Focus St2

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Was on with bd performance today @shannon1305 they said a slight delay in posting which is understandable but think I'll give him the business after what I believe to be an arson attack always nice to try and support the ones that need it most. @Gambit will %100 have to get a look and listen when you get the exhaust sorted if your back in with us for anything.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
So 2 setbacks today. First of the catback is on back order with dreamscience for 6 weeks. My other pair of spacers arrived today seller told me they were 15mm but turns out there 20mm (n). Hopefully the front discs and pads will be done this week then a waiting game on the exhaust.

shannon1305

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST225
So 2 setbacks today. First of the catback is on back order with dreamscience for 6 weeks. My other pair of spacers arrived today seller told me they were 15mm but turns out there 20mm (n). Hopefully the front discs and pads will be done this week then a waiting game on the exhaust.
20mm will look well on the rears. I'm a little bias though as that's what I have on mine.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
What have you on the front? Are you lowered? I've cobra 40 front and 40 rear just hoping 20 rear won't be to much.

shannon1305

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST225
I have cobra 20mm at the front and 40mm at the rear. Looks just about perfect in my opinion. Can be a real pain to park beside a kerb though

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Going to fit the spacers when Iam getting the discs and pads done and see what I think. Have you mudflaps on your one?

shannon1305

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST225
Going to fit the spacers when Iam getting the discs and pads done and see what I think. Have you mudflaps on your one?
Nope, I've never been a fan of mud flaps. Do you have them on front and rear? They would certainly protect the painted bits of the wheel arch better

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Only the front would like a set that don't stand out much but think I'll leave the front ones on for now as don't want any chips up the side with the spacers going on though it doesn't do a lot of driving anyway. Did you use a ramp to do the block mod?

shannon1305

RMS Regular
Drives
Focus ST225
Only the front would like a set that don't stand out much but think I'll leave the front ones on for now as don't want any chips up the side with the spacers going on though it doesn't do a lot of driving anyway. Did you use a ramp to do the block mod?
I don't think there's much risk of stone chips down the side. I'm quite picky when it comes to cleaning so I notice any new chips. The biggest problem is the wear in the wheel arch.

No i didn't. There isn't much need as your only working at the top of the engine. It would help with getting the turbo off and doing the timing belt though.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
thats a seriously clean looking ST. a fella i work with has a ST500 we changed the exhaust for a milltek decat the other night, underneath was also like new (sounds unreal to). great cars for the money i think.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Thanks pal. Now thinking about changing the wheels. Lol. Have a non res dreamscience catback ordered but it's on back order for another month.

ciarandeery1

RMS Regular
Drives
205 gti
Thanks pal. Now thinking about changing the wheels. Lol. Have a non res dreamscience catback ordered but it's on back order for another month.
what would you put on though? i think those wheels suit the ST perfect.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Have seen a wheel that a lot of the guys in England have on. As you said though the facelift wheels on a prefacelift look perfect so might just leave them. Still need to fit my spacers.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Have seen a wheel that a lot of the guys in England have on. As you said though the facelift wheels on a prefacelift look perfect so might just leave them. Still need to fit my spacers.

Give me a buzz if you change alloys, i will take your facelifts. Alternatively, if not going to sell them, where did you get them from as I might buy them finally.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
I won mine on eBay. Didn't want them at the time but ended up winning them for good money then got them refurbed by nu luk. If I buy what I've my eye on id probably keep hold of these as they have p zeros on them that have done less than 500mile. Lol. But will keep you posted mate. (y) Hoping to get the grills done gloss black within the next while put my front splitter on zunsport lower grill and then hopefully carbon mirrors after that going to start into the engine bay adding some carbon etc.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Haven't been doing much with this lately has done very little driving due to trying to source the problem of the anti freeze smell coming through when the blowers are on. Got a second hand 3 inch scorpion Downpipe done less than 3k so is in top condition has heat wrap on it which I think I'll leave on. Also repainted my h&r hubcentric spacers. Going for the 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear at least until I change the wheels. As soon as I get the smell issue sorted going to get it up and get a few bits that are annoying me painted to leave it perfect hoping it'll all be done for Easter. Going to order a lower zunsport grill to do away with the plate put the airtec logo onto the inter cooler fit the splitter and get all the exterior plastics painted gloss black. All being well hoping to add a nice rear diffuser on to.

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Haven't been doing much with this lately has done very little driving due to trying to source the problem of the anti freeze smell coming through when the blowers are on. Got a second hand 3 inch scorpion Downpipe done less than 3k so is in top condition has heat wrap on it which I think I'll leave on. Also repainted my h&r hubcentric spacers. Going for the 15mm on the front and 20mm on the rear at least until I change the wheels. As soon as I get the smell issue sorted going to get it up and get a few bits that are annoying me painted to leave it perfect hoping it'll all be done for Easter. Going to order a lower zunsport grill to do away with the plate put the airtec logo onto the inter cooler fit the splitter and get all the exterior plastics painted gloss black. All being well hoping to add a nice rear diffuser on to.

Going to throw it out there again :p sell me your facelift wheels when you take them off hahaha. There is a nice red ST on gumtree for sale with rotiform VCE wheels that I would love for mine, near tempted to ask the fella if he would sell me them as always loved that style of wheel, even wanted similar on my Fabia.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Seen that car looks a nice one. There's a few bits id like of it. But didn't really didn't want to message and see if he was taking anything off it. Lol. You'll get first shout at the facelifts if I buy something else. Still waiting on the catback to arrive need more noise. Lol. You done anymore to your one @collyirwin11 ?

collyirwin11

RMS Regular
Drives
RS/Mk2 GTi
Seen that car looks a nice one. There's a few bits id like of it. But didn't really didn't want to message and see if he was taking anything off it. Lol. You'll get first shout at the facelifts if I buy something else. Still waiting on the catback to arrive need more noise. Lol. You done anymore to your one @collyirwin11 ?

Please do. (y) Nothing that I can think off, I had originally told myself I wasn't going to do anything to it, but I am not at the stage of looking at the cosmetic side, likes of the cobra springs you have, those rotiform wheels, maybe changing the grills and surrounds. Then other times I just think there is no need, it serves its purpose perfectly at the minute. Would love to change the wheels to facelift or get my own refurbed, but never do anything about it. Keeping watching sets on ebay but never buy them. Ideally would love a few things painted too, but sometimes I just think whats the point in me spending a fortune on it when its not even bad. I still love driving it everyday, 2 and a half years after buying it, can definitely see why you had to have another.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Really are a great car. And good to see them holding strong money atm. I was offered a good price for this which I turned down because I can't be bothered looking for another one. Lol.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
All being well the catback will be with me this week. Car is going tomorrow for a check over to see if the antifreeze smell can be sourced. I noticed tonight the pollen filter box lower bolt was loose so tightened that up had it running in the garage until it was at running temp and zero smell seems you have to drive it to get the smell through the vents just need to get it sorted then it's off for minor paintwork next month. :cool:

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
After 2 months it's here full 3 inch non res Dreamscience dsci catback. :laughing: Hoping to have it fitted by end of next week along with the 3 inch Downpipe. Going to see how long the clutch holds out will eventually replace it with something. Going for abit of minor paintwork in the next few weeks feels like it's all starting to come together now. (y)
Excuse the mattress but my new exhaust is clearly more important than faffing about with a mattress.

ABishop

RMS Regular
Drives
Ford Focus ST
Fantastic news mate. We'll have to get a meet organised at some point so we car hear that exhaust roar.

gsmith

RMS Regular
OP
gsmith
Yea hoping after I get few Wee bits painted it'll be ready to hopefully start in time for the shows and start using it. Got some good news reference the smell I was getting so fingers crossed its sorted. Been looking at adding a few exterior bits then going to start under the bonnet as intake and Dreamscience induction.

Status
This is not open for further replies. We close very old threads, and if this is the case, please start a new one on the same topic.