F1 2022

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
...and all the RB die-hards still attribute that overspeed to the driver. 🙈

to be fair this is probably the first time ever RB have had the fastest car in a straight line. For the past number of years the Merc has been much faster than anything else.

Max has the best car right now and is making the most of it, plus RB are pretty much on-point with their strategies and pit stops

ka88

RMS Regular
Drives
Porsche 997 C2S
I fixed that for you.

You can disregard Perez from that, as I think both Mercs passed him.
Max is so far ahead in the championship now, I can't think what they would be gaining from holding Sergio back at this stage. But who knows what games go on :grinning:

john87

RMS Regular
Drives
E46 M3
A7A56889-DA15-402D-8C23-0FE17559338A.png

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
They're still using him as a test driver for Max. In fairness Mercedes did the same with Bottas last year. It's what you do as a team if you really want to win - all eggs in one basket and the whole team lined up behind that.

Mercedes didn't this weekend. And Ferrari haven't all season, they've been flipping between Charles and Sainz by the weekend.

I think we all prefer drivers being able to race within the team. RB don't work like that.

I know we do a bit of kicking of Mercedes at the moment, and much of it justified. But they're fighting for second in constructors now.

The "rule changes" seem to have affected Ferrari. But RB have come out even stronger after a no-dev summer. Make of that what you will, lol :innocent:

e320mark

RMS Regular
So Carlos had a 3 wheeled pit stop. The last one I can remember is Irvine, guess who was at the race yesterday, yes Irvine, he flew out of the city at 7 am yesterday

stevyg

RMS Regular
I like that track, it's a little small and short for F1 cars but it did hide some of the differences in the cars. Merc and Ferrari dropped the ball, again. Good call by Russell, the car behind does have the advantage when it come to decision making.
Good result for Lando & I like Buttons commentary, he's one of the most rational guys behind the mic.
Leclercs face says it all. Such a shame, I've been rooting for him and if Ferrari keep their same strategy team it's not going to change next year. The rule changes seem to be hurting Ferrari even more, the on boards show significant bouncing.
Max has the fastest car by far & Perez is his mule. Max pulled like 20 seconds in 15 laps on Perez & pulled 5 seconds on GR in a couple of laps after he got past him. That's all car. Have to give it to RB, their strategy & pitstops are on fire this year. I think if Max took the rest of the year off Leclerc honestly still wouldn't catch him.
Loving the new DRS graphics too.
AT releasing a statement saying it's "unacceptable" for anyone to think they purposely manipulated the outcome of the race.....lmao. If anyone has a reason as to why a driver should be strapped back into a last place twice lapped broken car and sent back on track other than to help the sister team, I'm all ears. Very convenient for Max when it looked like he wasn't going to win. If it was a championship deciding move there would be a stink.

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Realistically, it's not like RB have to scrape every point to win currently. I can't see why they'd risk such a move when it's not like they're desperate right now. But everyone loves to hate them so why let rationality get in the way of that.
I think this is the truth of it to be honest.

Still begs the question why AT did what they did, but probably their own stupidity than anything else.