F30 M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I hear the thing to do with these if you have the kit is to lacquer the skirts, any of you have this done ?

It is recommended to lacquer over the decals as they can be damaged by stones,etc. I didn't bother with the decals though, so no.

_Stu_

RMS Regular
Saw you coming through saintfield on Saturday afternoon. Would have flashed but was driving dad's IX35. Headlights really finish it off nicely.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
It is recommended to lacquer over the decals as they can be damaged by stones,etc. I didn't bother with the decals though, so no.
I've never heard of anyone do this on these cars, is that not rather odd lacquering over a decal?

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Not a big update as such but called over with my good friend @AlpineF30 he activated the alarm beep on my car with his BMW coding software, tonight was a trial thing to see if my car would play ball, thankfully it did and he wants to try out a few other things with the car.

Acoustic lock/unlock
ADCDA7CC-0BD6-47A4-A67A-CFCBD83A5840_zpslddef7xy.jpg

Just been trying to keep the car clean too :grinning:
5D9495AD-074A-4F4B-A3F7-1F3EAFDC21D1_zpsfdyrrwcz.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Took 40,000 off her as well don't know why he didn't mention that......for shame!

Jokes aside ive worked out how to do more stuff on it so call round whenever
Cheers sir, probably be early next week if that suits

chris_b

RMS Regular
Drives
A car
The 4cyl diesel engine is a good blend of economy with sufficient power, and is obviously cheaper to buy and run. Not everyone can plump up for the flagship model.
Or want one ! Ive had an E46 320d and then an E60 535. Few years later got the wife a 520d and quickly realised in all honesty the 520d was a much better daily car. Massively better on fuel and whilst no ball of fire was more than enough for daily duties and could still get you in trouble.
Just got her a 320d a fortnight ago too and had zero interest in anything more tbh

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Or want one ! Ive had an E46 320d and then an E60 535. Few years later got the wife a 520d and quickly realised in all honesty the 520d was a much better daily car. Massively better on fuel and whilst no ball of fire was more than enough for daily duties and could still get you in trouble.
Just got her a 320d a fortnight ago too and had zero interest in anything more tbh
I agree with this. The woman's wee 116d is a great wee car and does the daily duty great and I was gave a 520d as a courtesy car when my M4 was in and it was a great going article.

I had an E60 535d and then bought an F30 330d to replace it but they gave me a 320d for a week to **** about in as my 330 was delayed and it was better in almost everyway to the 535d and I traded the 330d in for a 318d F30 and it was a great car and I still regret parting with it as it was economical and fun to drive plus wasn't lacking on power.

But me saying that isn't annoying Brennan so we can't have that.

Brennan your car is crap and you know it and its not economical and it has no power. Also you look a bellend driving it and an old woman told me she planned on throwing dog crap at it when she next sees it. Also it stinks like cat piss.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Thanks guys, yeah I've no desire to be throwing all my disposable income into the tank of my car. This car has enough power for day to day use, It is very economical and sport mode is really enjoyable to drive in.

I probably will plump for a remap to make things more interesting, and didn't Chris Harris say that the current 320d is all the car a person ever needs as a daily, the perfect blend between performance and economy.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I agree with this. The woman's wee 116d is a great wee car and does the daily duty great and I was gave a 520d as a courtesy car when my M4 was in and it was a great going article.

I had an E60 535d and then bought an F30 330d to replace it but they gave me a 320d for a week to **** about in as my 330 was delayed and it was better in almost everyway to the 535d and I traded the 330d in for a 318d F30 and it was a great car and I still regret parting with it as it was economical and fun to drive plus wasn't lacking on power.

But me saying that isn't annoying Brennan so we can't have that.

Brennan your car is crap and you know it and its not economical and it has no power. Also you look a bellend driving it and an old woman told me she planned on throwing dog crap at it when she next sees it. Also it stinks like cat piss.

Haha that did LOL quite a bit

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Chris Harris say that the current 320d is all the car a person ever needs as a daily, the perfect blend between performance and economy.

Top gear has really went down hill lol

My brother loves his 318d as he spends a lot of time driving motorways and he likes economy over performance. I could see how a 320d would be great for the wife as daily and kid lugger.

da.murf

RMS Regular
Drives
Nissan 350z
giphy.gif

My First comment on your car....
Decided on a visual one! Looking very car and they do drive excellently

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.