seemed like he struggled to get the tyres to work.

Same with Max.

I have no idea what it is Lewis does that the others don't but he's just operating at a different level at the moment.

Stroll - bad hair day 😅 He's had good races recently but this wasn't one of them! Good thing they took him out of the race before he did more damage...

Perez - continuing to make a mockery of the RP decision to kick him out.

Good luck to them with Vettel :innocent:

Kimi - driver of the day for me, great wheel to wheel action :cool:

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Job done 😁

The in-car was telling. All calm in Lewis' cabin. Bottas working much harder, car sliding around, seemed like he struggled to get the tyres to work.

Same with Max.

I have no idea what it is Lewis does that the others don't but he's just operating at a different level at the moment.

Stroll - bad hair day 😅 He's had good races recently but this wasn't one of them! Good thing they took him out of the race before he did more damage...

Perez - continuing to make a mockery of the RP decision to kick him out.

Good luck to them with Vettel :innocent:

Kimi - driver of the day for me, great wheel to wheel action :cool:
Hamilton was very coy when he was asked after the race what he does to keep himself prepared and so consistent week to week. Years ago he spoke about this black book he would take with him to every race which had tips and tricks he had learned over the years to get the most out of the track. I often wonder does he still use it. I hope he writes a book someday. A proper tell all book and not some PR book like his last one.

Robert

RMS Trader
Perhaps Gasly’s seat at RBR came too soon? good to see him do so well after getting demoted, it was bound to be a kick in the balls, but sometimes less expectation bring out the best in drivers.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Pure slippy sausage those first few laps, Max said he saw Kimi along side him at turn 1 and thought what the hell is going on? Didn't you start 16th?! :joy:We needed just 1 safety car or a drop more rain to add to the chaos but still a good race with plenty of overtaking and battles. It was nice to see a McLaren out front for a while. At least Vettel didn't spin. I'll be gutted if Russell gets the boot, in a better car I think he's up there with Leclerc & Norris he definitely deserves a seat. I really like Albon but it's clear he needs to go, like now. I'd bring in a few drivers to test for the remainder of the season, they need a driver to push Max not one that's out of the points. Gasly had an amazing drive especially considering his team mate was last but I don't think RB should take him back, he had his chance and he will make the team look like such idiots if he doesn't pull his weight at RB.
An impressive win from Hamilton, the start shows he's still human but his experience just shone and his ability to make the tyres last is just one example that shows he's on a different level to Bottas in the same car. I never thought I'd see anyone get close to 91 wins but here we are. History has been re-written.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I see Alfa have confirmed Kimi and Giovanazzi are staying for next year.

Probably not the worst thing tbh!

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
…and Williams have confirmed Russell and Latifi for next year too.

Haas expected to confirm Mazepin and Schumacher too.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I honestly thought Kimi was retiring. Ah well, still life in the old boy 😁

Must be a nightmare being a young driver coming through when the old guard seemingly go on for ever and refuse to roll over :joy:

Haas officially the second Ferrari team then 😇

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That was close throughout the field!

Well done Bottas, see if he can hold on to it this time.

And Russell on fire, lol.

Paddy_R

RMS Regular
Loving all the old school tracks delivering proper tight grids (after the Mercs). They look great too, hopefully the race can live up to it now.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.