F1 2020

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
I would love to see George Russell get a decent seat however this all shakes out. If Vettel calls it a day maybe there would be an option for him to get a half decent seat. If Ferrari put Giovinazzi in the seat I’ll have lost all faith.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Ric has no business at Ferrari - fun guy but aint gonna win them a title and isnt going to play second fiddle to CL

Delboy23

RMS Regular
Drives
EP3
I’d say vettel will be on the phone to toto about a potential seat. Toto is interested saying “naturally we must take this development into consideration."

Cost Hamilton his bargaining for his 50 million a season he wants

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
Here we go again... It's an annual occurrence now, lol...
Silverstone are just being greedy though.

Read an article there to say Riccardo has signed for McLaren for 2021

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
It’s looking like his only option of a drive. Can’t see him at Aston Martin/Racing Point.

Seems like Sainz and Ricciardo could be both announced this week.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I think Vettel has had enough to be honest, no point languishing away just to make up the numbers.

He's off for a nice retirement in sports cars, maybe give the triple crown a go.

pablo

RMS Moderator
Id quite like the idea of going to a smaller team and helping build them up but in reality you just look like a has been who cant cut it any more

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
In a dream world I’d love him to go to Williams and offer to drive FOC and help drag them back up the grid. All of which isn’t going to materialise but still, one can dream.

Robert

RMS Trader
Is it not a case of Vettel relies on the team rather than Vettel makes the team? The RB wonder years was down to the dominance of the car he was given, and look how the dummy was spat out when they no longer had the best car on the grid. As good as merc and Hamilton are, it could have been vettel with a championship recently if everything gelled properly, silly mistakes by him and the team screwed that up. I can’t see him have the patience or the skill to develop a lesser team further up the grid.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
In a dream world I’d love him to go to Williams and offer to drive FOC and help drag them back up the grid. All of which isn’t going to materialise but still, one can dream.

He would need some serious engineering input. Likes of Russell is by no means a bad driver at all and he didn't get results in the car.

I'd love something like that to happen too, but I don't think the perfect storm of Todt, Schumacher and Brawn happens too ofter unfortunately!

Reactions: DC.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Good luck to Carlos at Ferrari. I think he’s potentially a great driver and seems to be a genuinely nice lad. If he turns out like his old man he’ll be OK.

At least all this has given us something to talk about :grinning:

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5
20200514_064451.jpg

Jrooney06

RMS Regular
Drives
F30 M Sport
Now who gets the Renault seat? Alonso? Vettel? Or could we even see someone like Kyvat or Gasly.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Ocon is already a Renault driver. Ricciardo’s teammate for this season.

Looking increasingly like Alonso will return to Reno

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.