Golf GTI Mk5

Ben

RMS Regular
Drives
Jaaaag XF-S
Didn't see you at all, were you on the car and bike?
In the car, I had just pulled out of my estate and joined the queue of traffic heading into Lurgan, and you were heading down the Avenue/Belfast Road.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Today was a very expensive day but so worth it, 4 new Michelin PS4s, and new rear arms as the camber bolts were seized. Drives brilliantly now on the twisty stuff.

20190404_103401.jpg

mcmurray

RMS Regular
Drives
M3
PS4's are great. Did you buy from Simon or online?

That was me waving at you from a blue Fiesta on Monday night btw. Could see you struggling to work out who it was.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
PS4's are great. Did you buy from Simon or online?

That was me waving at you from a blue Fiesta on Monday night btw. Could see you struggling to work out who it was.

Bought them from Simon, were doing 50 quid off when buying 4. Made my mind up as I also was considering s2 evos.

I did wonder! Now it makes sense. When is your car to be ready?

trev 1515

RMS Regular
Drives
E39 M5 Evo ix
Seen it when I was out at Keithā€™s there, looks a really good one. Wheels really suit it.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Well after getting the suspension/tyres sorted well so I thought, the rear shocks are leaking and squeaking like a hookers mattress.

I have the original shocks and springs but I really like it lowered. So I am not sure whether to go for another coilover kit or bilstein shocks and good springs.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
If they are a decent brand coilovee you could get them rebuilt :grinning:
They're APs so nothing too fancy, just got a price to replace the rear two at 200. Knowing my luck I would replace them and the front go. So thinking of a new set up.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Got the front wings sorted last week and the local body shop I use did a flawless job as usual.

Have replaced one of the mirror caps due to some bad scratches and bought chrome indicator bulbs for the front. I also got a pair of Bilstein b8s to replace the leaking shocks but the squeaking is still there. Going to get it looked again this week suspecting the rear ARB bushes.
20190513_123136.jpg
20190513_123113.jpg
20190513_123212.jpg
20190513_123400.jpg

Last edited:

veedubnoodle

RMS Regular
Drives
her crazy
Have you checked to see if the rubber spring pads are in place? Or how are the rear arm bushes looking?

Car looks fantastic by the way (y)

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Have you checked to see if the rubber spring pads are in place? Or how are the rear arm bushes looking?

Car looks fantastic by the way (y)

Cheers Aaron it's getting there. Yeah think the pads are there but I check again. Got new arms that had new inner bushes.

Did you ask the bodyshop to remove the sponge padding from behind the front arches? I'm told that's why they're so prone to rotting through

Yeah they threw them in the boot as a momento, hard to believe they cause so much damage.

cormac81

RMS Regular
OP
cormac81
Drives
GTI, VRS, Superb
Cheers @martybelfastsri

The plates are going sometime soon, really have gone pressed plates maybe it reminds me of those 3D jobbies. On the lookout for a nice 3 digit plate for it so I get a new set made up then.

Have also been looking at r32/ed30 rear lights but I'm afraid it would like some kind of half arsed ed30 rep.

A milltek is also on the wish list but having the 4 cars now certainly hits the 'cars' fund.