F1 2022

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
I’ve still not watched a race this year, by the sounds of it I’ve done the right thing, Verstappen and Horner = ****s of the highest order
Bring on the indycar decider

To be fair they are a lot less insufferable this year 😂

MarkM

RMS Regular
i have some spare red bull shirts if you want a lend off one ?

Do you need it back?

Saoirse Ronan Burn GIF by LittleWomen

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
In situations like that, when lapped cars are in between the leaders, why don’t the lapped cars pull aside and let the pack through then just fall in behind them?

Would save them having to do a lap to catch the back of the pack.

This weekend has been a mess for the FIA. The farce that was qualifying and the number of penalties which meant nobody knew the actual grid until hours after Q3.

Then the ‘unpopular’ end to the race.

I think if a race has to finish behind a SC then so be it, sometimes it cannot be helped. But avoiding it at the detriment of the sport is another thing.

You cannot always have cars racing toward the chequered flag.

big_pete

RMS Regular
Drives
Soulless pos
Yea I don’t really get the complaining. This is the exact thing that ruined the 2021 championship, I’m glad to see them adhering to the rules, as full as that may be as an ending.

Edit to add

Have to agree with him. Wouldn’t have said he was awful at Renault but he definitely isn’t a world championship contender. He could have been on for a decent result today if he hadn’t DNFd but that’s a rare good performance and the grid certainly helped today

Bryan

RMS Regular
Yea I don’t really get the complaining. This is the exact thing that ruined the 2021 championship, I’m glad to see them adhering to the rules, as full as that may be as an ending.

Edit to add

Have to agree with him. Wouldn’t have said he was awful at Renault but he definitely isn’t a world championship contender. He could have been on for a decent result today if he hadn’t DNFd but that’s a rare good performance and the grid certainly helped today

Which further clarifies that what happened last year was well and truely wrong. If they had done exactly what they did today then there would have been a totally different outcome.

I still don't understand how they applied the rules correctly when some cars appeared to be allowed to pass the safety car with the exception (it seems) of those between Max and Charles?

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
Bit of an anticlimax but those are the rules. We've been over it time and again, it really is the only way to do it safely so that's how it is.

I don't think it made any difference to the outcome. Ferrari, Mercedes, they were passing Perez old RB with ease. But Max' new RB car was running circles round the field. He was doing DRS passes with no DRS...

On the same tyres at the restart, Charles on scrubbed and Max on brand new ones, I don't think it would have changed the lead. Maybe swapped a few random places behind.

Great recovery drives by Sainz and Lewis.

That was it really...

Bryan

RMS Regular
I'm not complaining about the ending under a safety car, it is what it is. I am questioning why some cars were allowed to unlap themselves and others weren't (again)?

Phil_EK9

RMS Regular
Drives
FN2 CTR/E36
I'm not complaining about the ending under a safety car, it is what it is. I am questioning why some cars were allowed to unlap themselves and others weren't (again)?

They probably stopped letting them past when they realised they weren't going to get to restart the race.

DC.

RMS Regular
Drives
VW Golf GTI
Nyck might get another go. Serious stuff that for Alex.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Snoozefest glaore. The safety car champion strikes again - Ferrari's plans span the full alphabet but Max wins with his eyes closed.
Another walk in the park, engine penalty starting 7th and was up to the podium positions in 1 lap with no DRS or slipstream, just pulled to the side and flew past. The speed difference between his & Perez car is hilarious.
Nyck had a great run, I watched his onboard after he pulled into pit row and he called the team to come lift him out of the car because he couldn't move his arms.
Sainz & Hamilton had great recoveries, Norris & Gasly had great races too pity Norris had such a bad start.

Finishing under the Safety car made it anticlimactic but those are the rules. I think if there are more than 5 laps left they should red flag it and restart behind the SC. I don't like re-doing the standing starts, it's a crap shoot and recipe for another SC/red flag. Max was winning that no matter what though so it didn't matter. Ferrari needed Max to have a DNF to win that one.

Well done to the FIA for working for years to create new rules that give us closer racing to us this season. Last season 2 guys equal on points into the last race, this year it's going to be over with 6 races left.....7 races if Russia wasn't dropped.

Just realised Nyck is beating GOATifi in the drivers championship lol

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
Well done to the FIA for working for years to create new rules that give us closer racing to us this season. Last season 2 guys equal on points into the last race, this year it's going to be over with 6 races left.....7 races if Russia wasn't dropped.

Tbf the start of the year had plenty of racing at the front, they can't do much about one team running away with it. Damned if they do damned if they don't.

stevyg

RMS Regular
Tbf the start of the year had plenty of racing at the front, they can't do much about one team running away with it. Damned if they do damned if they don't.
The start was great but only because RB had so many DNFs & double DNF the first few races. Once they got their :poop: together its been a breeze.