F30 M Sport

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

redanni

RMS Regular
Drives
MK7 R / MK2 RS
Totally stunning.
I keep seeing the one in Portadown almost identical to this and every time I think it's you lol

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Totally stunning.
I keep seeing the one in Portadown almost identical to this and every time I think it's you lol
Thanks bud, yeah I know the chap who owns the one in Portadown lol

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
I see the map is working well....

images.jpg

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
I thought I saw you doing some mad maneuvering at the lights yesterday then I soon realised the situation lol Car's looking well.
Haha thanks, yeah all the cars were doing a complete U-turn in the middle of the street as the top of it was blocked off, hope the lady in the Jag was ok.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
So I know I said I was hanging up my modding gloves with this motor and essentially I have, but to cut a long story short I have decided to postpone the new motor for another year so I can save more and have a better budget to play with.

In the mean time I decided to retrofit a new screen into this car as the original one was very basic and small with no navigation. This new screen will be taken out and fitted to the new car when the time comes as I know I'm going for a 4 series.

So essentially the new screen is an Android tablet inside but built specifically for BMW 3 & 4 series cars as an aftermarket replacement display. It is a 10.25" full HD 1080p touchscreen display running the latest Android OS, optimised for BMW cars.

It has a host of features including Navigation, internet browser, DVD playback, to name but a few. Whilst the system runs a stand alone Android OS, a quick tap on one of the options on the screen brings you back to BMW original idrive system should you need to change any car settings.

Full HD 1080P music videos and movies can also be watched full screen in high definition, uploaded onto the system via USB.

Im very pleased with the smoothness and responsiveness of the screen, it goes above and beyond my expectations of it, it is a true multimedia experience in your car and a great solution for anyone looking to upgrade from their very basic screen or pro nav screen.

Huge thanks goes to my good friend @AlpineF30 for fitting it for me last night, he's very clued up on car electronics, where my knowledge in this field is very limited.

wKHKiC.jpg

dDz9GR.jpg

GglTzf.jpg

5hAbhG.jpg

AlpineF30

RMS Regular
Drives
BMW M3
M sports don't have nav??

Screen looks well, Looks OEM.

Nope, they started to come as standard with Nav mid 2014 but the non M Sports are also the same.

The only upgrades you get with an M Sport are:

Body Kit
Seats
Steering Wheel
Slightly Lower
Headliner
Kick Plates

G N K

RMS Regular
Drives
Anything
That is fantastic @Brennan, looks very smart indeed. And you'd be mad to change the car atm, it sits perfect and you've spent a few quid on it with the lights etc.

Maybe a remap will help keep you interested for the next year.

Enjoy.

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
Fixed that for you......

Also the clock is wrong....
There was a little more to it than that ahaha, I'll fix the clock later once I find out how to do it :joy:

Last edited:

richie_mck

RMS Regular
That’s very smart looking. I’m not very clued up on these things but how does the WiFi work and could you install the likes of Spotify to it?

Mark315

RMS Regular
Drives
R
Did you watch a full movie in your driveway today? The snapchats suggested it

Looks superb! Did you get it mapped?

Brennan

RMS Regular
OP
Brennan
Drives
BMW
That’s very smart looking. I’m not very clued up on these things but how does the WiFi work and could you install the likes of Spotify to it?
Basically you connect it to the hotspot on your phone or if you're outside a house/building with wifi you can connect to it, or you can bring a portable 4G box with you in the car

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.