F30 M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Not having a go, but my word you have the worst luck, or else order from some backstreet part suppliers. You have had no luck, with the headlights order being taken, then delayed, then cancelled, then taken again, and now the issue with the springs lol. Car does look really well, which means time for you to sell up :p

P.s disclaimer - not actually suggesting you are buying from backstreet suppliers so please dont be offended.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Not having a go, but my word you have the worst luck, or else order from some backstreet part suppliers. You have had no luck, with the headlights order being taken, then delayed, then cancelled, then taken again, and now the issue with the springs lol. Car does look really well, which means time for you to sell up :p

P.s disclaimer - not actually suggesting you are buying from backstreet suppliers so please dont be offended.

Sell up? Maybe later in the year, but I don't even know what I would replace this with.

Haha I do tend to buy my parts/products from reputable places, the springs came from a rather large stockist and the headlights, that was the only place in the Uk selling them.

What can you take from this? I guess it's the fact that I won't give up. Life is full of speed bumps, take your time and get over them, If I've my heart set on something I'll not stop until I can get it, and I can be quite persuasive, after all I did persuade one of the largest automotive lighting manufacturers in the world to make these headlight units in right hand drive :grinning:

pablo

RMS Moderator
keep with the updates mate, car looking great and nice to see the changes etc.

should be mint with the springs in, not sure where you would go from there. H&Rs be fine Im sure.

andy_gdon

RMS Regular
Drives
GTi Polo
Well I didn't have much choice in the matter, the last Eibach set was sold under my nose while my order was being processed, I wasn't told this until the following day.

I wanted the car lowered for the show on Sunday as the standard m sport springs make the Car look silly, with it sitting much higher at the front.

I was offered the H&R, I decided to take them after reading some positive reviews, I realise the ride may be slightly harsher but they promise to make the car handle even better.

It will def handle better Azza...on a nice smooth race track. I just refuse to drive the polo down to her folks place because it would jar your spine lol

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
So the springs were fitted today, I wanted a very subtle drop mostly at the front to minimise the big arch gap, I could have went much lower but I didnt for two reasons. Firstly, I'm not from Magherafelt and secondly I need the car to remain practical as I drive it everyday for work. Right height will drop a little more over the next couple of days as the springs settle in. One thing that annoyed me is that these F30s sit higher at the front, these springs have levelled out the car. Here's a before and after for now

47D9B963-F236-4DF2-BDC9-6BB271A6E796_zpsnmyevoq7.jpg

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
I would say there isn't too much more aesthetically you would want to do to the car. Maybe need to keep an eye on the tyres for uneven wear after a period of time. I had H&R springs fitted to my old Bocanegra and the tyres wore out on the inside very quickly. A fee adjustments were needed to ensure even wear (after having to replace the two fronts).

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.