F1 2024

svensktoppen

RMS Regular
OP
svensktoppen
Drives
FK2 CTR
I really think they should just call the season off right now. Hand a couple of medals to Max and Red Bull, seal the Red Bull car and padlock all their offices and factories. Then let the rest of the field spend and test as much as they like for the rest of the year and see if anyone works out exactly what it is Red Bull are doing on that car. If it is still the same after that then just scrap F1 and move on.

It's utterly pointless the way it is.

And no, it's not Red Bull's fault that they have nailed whatever it is they are doing on that car. But the result is the same, why bother.

ilovequo

RMS Regular
People said the same about the Schumacher/ Vettel/Hamilton eras. It’s been a poor spectacle since early 2000s imo.

Jbridges522

RMS Regular
Drives
986 & RR
It will all be flipped on its head soon enough and we will all forget about it like we have with merc and ferrari it seems.

The reason it seems worse now is Perez is absolute dung lets be honest, there has never been such a gap between team mates in a top team and even if it is rb slowing him down its still on him cause he should be kicking up a fuss.

Crow555

RMS Regular
Drives
Integra DC5R
People said the same about the Schumacher/ Vettel/Hamilton eras. It’s been a poor spectacle since early 2000s imo.
I wouldn't agree with that. I can remember one particular Schumacher season with Ferrari where he had the championship wrapped up at Magny Cours. 2 of Vettel's championships were hard-fought, especially against Alonso in the Ferrari. As for the Hamilton Merc era, it's fair to say most of his competition came from within the team but Rosberg and Bottas put up more of a fight than Perez is doing at the moment.

I still find it ironic that the most competitive, hard fought season we had in years was the last year of the previous hybrid cars that was changed "to improve racing".

Ultimately, it's an engineers sport. While the guy behind the wheel gets the plaudits, it's the nerds pulling overnighters to shave hundreds of a second of the car are the ones that win championships.

KevM

RMS Regular
1710244089068.png

gpaevo

RMS Regular
Drives
Audi B9.5

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34

Asked whether Mohammed Ben Sulayem still had Hamilton's confidence as FIA president, Hamilton said: "(He) never has."

Fair play to Hamilton for that. MBS really does need to do the FIA a favour and **** off before he drags it's reputation any further through the dirt.

He might be able to get a seat in the Chinese Clip Cup or something 🤣

Gibbo

RMS Regular
Drives
VW CC
A bad weekend for RB and Mercedes, looking more and more like LH seen the writing on the wall to make his move.

Great result for ferrari and mclaren and he only had surgery a week ago!

Russell can't race it seems.

cauld1

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW E34
Should be more switched on around aul Alonso 🤣.

Neither way, he's not a suitable No1 for Merc, in fact imo he should be in an Alpine or Haas.
Tbh as much as I think Russell is a dose, I wouldn't necessarily entirely agree with that as yea he makes silly mistakes but he's not as crap as the likes of Perez, Sargent or Ric!