F30 M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
Glad the springs are cancelled. Didn't want to bust your bubble when you said you'd ordered them. Now, listen to the wise older folks on here, order one male of spring and one only EIBACH and thats it - nothing else

A lesson well learnt :worried:

Hark back to the days when I had FK coilovers fitted to my E90. Bloody ruined that car

weeloaney

RMS Regular
Drives
Mazda 3 MPS AERO
Glad the springs are cancelled. Didn't want to bust your bubble when you said you'd ordered them. Now, listen to the wise older folks on here, order one make of spring and one only EIBACH and thats it - nothing else

Was thinking of saying the same.

Had Apex shock and springs in my bora and they were crap, more so the shocks were made of dung and I bent 3 of them.
But the spring seemed to go soft and get lower as they got older.

Replaced them after 3 and a bit years with KW shock and spring kit that was lower and the ride quality was miles above apex and the build of the shocks was far stronger and heavier.

Pity the car got wrote off after only 400 miles with the new kit :worried:

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
New boot spoiler arrived, M Performance one.

The one that came on the car was the smaller F80 M3 one (For sale now)

E27170F9-1939-4BC8-9984-CB3297A478ED_zpsgrxjce5p.jpg

6EEEB002-C927-4025-8BF4-2F7B5FE311CA_zpsnostvjvt.jpg

837E05C4-9119-493F-9FCB-2D4CD5473848_zps2hnw1yoo.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
So i bought Eibach springs this time round. Pro line. She wont be felt spec low with these, instead a tidy subtle lowering where the car remains usable

Screenshot_20170408-184823_zpsr9mwhdem.png

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Funny story, my order was messed up by the stockist in England I bought from, to cut a long story short, I've ended up with H&R springs, which I know are as good as Eibach but tend to be a little firmer on the road.

Car is booked in for fitting tomorrow afternoon

3809C66D-4EB3-4796-A3D4-22262382F508_zpsmqfduonw.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Pretty clear no?

Chris B is a BMW enthusiast and suggested eibach so that was ignored and H&Rs were bought lol.
Well I didn't have much choice in the matter, the last Eibach set was sold under my nose while my order was being processed, I wasn't told this until the following day.

I wanted the car lowered for the show on Sunday as the standard m sport springs make the Car look silly, with it sitting much higher at the front.

I was offered the H&R, I decided to take them after reading some positive reviews, I realise the ride may be slightly harsher but they promise to make the car handle even better.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
lol humbled Gav :oops:

I'm sure the H&R's will be just fine, young Brennan is merely a young pup so he will enjoy the added 'harshness'
I'm not a kick in the ass off 30 lol I would prefer comfort but you can't have your cake and eat it unfortunately :rolleyes:

T66 DNP

RMS Regular
Drives
320i M Sport
New boot spoiler arrived, M Performance one.

The one that came on the car was the smaller F80 M3 one (For sale now)

E27170F9-1939-4BC8-9984-CB3297A478ED_zpsgrxjce5p.jpg

6EEEB002-C927-4025-8BF4-2F7B5FE311CA_zpsnostvjvt.jpg

837E05C4-9119-493F-9FCB-2D4CD5473848_zps2hnw1yoo.jpg
Brennan I would be in the market for exactly the same boot spoiler. Any links to where you got it from? Car is looking very well!

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW

NickR

RMS Regular
Drives
A6/E39 530i
I had H&R springs in the S3 and took them out after a couple of months, far to hard for my liking. Ask @pobmk4 about me pestering him lol.

Personally I love the AC Schnitzer springs in mine. They improve the look and the comfort is still there despite he fact they improve the handling. The added bonus was the warranty provided as I was putting them on a brand new car.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.