F1 2021

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
They know themselves a win or even a podium is unlikely most weekends so success to them is different. Gasly’s win was great to see again.

Chris tii

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW 2002tii
Episode 6 for me loving it so far

On the Merc episode they really don’t make it obvious of the number 2 position of Bottas. He wins the race instead of celebrating at the podium Toto is in the stewards gurning about Hamilton’s penalty then when Bottas gets back to the motorhome all the engineers have left. It’s obvious it was Hamilton’s team but **** me lads don’t make it as obvious

I didn’t even pick up on that. Dear love him, drinking his wee beer on his own in his room.

Petem86

RMS Regular
Drives
'15 Golf R
I think bottas could be a great assassin, that steely finnish look he has at times, but perhaps he can be too nice.
"its ok, just tell anyone you talk to, that i got you"

carmad.

RMS Regular
Drives
good old bird
what’s everyone’s thoughts on this year ??

merc ? hamilton merc engine
aston ? vettel merc engine
mclaren ? ricardo merc engine
red bull ? 2022 honda engine
alpine ? alonso future camera man with gp2 engine

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Hopefully McLaren can turn it into a 3-way fight for the podium. They seem to have had a great winter integrating the Mercedes PU into their chassis and finding a diffuser loophole along the way. Ricciardo should push them on.

Interesting to see how Perez gets on at Red Bull - will he be the new Mark Webber ie not allowed to challenge the golden boy?

Mick Schumacher should impress once he gets a few races behind him. I wonder if Ferrari can shift him over to Alfa Romeo if it suits them?

Who knows what sort of form Ferrari can show. Will they still be hampered by their engine? Or have they served the FIA punishment for their cheating?

Lots to look forward to.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Merc v Red Bull. Nobody else in it by the looks of it, but behind them it's all up for grabs.

We'll see soon who is really on top. Everyone has had a few weeks to fine tune and fix problems. Test was pretty inconclusive except RB appeared to go well out of the box.

impact

RMS Regular
Drives
GT86
Interesting to see how Perez gets on at Red Bull - will he be the new Mark Webber ie not allowed to challenge the golden boy?

Will be interesting if that happens as from memory he wasn't fond of listening to team orders once racing.

Reactions: DC.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Oh he will be a definite number 2 at RB, that's a given. There to pick up manufacture points and not rock the boat.

Will be interesting to see how he copes with that. And what his real pace will be. Nobody else other than Max has been able to drive that car for whatever reason. Except Ric, and he wasn't allowed to challenge either.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
I think there may be a few stand out performances from Perez but he won't give Max too much hassle overall, team orders or not.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Looks like advantage RB still after practice, but very close throughout the field.

McL doing well too, that's nice to see.

Old Boys lagging behind their team mates - Vettel, Alonso, etc.

We'll see later today what is what!

KHI

RMS Regular
Drives
very early!
It might also be that Mercedes has something up its sleeve, with what is believed to be a super-cooling system within the inlet plenum for short bursts of extra power

Taken from The Race website.
I wonder if Mercedes have used this or are they going to,if they bag pole they seem to have enough race pace to stay ahead,really looking forward to qualifying when the sandbags are discarded by all.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Verstappen for an easy pole today. The fight for 2nd and 3rd should be decent with both Mercedes, Perez and maybe an Alpha Tauri or McLaren in there.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.