F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
In fairness Max brought a lot of aggressive driving in his first few seasons in F1.

This one has it nailed 😁

Again I know absolutely nothing about the guy but I don't doubt for a second it's all true, lol.

I did work for one of those billon dollar one man Russian outfits for a while, boy oh boy the goings on there. From the boys racing Ferraris down Bolshoy Prospekt every night in St Petersburg to "deals" with Putin, lol 😅

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
It seems Haas have found the ideal replacement for Magnussen! Be nice if the FIA revoked his Super License for his off track actions.

Nazor

RMS Regular
Drives
306 Dimma
Regards Russell | Bottas | Hamilton

First I think Russell was awesome and without doubt the future of Merc F1 team but I think that if that had been Hamilton in that race he would have streaked off into the distance. Russell was pulling time on Bottas on most laps but on one particular sector he was having issues. He did eventually start to pull away though and overall his performance was incredible and one that surprised me. I knew he would do well but I wasn't expecting him to lead so convincingly.

Bottas is an excellent driver and as fast as Lewis on his best day but the consistency simply isn't there. I am not sure about the whole Russell being used for negotiation of Lewis' contract. One race does not negate what Lewis has brought to the team. Russell is well capable of being the next Hamilton and will be every bit as good as him in his career potentially.

Hamilton | Bottas
Max | Perez
Russell at Williams

Russell to Mercedes
Bottas to Williams

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
that wee fella will ruin the grid if he stays around.
chances of him doing something stupid again and getting the boot?
or would daddies money kep him there regardless?

pablo

RMS Moderator
I love the media:

George Russell 'will sit in our car' - Mercedes admit Bottas could be replaced next year​

George Russell has a chance to replace Valtteri Bottas at Mercedes next season after an impressive display in the Sakhir Grand Prix last weekend. That's according to Toto Wolff who replied 'you never know' when asked about the possibility of the 22-year-old joining them in 2021.

FML :worried:

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Lol :joy:

It could be brilliant though!

Merc: Lewis + George
RB: Max + Perez/Hulk
Ferrari: LeClerk + Sainz

Really throw the cats among the pigeons 😁

Next year would be the perfect time to be honest. All records sorted, and basically a gap year anyway before the new regs. Let them fight it out in 2021 and have the teams settled in time for new regs in 2022. Give the whole team at Merc, including Lewis, a big shove to go yet one more step. It does make sense 😎

KevM

RMS Regular
I think Max & Perez could properly trouble Mercedes for the manufacturers, if Bottas did another year.

Sergio would bring a good solid consistency to RB and pick up the pieces nicely when Max gets impatient & stacks it

Robert

RMS Trader
Lol :joy:

It could be brilliant though!

Merc: Lewis + George
RB: Max + Perez/Hulk
Ferrari: LeClerk + Sainz

Really throw the cats among the pigeons 😁

Next year would be the perfect time to be honest. All records sorted, and basically a gap year anyway before the new regs. Let them fight it out in 2021 and have the teams settled in time for new regs in 2022. Give the whole team at Merc, including Lewis, a big shove to go yet one more step. It does make sense 😎

Don’t forget about the pink merc’s as well, could Vettel get his mojo back?

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
I hope he does but Perez has set a high bar for him to match. He will have a grace period of a few races, the flyaways essentially, to get his bearings but after that he needs to deliver.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
In fairness Max brought a lot of aggressive driving in his first few seasons in F1.

This one has it nailed 😁

Again I know absolutely nothing about the guy but I don't doubt for a second it's all true, lol.

I did work for one of those billon dollar one man Russian outfits for a while, boy oh boy the goings on there. From the boys racing Ferraris down Bolshoy Prospekt every night in St Petersburg to "deals" with Putin, lol 😅

I read a book called Red Notice and it was about a guy called Bill Browder from London who ran a pension fund and moved to Russia. Incredible read about the going ons over there. He is now in hiding in case Putin poisons him. Really opened my eyes.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
He's basically just won the lottery, enjoy it while it lasts 😁 :cool: Be it a week or a year or whatever!

Last edited:

sam_9n

RMS Regular
any news on Lewis driving this weekend?

798EA00C-0804-40D2-832B-2FCDBB5CF371.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
That takes the pressure off everyone for a bit then, lol. We'll see in January who is driving what :innocent:

Burt2000

RMS Regular
Drives
Type RA Ltd
That noise!....I was lucky enough to get to see the V8’s at Monza in 2013 before they changed to hybrids. I’ve a video somewhere, the red bulls were the loudest that day.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.